• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Since March, I have:

• Dined inside at a restaurant

Votes: 1,016 26.5%
  • Dined outside at a restaurant

Votes: 1,087 28.4%
  • Gotten takeout/curbside pickup/drive thru from a restaurant

Votes: 2,640 68.9%
  • Gotten delivery from a restaurant

Votes: 2,242 58.5%
  • Worked at a restaurant

Votes: 46 1.2%
  • Worked as a delivery driver for a restaurant

Votes: 19 0.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 324 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
there are ways to be safe while still not being locked up at home all day

There are also plenty of ways to be social without putting yourself in a situation where you're drastically more likely to spread covid.

don't know if some of the people here just have no social lives or something.

My truest and deepest friendships have only strengthened due to this. The surface-level ones that consisted around just "doing" things together have faded. I'm not going to sink to your level here, but your quip is quite uncalled for.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've done a handful of outside dining ventures and mostly do curbside pickup when we want to have restaurant food.

The quality isn't there though and we find ourselves just cooking st home, though we find ourselves in the grocery stores more than ever before.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I have splurged about twice a month on average, always ordering contact-less delivery and taking extra precautions (spreading a towel over the counter, unpacking everything carefully and transferring it to plates, etc.). My wife hasn't left the apartment since March with two exceptions where she didn't leave the car (taking our cat to the vet). It's one way she gets to have a little bit of normalcy / something to look forward to.

You couldn't pay me to dine in anywhere for the next year or so, and even then it's heavily dependent upon containment.

Edit: Before anyone asks, we tip about double what we normally do which was already generous. Delivery people got a tough gig now.

Last edited:

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
All first 4 for me.
Heck, I had drive thru McDonalds just now.

I know I've dined inside a Burger King like... twice? Outside said Burger King twice (in my car, parked in the parking lot).
Had food delivery once from a St-Hubert Express. Take out from a KFC twice. And McDonalds drive thrus. Stopped counting those.

So, yeah... pandemic or not, it didn't stop me getting restaurant.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I have once dined inside and I felt dirty. I only did it because it was in CT which has one of the lowest transmission rates in the country.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Front door delivery and curbside pickup (basically delivery to the car's trunk) both without any contact with anyone.
Yeah I won't be caught dead inside a restaurant, I do have to get groceries from time to time though.
I don't know how much they're paid but people there need a serious raise

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Have not dined inside a restaurant or on the patio, but I've gone through drive-throughs, gotten delivery or takeout etc plenty of times.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I had lunch with friends one time and made them choose a place with outside seating. This was back before the summer and I've not dined at the restaurant since.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I've been cooking and eating at home since March.

Last time I ordered a pizza for pickup from a pizzeria was March 9.

Haven't gone out to eat in a restaurant since January actually.

I bake my own pizza now! Cheaper too!

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I ate with a friend in one back in late June. We were the only people there and it seemed like the restaurant didn't have many customers at all that day. Haven't gone in one since the mask mandate in Ohio.

Worldres

Mar 30, 2019
I've eaten at restaurants, though only ever alone, and only when it was empty or near empty and I can be seated across the restaurant from other people (such as at 10pm). I wouldn't do it with other people or in a busy restaurant. Something like 30% of our city is estimated to be doing absolutely nothing to prevent transmission, and no one who goes to restaurants around here seems to care about safety inside them, from what I've observed.

I order from restaurants all the time.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Definitely haven't dined inside a restaurant since early March/late February. I've gotten a lot of delivery since though.

Oct 25, 2017
I've gone inside a restaurant for less than one minute to get takeout one time. Got delivery other times.

No way would I dine at a restaurant, even outside.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Takeout 3x a week, with a 20%-30% tip. I cook the rest of the time but I like getting takeout for variety and there's a number of ethnic restaurants near me.

Only time I've actually dined on premises was eating outdoors at a place near my parents while observing practices as best I could. Definitely not eating in until I'm vaccinated or this thing gets under much better control.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
It's been over 175 days without community transmission here. Ive been going out quite a bit.

I wouldn't be doing it if there was any spread here.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
I picked up food once or twice from the kebab-shop that's door to door to my apartment's building, but never got to eat inside any restaurant.

