Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
I'm quite confident this will be the best Batman live action we will ever see. 100% behind this casting and Reeves competency.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Honestly no idea why people don't like the casting other than "ewwww Twilight"
I just wanna join the excited crowd and say that I haven't been this excited for a DC film since, well, after The Dark Knight. Batman Begins is my favorite Batman film of all time, and I love the Reeves Apes films. I think this has potential to actually top Nolan's take on Batman.

I want them to do court of owls
I'd love if they adapt that too.

thank god they chose correctly if the other option was nicholas hoult
Hoult wouldn't be a great Batman just like Loki wouldn't be a great Thor.

8-keGyw5BmEXI9jWacbFYIS0ZfbYYoSsz8WuwOmEaqjvVeCM1c8XlEt2ID8WF3JkunUpSzjwlGLRV1kgUwYfSQzEKKVdiW1aQbi5aiKDJRa8vIscpBoA9aRdDC4vv7093seiYw=w512-h287-nc

As Riddler or maybe even Joker tho? Now we are talking and I could see it.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Batman has had weird casting choices in the past that have worked out, so I've got zero problems with giving him a chance. I'm just glad more dedicated Batman films are finally on the way.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
The problem was Snyder, not the concept of an older (I wouldn't say 'old') Batman. There's so much more you can do with him when he, the bat-family and the villains are already established. And DC keeping him in his 30s is ridiculous if you think about it, it makes no sense that he has had so many proteges in that time.

I don't know about that. Bond films have issues when the actor playing him gets older . I don't think it's unfair to suggest that Batman has the same problem when he is reaching his 50s

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I wish Affleck got to write and direct his bat flicks. He could've been a good old batman and it sucks WB will probably never again have someone playing an older batman that has been doing his thing for like 20 years.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
As much as I like the idea of him being Terry for Batman Beyond, I think he can play a good Bruce Wayne and batman.

Pattinson has a good track record and I think he can play the billionaire playboy quite well. I'm intrigued as to where they start this trilogy. I think Reeves mentioned a young detective Batman but not necessarily an origin story. I hope that's still the case. I also wonder as to whom the intro villain might be. We've seen the Joker a ton now, but villains like Too Face, Clayface, Riddler, Dr. Freeze, court of owls haven't really been made as focuses of the motion picture movies.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, i'm glad. He's a good actor, and i think he can pull of the physicality of Batman.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Hoping we get something weird and grounded like calendar man, or twisted horror like clayface and Solomon Grundy.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
At this point i have very little faith in anything DC does, so this really doesn't move my needle in any direction, the only acting I've seen of him was in that Harry Potter movie, he was fine in it i guess

Very confident of them to announce a full blown trilogy

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
I like him, I just dont think I can care about any Batman series much after the Dark Knight trilogy. It's hard to match or top elite.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I'm really not that familiar with Pattinson even from Twilight but I'm looking forward to catching up on his more recent stuff. Are they planning to film a trilogy back to back?

Apparently Ray Fisher and Ezra Miller contract options expired today so it's a case of one in two out for The DCEU.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I dont get the complaint.. He have acting chop.. and he already look like the Batman from some of popular design.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Before I see the first trailer I basically have no opinion about this.
Pattinson is an actor and if the role demands physical fitness and intimidating presence, then he will train that up and act it out.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I'm a big fan of Reeves and I trust the people that say Pattinson is a good choice. I don't need this to be in the DCEU, but it seems like a good place to start doesn't it?

Aine

May 27, 2019
I'm sure Robert will do fine. The fan whining is going to get insufferable, though.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
nice. warner is really good at casting batman. i don't think they've had a miscast yet.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think the lolpattison crowd could be a problem for the success in the box office outside the us, i feel that stigma is stronger in some foreing countries.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think the lolpattison crowd could be a problem for the success in the box office outside the us, i feel that stigma is stronger in some foreing countries.

I'd say wait till we get an actual trailer as that will be most people's first awareness of this project and Pattinson's involvement.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent. I love seeing how salty people are about him because of Twilight. He's a really talented actor.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see why Batman needs to be bulky. I'd actually prefer a sleek agile looking Bats versus the hulking gun wielding Batfleck bullshit.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
People do realize it's not 2008, right? Pattinson is one of the best actors working today and has an impressive filmography coming into this. Few actors don't have duds on their resume, sometimes you have to put aside being an artist for a pay day.

As far as his physique, I'd gladly take a Batman in the vein of Terry McGinnis — lean and quick, opposed to the ridiculous muscle- suited Batfleck.

The penguin being one of the main villains is what elicits an eye roll from me.