TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Rush 2049: Special Edition in the arcade.

Sadly, all the console ports never actually included the newly revamped Alcatraz track. They were FANTASTIC games in their own right, but nothing ever saw that track outside of the arcade because they included the original version on all the other games before.

Even the spotty Midway Arcade Treasures 3 collection that has it is just a port of the Dreamcast version.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Humongous question that's too broad to tackle imo.

In terms of SRPGs, it might be the full Shining Force 3 trilogy? I'm not even super confident in that, just because there's a ton of rad PS2 SRPGs that never left the system (while a lot of the PS1 ones did eventually come out as JP PS1 on PS3 Classics).

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Armored Core For Answer
Kid Icarus Uprising
Wonderful 101
Anarchy Reigns
Warhawk

Are the one to come to mind that I greatly enjoy.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no xenogears mention yet? i'm disappointed era
220px-Xenogears_box.jpg

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
It's gotta be either a DS/3DS, Wii/Wii U game.

Was super Mario Galaxy 2 released to play on Wii U?

Other than that there's Super Mario 3D Land, 3D World, a Link Between World's, and more

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo 2 and NO that crap they did in d3 doesn't count. Lalalala

Oh and The Heart of Darkness :) I'd love to be see a remaster of that!

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Secret of Evermore apologist and it bums me out that we'll never see it again

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
In threads like these my answer will always be this.

Xblf1mi.jpg

Never ported or remade, no sequel, no prequel, no Virtual Console release, not even a passing mention on, well... anything. Marina made an appearance on the Japan-only Rakugaki Showtime but I think that's it. It's not even clear who has the rights presently (Squeenix?).

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say best but Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword is stuck on DS. So is Hotel Dusk and Elite Beat Agents (this might be on Wii U VC so I'm not sure about that one).

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
The Darkness (2007)
Still stuck on seventh gen at 720p, even though Starbreeze mentioned in an old gametrailers interview that they have a win32 version ready to go.

@3:22

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of good posts so far.

For me, I'd love to see Brave Fencer Musashi or Clash at Demonhead.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
220px-Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Coverart.png

The game after on PS2/GCN was horrendous, but this is some good shit.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
I'm gonna say GoldenEye Reloaded is more of a second interpretation of the movie than a remake of the N64 game, so I vote GoldenEye 64.

n_than

May 29, 2019
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Two Wii forgotten gems

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Strider

Please for the love of god.. remaster Strider

You could just play the original CPS1 game using an OSSC. Or just play the Genesis/MD version on the Genesis/MD mini or play the original on the HDMI FPGA console whose name escapes me at the moment or a Genesis/MD with an OSSC.

The original game holds up to this day. And Capcom can't remake it properly, Strider 2 didn't have the same magic and the one they outsourced was bleargh.

Speaking of Strider, the game that should be mentioned for this thread is Osman/Cannon Dancer. Since that's basically the real Strider 2 in all but name.

I was going to say RF2 but I already have the AW version.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sunset Riders is a favorite of mine, dunno about best though.

Also shoutouts to a lot of left behind Capcom fighters that I really like, CvS/2, XvsSF, MSHvsSF

Last edited: