Runner

Nov 1, 2017
wzD1frn.png
n4NffIr.png
i never noticed before but WOW that generic difference cloud photoshop filter texture on the cork box

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Figured out how uncorrupt the image/render files and have been trying my hand at gigapixeling for the first time! These renders are very tiny so I couldn't enlarge/enhance them by too much but I think they turned out ok. I'm assuming these were used in the manual? Otherwise I don't really recognize some of them.

3FMrnC0.png
EznMflK.png

3lRM8OS.png
84ybXhj.png

zVylAmR.png
cQgh569.png

EOuYMpl.png
7RHL9Lm.png

wf126pb.png
jiZwcAE.png

ojQH2qA.png
59DeICf.png

wzD1frn.png
n4NffIr.png

RqadgMU.png
Td315ij.png

k00VBqE.png
D7Mqvpf.png
A lot of these were in the official strategy guide as well!

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd give my right arm to see some Diamond and Pearl stuff from before the delay. Given how rough a state it was in six months before launch, the mind boggles to think how different a pre-delay version would have been- it's conceivable that there's basically a whole other scrapped game in there.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'd give my right arm to see some Diamond and Pearl stuff from before the delay. Given how rough a state it was in six months before launch, the mind boggles to think how different a pre-delay version would have been- it's conceivable that there's basically a whole other scrapped game in there.

Huh, where was it confirmed Diamond/Pearl was delayed?

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Corocoro in 2005, don't have the page on me at the moment. I believe IGN also reported on it.
Ultimately I don't think it was too different other than maybe some progression changes (it seems the Battle Island was a later addition, too). Most of the changes were probably on paper more than in any build that was ever made.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
The nook store at night?

Yes.

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Dōbutsu no Mori e+

Dōbutsu no Mori e+ (どうぶつの森e+[1]), often called Animal Forest e+ by English-speaking fans, is a Japan exclusive update of the GameCube port. When Nintendo decided to port Animal Forest+ to the GameCube, the American version, Animal Crossing, had much more content than the Japanese version...

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

Yes.

Dōbutsu no Mori e+

Dōbutsu no Mori e+ (どうぶつの森e+[1]), often called Animal Forest e+ by English-speaking fans, is a Japan exclusive update of the GameCube port. When Nintendo decided to port Animal Forest+ to the GameCube, the American version, Animal Crossing, had much more content than the Japanese version...
Yup, you were able to bang a shovel on Nook's door multiple times at night to go in and buy stuff (marked up, with a limited selection)

Ah yea now I totally remember watching a video about the differences Animal Forest+ had. :P

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They were announced in October 2004 for a 2005 release (https://www.serebii.net/archive/October-2004.shtml), before being officially pushed back to 2006 in July 2005 (https://www.serebii.net/archive/July-2005.shtml).

It had all sorts of knock-on effects for the wider franchise- most notably, it was why the anime had a year-long Battle Frontier filler saga, and is why they revealed the first Diamond and Pearl Pokémon (Munchlax) in May 2004, nearly two and a half years before the game came out.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
They were announced in October 2004 for a 2005 release (https://www.serebii.net/archive/October-2004.shtml), before being officially pushed back to 2006 in July 2005 (https://www.serebii.net/archive/July-2005.shtml).

It had all sorts of knock-on effects for the wider franchise- most notably, it was why the anime had a year-long Battle Frontier filler saga, and is why they revealed the first Diamond and Pearl Pokémon (Munchlax) in May 2004, nearly two and a half years before the game came out.
Corocoro in 2005, don't have the page on me at the moment. I believe IGN also reported on it.
Ultimately I don't think it was too different other than maybe some progression changes (it seems the Battle Island was a later addition, too). Most of the changes were probably on paper more than in any build that was ever made.

Ah, neat. Crazy that even with the year delay it still came out feeling sluggish and missing content. They needed one more go around to make Platinum, which ended up being one of the franchise's all-time great games, so... third time's the charm?

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan

Ah yea now I totally remember watching a video about the differences Animal Forest+ had. :P

Never in my life did I ever think I would see thar dungeon. Amazing. I feel almost like when I first saw it.

I really want to see that strange sky level from Zelda that was only ever shown for a few frames of animation.
It can be seen at the end of this video, and only here. I've never seen more of this clip.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Fuck yeah with all the OoT videos.

It's so interesting to see how they made Ganon's Tower. It's basic textures but the construction of the spiraling tower, and the tension leading up to the finale. I can totally hear someone in the team going "we need those textures, it has to look like this, based on the level."

