Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Witcher 3

BotW is in my top 10 with a case for top 5 but not in the top 3 so it did come really close

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Probably Mass Effect 2, which is my number 1. My list is pretty loose and not set in stone when I try to think it out though. But I don't think any of the other games I've loved since then like TLOU 1 and 2, God of War 2018, Horizon Zero Dawn etc.could break the top 5 or so. Hard to break the nostalgia of things like Super Metroid, LTTP, OOT, Super Mario World and other favorites from my younger days. ME2 was good enough to do it though.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild easily got in there. Top 3 is pretty exclusive, so that's probably it with FF6 and Xenogears.
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
1. TLOU2 (1st played 2020)
2. RimWorld (1st played 2021)
3.Beat Saber (1st played 2020)

Might look like recency bias, but a top 10 would be all over the place, and top 25 would go back 35 years.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Demon's Souls Remake in November. Demon's PS3 was in there before that but the remake easily replaced it.

Incredible game and experience, and hands down the best looking game on console atm, no contest.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I don't have a Top 3 but I do have a Pantheon of Best Games Ever and most recently BotW & Sekiro both entered those ranks. RDR2 is also way up there.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Is Judgment really that good? I had a great time with 0.
Someone else in the thread had a write up that I agree with, Honestly 0 and Judgment (and 7 of course) are the only Yakuza games where i finished with 70+ hours and actually loved the minigames. The combat in Judgment is more "stricter" and less brain dead than the Yakuza series combat, so that may be good or bad depending on how you feel. The story is also more serious than your usual Yakuza game, it still has the fun side content, but it kinda kicks off and stays serious for the most part early on.
Judgment? Well it's the first "Yakuza" Game that I have decided to 100% and after 70+ Hours (104+ if you count the Xbox Timer)...I am almost there at 95%! I believe some of that was Idling and also restarting Mahjong and the Secret Boss Fight though. After 7 games with Kiryu, the freshness of Yagami brings new life into the old City of Kamurocho.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Disco Elysium it blew me away as someone who loves storytelling I just finished it Monday night and will be going right back in after a Platinum since it was such an amazing experience and it hits emotionally where so many games try with mixed results it resonated with me

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Disco, baby. Straight to the top. Lots of great releases in the past five years though. Into the Breach and BotW replaced the other two.

Oct 26, 2017
I find it very unlikely that anything will ever crack Symphony of the Night, Super Metroid, Suikoden II and Bubble Bobble. Dark Souls replaced World of Warcraft on my top 10, but that's the most recent one.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
It's been a while but for me it was undertale. Waited for the hype to reside and then played it myself, completing the different paths and it got the most emotions out of me than any game since. It shook me to my core and months later I still kept hearing the Ost and watched at least 5 playtroughs of other people (which I rarely do aside from Gopher). It's currently my Nr. 3.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I feel like top lists (especially as small as top 3) are tough because you're trying to compare games across such large time periods. Giving it a go, my top 3 are probably:
  1. Halo 2
  2. Morrowind
  3. Final Fantasy VI

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is Judgment really that good? I had a great time with 0.

Someone else in the thread had a write up that I agree with, Honestly 0 and Judgment (and 7 of course) are the only Yakuza games where i finished with 70+ hours and actually loved the minigames. The combat in Judgment is more "stricter" and less brain dead than the Yakuza series combat, so that may be good or bad depending on how you feel. The story is also more serious than your usual Yakuza game, it still has the fun side content, but it kinda kicks off and stays serious for the most part early on.

Yeah, if you've only played Yakuza 0, then Judgment is a HUGE Step-Up due to the new Engine.

And even if you have played other RGG Titles, I think the Story is of higher quality than the Kiryu ones due to the story being more grounded in nature and less backstabbing at every chapter.

Even though I started with Zero, then went to Kiwami 1 and 2...then back to 3-5 Remastered then to 6, I do feel that the Combat of these games...while not the best aspect of the game...do get more refined as you go along the release timeline.

Also, someone put it nicely in the Judgment OT actually 2 hours ago:

Is it controversial to say that I think Judgment is my favorite ryu ga gotoku game? I like it better than any of the Yakuza games I've played (that's saying something, I loved them all). The whole thriller noir vibe is just bringing me in and the friend/case/dating stuff is really awesome. I love that some side cases are related with other cases, friends you meet come into some other ones, and even in the dating side stuff some items friends give you come in handy. It all comes together to make the most immersive Kamurocho that I've ever played. Seeing your friends around town is also a really nice touch.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
Probably...Mass Effect 2? Maybe Breath of the Wild?

I don't know, I don't necessarily keep a list of my Top 10 games or whatever.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Undertale, back in 2015.

Hollow Knight, Breath of the Wild and Persona 5 Royal have crashed the top ten in the past few years.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty recently actually. Final Fantasy VII Remake blew my mind and outdid anything I ever expected it would.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Pillars of Eternity 2. That game just blew me away, it made me go back and 100% PoE 1 because I loved 2 so much. Now I want to go back and do more in Baldur's gate. I'd put it as my #2 game of all time.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Red Dead Redemption 2 was a hallmark experience in my long gaming history, it'll stay with me for a long time.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Hades.

Before that, I'd really have to think. Xenoblade Chronicles: DE, possibly, and BotW for sure. But I don't actually have a hard top 3.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FF7 or 8.

The only thing released recently that has got anywhere close was Yakuza 0 in what 2017?

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
  1. Bloodborne
  2. Bioshock
  3. The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Nier Automata, Dark Souls 3, and Hollow Knight entered my top 10

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Almost 21 years ago with Shenmue

my top 3 is pretty rock solid, I don't see anything replacing them any time soon

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure it did, but BotW was probably the closest anything has come since Metroid Prime.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Fall Guys is the most fun I've had since Rocket League

tenor.gif

Not sure if its a top 3, but its up in my top 10.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think especially after 2019's Shadowbringers, FFXIV has to be inducted into my all time top 3 games. It's the game that keeps giving back to me for having invested into it.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
Hollow Knight. Though I played it in 2017, it had to marinate for a bit for me to move it into my top three. The second playthrough on the Switch cemented it the following year.