• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Reeeeally wasn't feeling this trailer at all. Only interested because of the legacy of the first game.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer didn't really excite me, but I haven't been following the game closely. If it's going full immersive sim (as it should, considering what it's a sequel to), I'll be into it though.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Was hoping for a release date, but the coronavirus has probably brought a lot of uncertainty to the studio, so it's understandable.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Holy fuck that looks good.
I couldn't stop laughing at the faces at the start :'D

So excited for this.

I know apples and oranges but this looks way better than vampyr.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
The first Bloodlines-game is (still) brilliant, can`t wait to play this. That trailer sucked though.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Now THAT'S a fuckin trailer. I'm hooked (hehe)... first showing didn't have that Masquerade charm. This was drippin with it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The dude posing with dead bodies and manipulating them around a Christmas tree was creepy as fuck. Has a game ever went that far?
latest

So this dude murders people, freezes time around them as they're dying, and takes photos.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
The dude posing with dead bodies and manipulating them around a Christmas tree was creepy as fuck. Has a game ever went that far?
Far? You have games with extreme dismemberment, heads on spikes and statues built of limbs.

This is pretty tame.

So this dude murders people, freezes time around them as they're dying, and takes photos.
Sometimes makes a small timeloop of the moments of their deaths to..

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
looks a bit janky but the quality of this game can hardly be shown in trailers so it doesn't matter. day 1 for me anyway.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Personally wasn't fond of the trailer. I think the fact Wolfenstein Colossus whatever already used this song in their trailer probably puts a damper on it for me.

Oct 27, 2017
man those "happy music but dark imagery" trailers are so overplayed.
also the trailer felt too much like it was trying to be fallout or outer worlds or something. i don't know like "look guys we're vampires and we do dark stuff but we're also kinda wacky lol"

bloodlines had a completly different tone

The original was using Source 2?! Man...it looked rough.

edit: Source 1. Forgot HL2 uses Source

Last edited:

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not watching the trailer because I don't care if the game visually looks bad, good, solid, or janky.

I really only care about the quality of writing and other stuff that isn't obvious from trailers. For me, the game will live or die by that.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Completely unrelated to the game, but the song in the trailer, why is she singing "danke shane" and not "danke schön"? Is it a dialect (or maybe austrian)? Honestly wondering.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol wut. Of course. Have you played Ground Zeroes? Do you now what happened with Paz?

It was a very early source game,yup!
Source, it released in 2004
I forget HL2 didn't use Source 2 just because it had a 2 in the name. Even still, compared to that it was rough

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
For reference, the trailer from last year:

They've made some really nice improvements. Like, the city itself has always looked gorgeous. But they've made nice some improvements to character models.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing uproariously at the idea that one of the kindred doing something random and pointlessly cruel is somehow out of step with this franchise.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying the humanity of the victims and the serial killer prancing around his displayed victims was different than something like God of War. I think the trailer accomplished what it was going for.

edit: I have never played the first Vampire game.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
This looks to be my type of game. Until a release date is announced I can't like the hype get to me. Will play through the first one again when it gets closer.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looked cool. I'm very picky about FPS games and this did a better job pulling me in than Scorn.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
The animation in what looked to be the pre-rendered scenes looked quite bad
The jank is real.

I also wonder if this is the reason why Hardsuit labs posted a few days ago an open position for a senior animator. I also wonder if this trailer was made before mocap was implemented (which they announced fairly recently, IIRC).

I'm laughing uproariously at the idea that one of the kindred doing something random and pointlessly cruel is somehow out of step with this franchise.
*chortles in Sabbat*

Fucking Malks, this shit is Masquerade breaking.

BTW, Do we know yet if this is 5e lore?
V5 and in canon with all the garbo that comes with it, but I've already made peace with it. I'm not mad about Giovanni being fucked over and folded into Hecata. Not at all.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Very unhyped for this game. Out of the all the ways you could hype vampire gameplay and the dialogue that the original was known for, you decide to show... alleyway brawls? Meh? The animations are definitely budget (and that's totally ok), but maybe focus on your strengths in your trailers. It's probably because the trailer is for mass market consumption, but I guess none of the media for this game has sold me on the original VtM:B tenets.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Unbelievably hyped for the game but I don't like the mood of the trailer's music. One thing that has me deeply concerned is the music direction in every trailer I've seen. When I think of what Bloodlines is, I want something dark and murky. I want whatever the 2020 version of "Isolated" by Chiasm is. And if you can't find something that works as well, just do remixes of the OG soundtrack.

One of the pillars that makes VTM:B such a cult classic is the atmosphere and so far everything they have shown doesn't give me the confidence that they are aiming for the same sinister atmosphere (with music). I hope that I am wrong and I'm pleasantly surprised at the final product.