• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
>

Marc Caputo @MarcACaputo

"You're a damn liar" Biden tells a New Hampton Iowan at a town hall who said Biden "sent" his son to work in Ukraine at Burisma.

Biden then angrily told him to get his facts right and, because the man said he was too old, challenged him to a push-up contest or an IQ test

12:48 PM - Dec 5, 2019

Matt Viser @mviser

The Iowan also challenges Biden over his age.

"I'm not sedentary," Biden says, growing agitated. "You want to check my shape man, let's do pushups together here, man. Let's run. Let's do whatever you want to do. Let's take an IQ test. Ok?"

Not the first time this happened. In 1987, Biden challenged a New Hampshire voter asking a contentious question.

"I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do, I suspect...I'd be delighted to sit down and compare my IQ to yours."https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=D1j0FS0Z6ho&feature=emb_logo …

1:03 PM - Dec 5, 2019

Really incredible how Biden's hair grew back over the decades.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's defense is going to play well with the right kind of people that we need to peel away to win, tbh.

I don't respect the whole RAWR I'M ANGRY LET'S PUSH UP BRAH but I won't deny that it's probably effective.

Agreed but I can't help think how Clinton was due this rage given the shit she got and she was never allowed to use it or show it :(

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Graham already block this?
yeah, but at least according to this article Graham said he would only do it once
  • Graham told Axios at the time that he was trying to "salvage the relationship" between the U.S. and Turkey, which has been under considerable strain in the wake of Turkey's military invasion of northern Syria.
  • He added: "I'm not going to object next time."

then I guess Trump got Perdue to do it, and now Cramer (who Trump just paid off)

not sure what the point of this charade is. Tag-team holds are usually used to maintain anonymity but these guys are all open about it

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I can't seem to find regarding Clinton's impeachment: why did he testify? Had he not, he wouldn't have purger'd himself. If he was forced to testify, why can't Trump?

I was a child when this went down so I was unaware of how this worked..

Edit: he was subpoenaed by the special counsel. This only makes me realize what a farce Mueller was.

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, but at least according to this article Graham said he would only do it once

then I guess Trump got Perdue to do it, and now Cramer (who Trump just paid off)

not sure what the point of this charade is. Tag-team holds are usually used to maintain anonymity but these guys are all open about it

It's so fucking predictable at this point.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Welp we're about to see if Roberts believes in the constitution regarding trumps financial records

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I can't seem to find regarding Clinton's impeachment: why did he testify? Had he not, he wouldn't have purger'd himself. If he was forced to testify, why can't Trump?

I was a child when this went down so I was unaware of how this worked..

because Republicans won't hold him accountable

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
because Republicans won't hold him accountable
We're in the exact opposite situation now though. Dem house, Republican Senate. I want to know how he ended up asking questions about an affair under oath and why we can't get Trump to answer questions under oath now.

Democrats has a much more valid reason to let Clinton off the hook back then.It should never have gotten to that point, I mean, ultimately an affair is between the 3 people involved. It has no bearing on anyone else.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Politico piece going into the origins of the M4A cosponsor stuff and oh lord it's a comedy of errors. https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/05/medicare-for-all-2020-democratic-primary-075034

Harris impulsively jumping on led to others following her lead, and then it blew up on them. Sherrod Brown being an experienced Midwest politician noping out of it is also pretty indicative of where things ended up.

Kamala Harris was hosting a town hall in her hometown of Oakland, Calif., two years ago when she made an announcement that set off a mad scramble in the U.S. Senate.

"Here, I'll break some news," Harris told hundreds of people packed into the sanctuary at Beebe Memorial Church on Aug. 30. "I intend to co-sponsor the 'Medicaid for All' bill because it's just the right thing to do," she said, flubbing the name of the proposal.

"Somebody should tell my staff," Harris, who had joined the Senate eight months earlier and was already generating buzz as a potential 2020 candidate, laughed as soon as she said it.

Harris' pronouncement that day that she was endorsing Bernie Sanders' left-wing prescription for fixing the nation's health care system would turn out to be one of the most consequential moments of the 2020 presidential primary. A week after the town hall, Sen. Elizabeth Warren announced her support for Sanders' bill. A few days after that, Sen. Jeff Merkley joined in. The next day, Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand, Al Franken and Cory Booker got on board.

By Sept. 13 — just two weeks after Harris' town hall — all of them, along with several other senators and progressive activists, surrounded Sanders at a Capitol Hill news conference and talked about how "proud" they were to co-sponsor his legislation to upend the health care industry.

"Kamala's decision started a stampede," said a 2020 campaign operative familiar with the talks to enlist support for the bill in 2017.

