• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
So they ended up right where they started only worse. It's not like I had any hope they would do the right thing or anything so no expectations where dashed here. GOP is gonna get another nasty reality check soon after signing this.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

NEWS — RAND PAUL has coronavirus https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1241780756617273345 …

1:39 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Senator Rand Paul @RandPaul

Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.

He expects to be back in the Senate after his quarantine period ends and will continue to work for the people of Kentucky at this difficult time. Ten days ago, our D.C. office began operating remotely, hence virtually no staff has had contact with Senator Rand Paul.​

1:36 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
You can pretty much guarantee that they are going to try to find ways to funnel money into Trump properties, that is a 100% certainty. They have been brazen enough to do it up to this point so no reason to stop now.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tom Wolf is low-key handling this as well as anyone on the east coast, the difference is he isn't overly dramatic.

"You ding dongs didn't listen and now, I'm sorry, all the stores have to close"
Wolf's response is why my business is letting us work from home, finally. Meanwhile, the main plant in Illinois is still open. 800+ people in a big factory. GG.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
If Schumer cuts Pelosi's legs off again, I swear to god...

NEWS — RAND PAUL has coronavirus https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1241780756617273345 …

Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.

He expects to be back in the Senate after his quarantine period ends and will continue to work for the people of Kentucky at this difficult time. Ten days ago, our D.C. office began operating remotely, hence virtually no staff has had contact with Senator Rand Paul.

At least whatever bill we get won't be delayed, I guess.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

If you are wondering what Republicans are thinking, here it is, from sources on the Hill:

McConnell did not amend the Phase Two bill written by the House, and made clear he was going to be driving Phase Three. He wrote a bill and invited Dems to negotiate. …

That bill was the basis for the negotiations which were, by all accounts, quite fruitful.

Now, he's trying to move ahead with it, which, in his mind, will work because neither side wants to be responsible for this not working.

This is what they think.​

1:30 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Brian Schatz @brianschatz

This makes no legislative, economic, moral, or political sense.​

1:35 PM - Mar 22, 2020

DO NOT VOTE YES ON THIS BILL.

>

rBQpTR4.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Sure is weird how Paul can get tested while he's asymptomatic yet he rallies against government intervention for those in need

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I'm not surprised Rand is the first Senator to come down with it.

Also, how bad was the bill if this is the negotiated version? Save us, Pelosi.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

He expects to be back in the Senate after his quarantine period ends and will continue to work for the people of Kentucky at this difficult time. Ten days ago, our D.C. office began operating remotely, hence virtually no staff has had contact with Senator Rand Paul.

God has a sense of irony

Oct 25, 2017

2nd tweet is BS, I doubt anyone willingly has contact with Rand Paul. His office regularly avoids him

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
+104 cases in Ohio, still 3 deaths, which is good. I wish the department of health website would start showing the amount of recoveries, if any.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Local hospital sent out a request for anyone who could sew to consider donating homemade reusable masks for nurses and patients (to keep.) My one son and I spent the entire morning and afternoon making them. (He'd run the Cricut and I did the sewing). There is no excuse for this. This is shit the government should be capable of handling. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Local hospital sent out a request for anyone who could sew to consider donating homemade reusable masks for nurses and patients (to keep.) My one son and I spent the entire morning and afternoon making them. (He'd run the Cricut and I did the sewing). There is no excuse for this. This is shit the government should be capable of handling. This is absolutely ridiculous.
How many did you make? And yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Another problem with this bill is that its too short sighted. If this does last 4 more months, or even longer, they are going to have to do this all over again.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is there still no remote voting? How could both sides not want this? Lol
I remember Schiff talking on MSNBC a bit about this like a week ago or something.

From what I remember he said something to the effect of like voting is one thing, but another huge component of legislation isn't just the final vote but all the negotiations and deal making and politicking and the like that goes into creating that legislation in the first place and when you're talking about a group if like 435 people in the House alone + 100 senators + relevant aides and the like for those people + other relevant people to negotiations, such as the White House... Like, coming your for a solution for voting remotely would be one thing, but even with modern teleconferencing software and the like, coming up with a solution that would allow negotiations to happen between that many people at once that even approaches the effectiveness of meeting in person is another matter entirely. And if all the politicking and negotiations are still happening in person, it really doesn't matter at that point if the vote itself is or isn't.

Something like that, anyway.

Of course, he did end off his answer with the whole situation is developing rapidly and also said who knows, what's thought to be impossible now might not be impossible later depending on how this situation develops, but he definitely did stress the House was not currently keen on the idea for at least the time being fir those kinda reasons, namely the importance of in-person and face-to-face negotiations.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Warren needs to tell people the bill is toxic and Schumer needs to walk away. The GOP are treating this as "their turn", that cannot be how it works.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

My wife has been doing the exact same thing all morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.