• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Rand Paul a selfish asshole? Well I never would have imagined!

I like how the tweet stressed his staff was safe since they are remote and then he proceeded to hang out with all the other senators in his caucus.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

Manchin from Senate floor: "The proposal Leader McConnell from Republicans side has put forth is totally worried about Wall Street. I'm worried about the people in little rural WV & all over main street. That's the people we're worried about. Wall Street's going to do just fine."

Manchin: "If we had to vote today at this time, I would have vote No, not to proceed. We'll stay here all night long. They're worried about what happens to the markets in the morning. We'll work around the clock. I can stay here until 7 or 8 o'clock in the morning."​

3:32 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Manchin from Senate floor: "The proposal Leader McConnell from Republicans side has put forth is totally worried about Wall Street. I'm worried about the people in little rural WV & all over main street. That's the people we're worried about. Wall Street's going to do just fine."

Manchin: "If we had to vote today at this time, I would have vote No, not to proceed. We'll stay here all night long. They're worried about what happens to the markets in the morning. We'll work around the clock. I can stay here until 7 or 8 o'clock in the morning."

Manchin drives me nuts 90% of the time but this is the kind of guy he is the 10% of the time that I love him.

Oct 25, 2017
So disgusting. They don't give a damn about he people out of work or the people on severely reduced hours.

Their hatred of poor people is outstripping their love for the economy (because they really should see the necessity of helping people pay their bills and buy goods to keep this economy moving and to keep the recession from becoming a depression).

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
It's really nuts that when these cities started going on lock down and businesses went work from home that the senate and congress didn't find a way to do work from home as well. Like what the fuck did they think would happen?

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Manchin: "If we had to vote today at this time, I would have vote No, not to proceed. We'll stay here all night long. They're worried about what happens to the markets in the morning. We'll work around the clock. I can stay here until 7 or 8 o'clock in the morning."

Can we get a live check-in on Sue's status? /s

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Now the Dems have leverage to pass a deal quickly because a lot of GOP senators are going to have to go into isolation after this.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

DeRacist STILL hasn't closed beaches statewide.

ESr0xfDUEAAsB4K

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017

Righteous.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

Let's just run Manchin and win every state

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Made another 25 masks for the hospital. Don't think I can do anymore. I can barely feel my fingers.
I feel like a real Rosie the Riveter....except in a cuter outfit and with better hair.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure a collapsing employment rate will hurt Trump (in time). Especially not if it recovers before the election. Will it matter either way, though? Biden seems to be well positioned. I'd rather not rely on fluctuating factors, if I don't have to.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Can the vote even happen with multiple gop senators either having coronavirus or having to self quarantine?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure a collapsing employment rate will hurt Trump (in time). Especially not if it recovers before the election. Will it matter either way, though? Biden seems to be well positioned. I'd rather not rely on fluctuating factors, if I don't have to.
The economy is not going to bounce back. I walk around and see restaurants that have been shut and will close. All those people will be unemployed. We blew our chance to contain this.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I appreciate your always looking on the bright side.

Sorry--not trying to be negative. I just don't think our current economy can handle 30% unemployment. The number of bankruptcies would be outrageously high, and I don't trust corporations to not just pocket any stimulus money just like they did with the tax breaks.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

LOL Democrats about to get the majority.
I'm not sure a collapsing employment rate will hurt Trump (in time)
...You don't think double-digit unemployment and a recession will hurt an unpopular incumbent.
This was one of the inherent dangers of transitioning the US economy into a service based economy. Yet another gift from W. Bush.
The transition to a service economy happened long before W. Bush. It happens as economies grow and advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.