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
Twice, though in my defence I live in QLD Australia and we have had really tight border controls and very low numbers compared to other states and countries. They were once in July for bf birthday and then once again this past long weekend because we were catching up with family not seen since March (the entire state hasn't had community transmission for three weeks now and currently has 7 active cases who are in quarantine.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
My local Veggie (largely Vegan) all you can eat place opened August I think with a policy of them all wearing masks, bringing the food to the table (At first I was like this all I can eat, yes it bloody was, almost exploded) and a 6 person bubble (Just went with the best mate). Other than that lots of takeaways, most are leave at the door.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't done any of it at all. The only time I get outside food pre covid was when traveling. Since traveling is out I'm only eating my food.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
We had to go inside to request outdoor seating but there was literally no one else inside so we just ate inside. It was once about a week ago and we were out before anyone else came in. Not going to make a habit of it though.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Several times a week, yeah. Sometimes with colleagues at lunch, sometimes just at my local pub or that awesome BBQ place nearby in the evening.
Obviously you have to wear masks, there is the proper distance between tables / groups and so on.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
I've dined inside restaurants a few times. When the weather is nice and there are tables outside that will be our preference, but we've been inside and as well for the most part the restaurants are all practicing safe cleanliness guidelines or above. Only once did I not feel comfortable - it was at a restaurant which was not at all following the state guidelines of restricted indoor dining, but we were close to the patio so we weren't totally enclosed.

I was just thinking though, come late-fall/winter I feel like it will be a different story, and unfortunately many restaurants will suffer as a result.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I got delivery once or twice, but I prefer going for take out. I really don't trust delivery people are practicing all safety measures...
But even then, it's been less than 5 times. I can live without going out for food if it means taking care of my family and myself.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I've only done take-out/delivery. I prefer that anyeays

Last time I ate inside a restaurant was either last year or the year before that. I'm good

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I've only gotten take-out since March, wearing a mask each time except once at a Papa John's about a month ago when I forgot to bring one with me. I opened the door a bit and it was close to closing time and was like "Yeah, I placed an order but forgot my mask, so I don't imagine you want me coming in around y'all." They brought my receipt to the door for me to sign and gave me my food and everything was cool.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Still have not patronized any eating establishments--dine-in or takeout--since March 4th, a bit over seven months.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've had dozens of deliveries and takeaways since March, I've also dined inside of several restaurants post re-opening. Each one had pretty strict Covid guidelines in place, not to mention more distant seating, available hand sanitizers, staff wearing PPE etc.

Honestly, I felt safer in the restaurants I'd been to than the supermarkets I regularly have to visit.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guarentee you unless it's like a high end restaurant you don't want to dine in. People cut corners, whether intentionally or not. Maybe not 4 months ago, but now, a lot will be. Even if you don't see the absurdity of forcing low income workers to wait on you, at least get your actual self interests taken care of.

I work in grocery at a regional chain and it has gotten pathetic. Because I live in a red state where some managers don't actually believe in this, so that person that was supposed to be sanitizing carts and convicining people to wear masks until close? Now they're going home an hour early because places are trying to cut hours. Register wipe downs were every hour, then every two, and now the hour cuts have gotten so bad whoever's on shift will be busy the entire night so it's cleaning when you can, if at all.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Not inside; just outside. It was just me and a friend with no one else around.

Being inside of anywhere without a mask on just doesn't feel safe right now.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
My girlfriend works at a restaurant so I met her for dinner after her shift when things first reopened. Felt weird and wasn't crazy about it. Have dined outside at an establishment 3 times, feels ok if it's distanced but I'm definitely very selective on when and where I'll go

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Me since March 6th.

Now that we know it's airborne you gotta be even more careful than you were

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Ate at a restaurant late June for my partner's birthday. Nice italian place couple blocks from our apartment. It's a large space, lots of open bay windows with heavily limited seating during the pandemic. It was atleast 20 feet between us and the nearest other table. Vancouver's numbers were pretty good at the time, but that's gotten far worse in the last couple months.

Otherwise, it's been a lot of takeout from our local coffee places and restaurants.

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
Dined with a friend outside a tiny restaurant once since March (back in July), sitting at a table on the sidewalk with one other table fairly far away.

Can't see myself even doing that again this year.