• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
b73b10c46fbe3db2e9b410acb4dcd0c5--henry-cavill-photo-shoots.jpg

henry-cavill-boner-on-set-ftr1.jpg

https://i./i/pix/2013/06/17/article-2343309-1A480AC3000005DC-832_634x689.jpg
All photos are him right, he is gonna make a good Witches man

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the lolpattison crowd could be a problem for the success in the box office outside the us, i feel that stigma is stronger in some foreing countries.

Can't really blame them. Twilight is still the biggest thing the guy has been in, his most prolific role and the one everyone knows him best for. It's nice an' all to point out a list of indie movies he's been in since that he's actually good in, but the vast majority of people won't have seen them and will only remember that he was terrible in Twilight.

So yeah it'll be a hard sell but not an impossible one. I doubt most people will care that much anyway. Just means the movie can't really draw in a crowd with its lead actor because nobody that wasn't going to see the movie will do so because Robert Pattinson is in it.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
this about ranks up there with if you someone would've told me years ago that trump would be president. but, hey, no hate against r patt. i am interested to see if he can pull it off.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I think he'll be fine. I would ideally like to see him be more muscular though.

People getting triggered over this is funny

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of people, me included, were "ehhh" on Affleck as Batman until Snyder released that promo shot of him in the suit. He looked like an absolute beast. I mean, look at this, it's crazy good:

ben-affleck-bat-man-superman.jpg

Wait until the promo shots hit the web, I'm sure the same thing will happen here and Patterson will look great in the suit.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really blame them. Twilight is still the biggest thing the guy has been in, his most prolific role and the one everyone knows him best for. It's nice an' all to point out a list of indie movies he's been in since that he's actually good in, but the vast majority of people won't have seen them and will only remember that he was terrible in Twilight.

So yeah it'll be a hard sell but not an impossible one. I doubt most people will care that much anyway. Just means the movie can't really draw in a crowd with its lead actor because nobody that wasn't going to see the movie will do so because Robert Pattinson is in it.
He's going to be the co-lead in a new Nolan action blockbuster before Batman comes out

After that, that'll be what audiences will be familiar with

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela

I mean WW and Aquaman didn't sell based on the lead actors either, and Pattinson is by far the best actor of the three.

Oct 25, 2017
After so many casting decisions fans got upset about (including the huge fracas over Heath Ledger which a lot of nerds pretend didn't happen) that turned about to be nonsense, I will never judge a movie based on its casting decisions upfront again.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope the Batsuit isnt trash just like every other suit besides BvS and Batman.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean WW and Aquaman didn't sell based on the lead actors either, and Pattinson is by far the best actor of the three.

You're kidding, right? Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa are quite popular. Gal Gadot especially made her name in Fast and Furious movies and was well liked in them. Jason Momoa made a huge impression as Khal Drogo too.

Their names definitely carried weight. Dunno why you'd have to insult them to defend Robert Pattinson.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people, me included, were "ehhh" on Affleck as Batman until Snyder released that promo shot of him in the suit. He looked like an absolute beast. I mean, look at this, it's crazy good:

Wait until the promo shots hit the web, I'm sure the same thing will happen here and Patterson will look great in the suit.

Nothing is ever going to top that suit. Is was absolute perfection. I hope they don't go back to the black armor for this one.

Only thing I didn't like about it was it being straight up bullet proof in universe. Love the warehouse scene, other than when he starts taking shots to the head. Fuck that. But, looks-wise... perfection.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
New trilogy
chapter 1: court of owls. Introduce us to Gotham
Chapter 2: ras al ghoul. More of the mystic shit. joker kills robin at the end.
Chapter 3: red hood

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
They wanted a younger Batman so they cast someone who would be 35 by the time the movie comes out?

Okay..
He has the sort of face where they could easily make him look a decade younger, his actual age, or a decade older. If they're planning a trilogy with continuity of time, he's a brilliant fit.
New trilogy
chapter 1: court of owls. Introduce us to Gotham
Chapter 2: ras al ghoul. More of the mystic shit. joker kills robin at the end.
Chapter 3: red hood
I like it. We desperately need to see the Bat family develop on this go around.

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

All I.want is one good movie with this Batfleck. It has/had so much potential, mainly because I like the Batmen comics where he is old and jaded the most.

Bengraven