• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like growing with the Bat cast and having them already established and such diminishes that. And you're right about too many protégés in that amount of time. Let's have Mr. Manhattan get rid of a few like Tim, Barbara, Duke, Jason...

Batman needs a high-budget show on HBO. You'll never have enough movies to go from year one to the whole bat-family being established. You could do that with a series though.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know shit about him besides twilight but I'm not stupid to know he was chosen for a reason and that wasn't it. People in here making jokes probably thought the same about heaths joker at announcement.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
In Batman's formative years? Are we doing Year One again? Hope not. Nolan already did that story.

This is fine. I haven't cared much about DC movies, though. Never bothered with BvS or JL.

Oct 27, 2017
Nicholas Hoult seems like an odd choice to me. I really can't picture him as a suave billionaire or physically intimidating vigilante like Batman.

Anyway, Pattinson is a great choice. He's a solid actor and hopefully this rill move him well away from the shadow of the Toilet films.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The first thing I think of when I think of him playing Batman is " not tall enough" / "needs to bulk" as if camera angles/framing, costumes, boots aren't a thing yup that makes sense. As if Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, and Bale were all towering, hulking specimens ( all 6 ft tall or below, only Bale really had any muscle and it was hardly " hulking" ).

I guess some people really, really got into Affleck's look?

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Definitely an interesting choice. I'm all for taking new direction with Batman and this could be a version we've not seen yet.

Then again, Batman is only as good as his villains are, so the casting for them has to be as equally fun and interesting. Interested to see how close the Director keeps it to the comics or animation films and animations series or take inspiration from Nolan's or Burton's films aesthetically...hopefully plucks the best elements of all and does his own thing but we shall see.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Great news.

And a new trilogy with Matt Reeves sounds amazing since he just came of one off the greatest reboot trilogies of all time with the Planet of The Apes movies.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I think he's going to be an amazing Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Really looking forward to this.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Batman is successful they'll make enough movies lol

No they won't. Either the director moves on or the actor does and then someone new wants to put their own spin on the character and not follow what came before. Neither Reeves nor Pattinson seem to be the types of guys to do more than a trilogy.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see how it turns out. Pattinson is a good actor so I'm sure he'll be great.