• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Dragon Quesy XI S.

500+ hours, it delivered an experience I haven't felt in decades. It's among the GOAT games for me.

Before that was Resident Evil 4.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I'd have to really think about it. For sure BOTW, but the rest of the good feel games I have, I can't tell if it's recency bias or not.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm big on multiplayer games so for me it was Fortnite in 2017. Top 3 multiplayer experiences are Halo 2, MW2 and Fortnite.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Breath of the Wild was the last game to make it into my top 3 games of all time.

My top 3 games for now:

- The Last of Us
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
TLOU Part 2 & Hades. Both incredible.

This will sound odd but Hades really felt like it was built for me.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild and Bloodborne are #2 and #3 respectively. Nothing has toppled Metroid Prime at #1 yet though. Although both Elden Ring and BotW2 could do it depending on the direction they go with certain things.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
2019 when I played Watch Dogs 2. I can say it has officially surpassed Saints Row 2 as my favorite open world game, putting it next to MGS3 and Fallout New Vegas in my top 3 games ever.

Joo

May 25, 2018
The Last of Us 2 a couple weeks ago. I played it after it got the 60 fps patch. It was much better than I anticipated and easily beats the first one. Storytelling, presentation and animation are way above any other game, gameplay is amazing, varied and gives you tons of options to approach situations. Anyone who likes gaming should experience it and I really hope that other developers making story driven games take note.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I really really really adored Metro Exodus and it's DLC. Also I loved AC Odyssey. Dunno if those are top 3, but budding up against it.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
No Man's Sky. It's literally the game I'd dreamed of experiencing ever since I first played Elite way back in the Eighties. "What if I could land on the planets? What if there were all kinds of weird aliens there?"

It really is an astonishing achievement, and - for all the backlash it got at launch - it blows my mind that such a small team created it. It brings me peace and pleasure every time I launch it up, and I've sunk a couple of hundred hours into it (which, for me, is a totally unprecedented amount of playing time on a single game).

My PS5 is going to delivered in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to experience all the enhancements to this beloved favourite.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since anything approached my top 3 of MGS3, Rez, and Bioshock. Outer Wilds and RE2 Remake got pretty close, tho.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher 3 was certainly the most recent. The last time I sat down with a game and was transported into an experience amazing enough to claim as if it were my own adventure in reality.

That makes the situation with Cyberpunk 2077 all the more baffling, but I digress.

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
I never really thought about my top 3 but if I really need to chose I would say 2 of the slots are occupied by Super Metroid and Super Street 2X. And then there's the original Doom (or Quake, can't say which I love the most, maybe Quake for the multiplayer), so no, nothing cracked that top recently, but Dark Souls, Hollow Knight and BotW came that close.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a Top 3, Banjo-Kazooie and PaRappa 2 are both equally my favorite games by a landslide and then anything after that would just be arbitrary numbering. There's definitely a small list of games I feel way more strongly about than most though, it's pretty rare for anything to get added to it but most recently No Straight Roads easily secured a spot. Like PaRappa, it's nothing special in terms of gameplay but it has so much personality and style that it hit all the right spots for me.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Honestly? Genshin Impact made its case for my top 3 after Dragonspine came about, showing me that the creative forces behind it are getting stronger. If that wasn't enough, the new Golden Apple Archipelago just blew me out of the water and sealed the deal for my top 3. I love this content so much, and it's obvious the game will only get better and bigger over the months and years.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure what my top 3 is. I don't really do top lists. I don't think of my interests or likes in that way.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
This thread inspired me to finally sit down and iron out my lists. I had to make two, because older games tend to get drowned out of my top lists due to to the unfair technological/technical advancements and budget increases that modern games enjoy.

Top 10 (Gen 6 & Beyond)

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake
2. The Last of Us: Part 2
3. Genshin Impact
4. Super Mario Odyssey
5. It Takes Two
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
8. Kid Icarus: Uprising
9. Gravity Rush
10. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Top 10 (Gen 5 & Before)