• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Since March, I have:

• Dined inside at a restaurant

Votes: 1,016 26.5%
  • Dined outside at a restaurant

Votes: 1,087 28.4%
  • Gotten takeout/curbside pickup/drive thru from a restaurant

Votes: 2,640 68.9%
  • Gotten delivery from a restaurant

Votes: 2,242 58.5%
  • Worked at a restaurant

Votes: 46 1.2%
  • Worked as a delivery driver for a restaurant

Votes: 19 0.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 324 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Has there been any update in the last 3-4 months on the safety of getting and eating food from take-out/drive-thru? I swear I haven't seen any science updates on that since like April. If they could just confirm that it's 99.9% impossible to get Covid from food even if the person preparing your fresh food has covid and is contagious and breathing on the food while making it, then I'd start doing a lot of take-out because there's some stuff I miss and just can't cook like good Sushi or Ramen.

It's fine to do takeout. The concern comes from sitting in a space with other people who are actively putting droplets into the air around you.

I'd also like to recommend to people to avoid using GrubHub/DoorDash/etc. Most restaurants' profit margins are wiped out by the fees associated with those services. If you have ChowNow available in your area, please consider using them if you're unwilling or unable to pick it up yourself. ChowNow is a commission free system that was created to help benefit restaurants.

Jul 3, 2019
Curbside has been super nice since I can still support my favorite local spots. Stuff like the grocery store I just go when they are the slowest like late night.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
It's fine to do takeout. The concern comes from sitting in a space with other people who are actively putting droplets into the air around you.

I get that, but the initial concern was that Covid lived on surfaces for days if not weeks and you could pick it up by touching containers or food made by contagious individuals. Through about April/May the science articles were still saying that and I haven't seen any updates since.

Yeah you can wash your hands after touching a food container, but you can't really wash your hands between picking up food with your hands and putting it in your mouth.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that, but the initial concern was that Covid lived on surfaces for days if not weeks and you could pick it up by touching containers or food made by contagious individuals. Through about April/May the science articles were still saying that and I haven't seen any updates since.

Yeah you can wash your hands after touching a food container, but you can't really wash your hands between picking up food with your hands and putting it in your mouth.
CDC has said there are no known cases through any sort of food packaging.

Also, all the way back in may the CDC said that COVID does not spread easily via surfaces

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I've eaten in a restaurant maybe three times since March, most recently yesterday. They're pretty careful in my experience — limited capacity, masks when moving around, table service only.

Takeout lots of times.

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Only ordered a few pizzas that was delivered to me. I've not been in a restaurant since 2019.