Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh

61G1D2YV9ZL._SX342_.jpg

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll be damned, you're right. Looks like it was late in the system's life; I would have been all over that if I had known at the time.

Unfortunately that's only the Genesis version, unless something has changed since the announcement.
That's happening this month actually

* Ohhh wait the collection only has the genesis version. nvm then
Oddly enough the Gameboy version and both Lion King versions got in, as well as something called the Final Cut version for Aladdin

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
Shining Force 3, Shining Force CD, Dragon Force, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Rocket Knight Adventures. Basically half the Sega Saturn library.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
F-Zero GX fits here. the game has never been re-released beyond the original release on Gamecube. you can play it on Wii because the Wii has full BC with GC but that's it.

also, F-Zero X's Expansion Disk for 64DD has never been re-released. it's still trapped on 64DD which makes it very expensive to play legit (this is more like DLC than a full game but there's lots of DLCs that are also in a similar situation).

there's also the Satellaview BS F-Zero games that have never been re-released either. the one floating around is just the first one but there was another one that seems to have been completely lost to time since no one ever dumped it and there's almost no traces of it outside some of the track's names.

(if only they did a collection and put all the games together...)

Aug 10, 2019
You could just play the original CPS1 game using an OSSC. Or just play the Genesis/MD version on the Genesis/MD mini or play the original on the HDMI FPGA console whose name escapes me at the moment or a Genesis/MD with an OSSC.

The original game holds up to this day. And Capcom can't remake it properly, Strider 2 didn't have the same magic and the one they outsourced was bleargh.

Speaking of Strider, the game that should be mentioned for this thread is Osman/Cannon Dancer. Since that's basically the real Strider 2 in all but name.

I was going to say RF2 but I already have the AW version.
Omg I didn't realize it was on the genesis mini. Not quite the same as the arcade version but it's better than nothing.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
The PS1 Toy Story 2 game.
One of my favorite 3D platformers ever made. Disney has greenlit ports of many of the classic Star Wars games over the last few years, so perhaps they'll start looking more at their non-Star Wars gaming catalog and do something big with Toy Story 2. After how well Crash and Spyro turned out, a remake would be stellar.

My personal choice is the Sega CD version of Snatcher, which is the only version of the game that was localized for English markets. Even if you have a Sega CD laying around, owning a physical copy of Snatcher is another matter entirely. I wish it had happened during Kojima's years of good grace at Konami, as the chances of it happening now are pretty much zero.

Last edited:

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a single Eternal Darkness mention so far? Because the correct answer is Eternal Darkness.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Demon's Souls, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Blood Omen (nevermind you can play that one on PS3)

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Three games come to mind.

The Outfoxies, a 2D platformer fighter that predates Smash Bros and is exclusive to arcades.

Cosmic Smash, a Dreamcast exclusive game that's like squash tennis meets Breakout and it rules.

Ninja Five-O, some GBA ninja game that has a pretty sweet grappling hook mechanic and will cost you way too much damn money to get a copy of nowadays (all hail the physical past).

In threads like these my answer will always be this.

Xblf1mi.jpg

Never ported or remade, no sequel, no prequel, no Virtual Console release, not even a passing mention on, well... anything. Marina made an appearance on the Japan-only Rakugaki Showtime but I think that's it. It's not even clear who has the rights presently (Squeenix?).

Mischief Makers is so mistreated. How good would a Wii game have been? It was practically made for waggle.

Put Marina in Smash.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Probably Breath of the Wild (which counts because it came out same day on two systems, even if the Wii U version was the lead platform).

But in the spirit of what the thread was intending... It's a little hard because there's just soooooo many virtual console releases on the Wii, but I would probably say F-Zero GX or Super Smash Bros. Melee for me.

TFJ

Aug 9, 2019
Berwick Saga: Lazberia Chronicles Chapter 174

Only released for the Playstation 2 (there was a best hits edition, but still PS2).
Not available in digital form AFAIK.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
GameCube games; the tread.

Mario Sunshine, F-Zero, Melee, Eternal Darkness, Paper Mario, Four Swords Adventures, Jungle Beat, Path of Radiance, and so on and so on.

Maybe none of them on their own are quite "the best", but as a collection stuck on the original console? Unbeatable!

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't say this is the best by any means, but just what I'm personally pulling for the most:

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Borrowed my friend's Wii U once to play it and got like 40 hours in. Absolutely loved it, but I never found time to finish it and now I don't have a Wii U to play it on. Praying for a Switch remaster eventually.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
In threads like these my answer will always be this.

Xblf1mi.jpg

Never ported or remade, no sequel, no prequel, no Virtual Console release, not even a passing mention on, well... anything. Marina made an appearance on the Japan-only Rakugaki Showtime but I think that's it. It's not even clear who has the rights presently (Squeenix?).
wow treasure actually translated that artsyle pretty accurately to later games
i just guessed the game was by them when i saw this and i was right