But what seemed like a bold stroke for the senators at the time would come back to haunt many of them. Warren has spent months tied up on single-payer, sliding in polls as she's struggled to explain her stance. Harris equivocated after her initial declaration, reinforcing nagging questions about her core beliefs. She dropped out of the race on Tuesday. The only person who hasn't budged is Sanders himself.
Sanders' office hadn't even completed the full legislative text of his Medicare for All bill when Harris' announcement began ricocheting across Capitol Hill. A group of health policy aides from several Senate offices had been meeting for weeks over the summer, but it was still unclear whether a consensus could be reached.

There were some misgivings. Aides to Sen. Sherrod Brown, another potential presidential candidate, surprised other offices when they withdrew from the meetings after concluding that Medicare for All could be politically toxic. Others involved the discussions believed Sanders' team, which initially insisted on a rapid, one-year transition to single-payer, would ultimately be too obstinate to attract support from other senators. His 2013 single-payer bill had no co-sponsors.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Sherrod Brown would have ideally run if he wasn't representing fucking Ohio. If Brown isn't signing on to your M4A legislation he knows it is not going to fly in the rust-belt.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Biden calling that man a liar is stupid not because Biden should put up with that bullshit but because calling him a lair implies that the man actually knows better and is lying when he most likely doesn't know any better because that what all his news sources are telling him to believe.

A better reaction would be to tell him he's been lied to and made a fool of.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm gonna laugh heartily after the IG and the Durham report both land like wet farts.

I don't see how this will be "devastating" to Hannity or Ingram. It's the same fake shit they've pushed their whole careers. It'll be as devastating as the 9 or so house Bangahzi investigations that turned up no wrong doing over and over.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden/Warrren as a ticket (if you end up with someone needing to push him over the top, and well, the other two aren't good VP options) would be hilarious given how much they hate each other.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

This is shit is so fucking transparent it's ludicrous. Now isn't "the right time" to recognize the Armenian Genocide? It happened over a hundred years ago, when the fuck is it going to be the right time?

I cannot understand any kind of opposition to a bill like this because it's the most low-effort possible thing. It's simply calling a genocide a genocide. No one's proposing sanctions on Turkey or advocating to harangue Erdogan personally about it. This is the bare minimum amount of effort and even that's a bridge too far for these fucks.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Politico piece going into the origins of the M4A cosponsor stuff and oh lord it's a comedy of errors. https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/05/medicare-for-all-2020-democratic-primary-075034

Harris impulsively jumping on led to others following her lead, and then it blew up on them. Sherrod Brown being an experienced Midwest politician noping out of it is also pretty indicative of where things ended up.
Single payer healthcare did seem like a big deal from her when her stance on student loan forgiveness was properly neoliberal.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Biden starting to get cocky and acting like he got this nomination wrapped up with the way he is speaking.

Side topic:

I think the M4A pivots largely have to do with that many people who originally signed on to it didn't realize that it abolished private insurance. Many people understand M4A as... well medicare for all... not medicare for all and also abolish the private insurances. That's pretty much the Buttiegeg pivot too, when he was asked about M4A that's probably what he thought in his head.

Warren explaining the plans in detail on debate made people realize slowly that M4A abolishes their current private insurance. I honestly feel like even now if you ask people now what M4A means they won't say that it's a single payer system that abolishes private insurance.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Single payer healthcare did seem like a big deal from her when her stance on student loan forgiveness was properly neoliberal.
It wasn't even a student loan forgiveness proposal. It just ended up being a lot of people upset that they couldn't access a targeted benefit that wasn't aimed at them, which is a microcosm of the issues you face with programs targeting minority areas. The intent was obvious there (encourage small businesses in minority neighborhoods, provide a cash benefit that's inaccessible to large/existing investors) but people reacted like "how come I'M not getting that money."

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Biden attacking a shit conspiracy theory the way he should
I mean the comment about him "beating Trump up" as well as his usual "I am going to beat Trump like a drum."

It also ties in to the time he told that guy to vote for Trump. You don't really say that unless you are confident you are going to win anyway.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the video, it seems that Biden was about to call him a "fatass" or something lol. You just hear "look fat-" then he goes off.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden starting to get cocky and acting like he got this nomination wrapped up with the way he is speaking.
Side topic:

I think the M4A pivots largely have to do with that many people who originally signed on to it didn't realize that it abolished private insurance. Many people understand M4A as... well medicare for all... not medicare for all and also abolish the private insurances. That's pretty much the Buttiegeg pivot too, when he was asked about M4A that's probably what he thought in his head.

Warren explaining the plans in detail on debate made people realize slowly that M4A abolishes their current private insurance. I honestly feel like even now if you ask people now what M4A means they won't say that it's a single payer system that abolishes private insurance.
M4A is a good slogan. That's really about all there is to that.

Oct 30, 2017
That I can see happening. Trump knows he's guilty and he knows he's a moron, he'd be way too scared to face someone like Schiff or Harris.
Well, if the WH leaks and Trump's bluster are accurate, he actually wants to testify under oath. I'm sure that would work out well. Can additarticles of Impeachment be added once this goes to the Senate? I'm sure perjury will need to be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.