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Love seeing all the Zelda discoveries. Child-me would've absolutely lost their mind.
I spent so much time reading about beta Zelda stuff and "Ura Zelda" in my early internet days.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, neat. Crazy that even with the year delay it still came out feeling sluggish and missing content. They needed one more go around to make Platinum, which ended up being one of the franchise's all-time great games, so... third time's the charm?
Yeah, it's crazy. However both Platinum (DP_NEXT) and GS remakes were already planned during DP development, as they reserved some IDs for them.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting download quota exceeded for one of the google drive links rather than it being gone or whatever. The gigaleak readme doc seems to be gone from google drive though for me...
The GDrive files were reuploads by Discord users, they change constantly.

Also to bypass the GDrive limit:

Google Drive limit bypass & copy Tool

GDBypass is an online free tool help you manage, download and copy files anonymously without limits!.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
Not necessarily. The most recent leak are all iQue games but the SNES ones aren't. From what I understand the iQue had only 14 N64 games and no SNES titles (from what I know. I could be wrong)

I know -- I'm saying we got deeply private SNES files but only just some comparatively surface-level iQue stuff when it came to N64. If there was more important N64 files, similar to the SNES ones, then you'd think those would have been included, but they weren't. This is why there's only really been a few scraps to dig through when it comes to Ocarina, when there should have been way more.

And Gamecube discs held, what, 1.5gb? If there are Gamecube games in here, and we get the full source, one game could be 20-50gb of data, or more. That claim of "2 terabytes" could get eaten up pretty quickly by only a small number of games, especially if we start getting in to Wii and Wii U.

Plus, how do you distribute that? The original 4chan links were HTTP files on a server somewhere. Even a 10gb zip file containing one game is going to max out whatever hamster wheel personal server it's being stored on. If torrents were on the table, they would've already been used to distribute the previous leaks.

I'm skeptical about future releases, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Someone mentioned on of the folders containing advertising materials/commercials - can anyone PM me a link to that folder?

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, you're reminding me how Gen 4 felt like the most hyped up generation ever at the time. I guess the dripfeed of new pokemon explains that.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Remember when Bonsly of all things was hype

8BkXhBjHJAok5jzssFDs5KX9pi5DFnrl82jDoPLE58EoVwDB0d84cO4Cq8LMZivL7sw_IDhqHwprlH8codvdWGef3rHvoiELRldB03lK1tnh4o1d7SCnhajY6CP-dTcBB0bSq9lJ

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond & Pearl wasn't present on iQue, right? So the beta stuff is coming from a different source?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Yes.

Dōbutsu no Mori e+

But aren't these leaks from the N64 version?

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Random aside, but virtually all N64-era prerelease material getting constantly referred to as "beta" stuff will never not be weird to me. Beta versions/beta testing is a specific part of development, and for the most part, it seems most other games (at least outside of this thread, in here everything's getting called beta) with publicly known development material just gets called development/prototype/prerelease versions, which is more general/correct. It reads especially weird when people start putting "the" in front of it (i.e. the Ocarina of Time beta), as it carries the implication that there's some build out there that has all known prerelease stuff, and is a somewhat complete game - both of which are likely to be false.

Is it just a generational thing, from people who grew up pouring over N64 development shots? I know OoT "Beta" has been a term thrown around for decades, and that most of you saying beta in here have a decent grasp on how game development actually works; it just strikes me as odd that I see that term a disproportionate number of times for N64 stuff.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Random aside, but virtually all N64-era prerelease material getting constantly referred to as "beta" stuff will never not be weird to me. Beta versions/beta testing is a specific part of development, and for the most part, it seems most other games (at least outside of this thread, in here everything's getting called beta) with publicly known development material just gets called development/prototype/prerelease versions, which is more general/correct. It reads especially weird when people start putting "the" in front of it (i.e. the Ocarina of Time beta), as it carries the implication that there's some build out there that has all known prerelease stuff, and is a somewhat complete game - both of which are likely to be false.

Is it just a generational thing, from people who grew up pouring over N64 development shots? I know OoT "Beta" has been a term thrown around for decades, and that most of you saying beta in here have a decent grasp on how game development actually works; it just strikes me as odd that I see that term a disproportionate number of times for N64 stuff.
Yeah over the years it just became a shorthand to refer to the pre-release screenshots and videos assets.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely seeing some Ganon's Tower here. The room with a door on a balcony is reminiscent of a silver rupee room in Shadow Temple.

That's because it is, the game originally was going to be set entirely inside of Ganon's Castle and Link would travel around Super Mario 64 style. Some of the textures you see are actually in the final build of the game, used in Ganon's Castle. I grabbed a screen off of YouTube where you can see the room with the textures as used in the final game:

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Most of these areas in OOT that the prerelease screenshots had were all test areas likely and not a whole completely different game that is interconnected, that just happened to be scrapped.

These were taken years before the project was complete and much of the game was barely functional at that phase of the development. Don't except anything close to a cut and fully playable dungeon to get leaked. Similarly the town is likely not this huge thing that has a ton of things to find. Just a mostly empty and static test area.

Yeah i agree with someone here who said that it is likely just a vision and a end goal of what they wanted the final game to resemble years down the line.