• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
God of War and Spider-Man both had cuts akin to that not too long after their launch and they are the number 1 and 2 fastest selling exclusives all time for Sony.

I think Sony just doesn't mind dropping the price for their games after a little while. As such, I don't think price drops are a good indicator of performance for Sony titles.
Yeah and it's going to have dlc and a complete edition down the road.

Raylan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony 1st party in UK:
Uncharted 4 (5 days tracking) : 192k
Spider-Man (2 days tracking) : 190k
Uncharted 3 (5 days tracking) : 116k
Horizon (4 days tracking) : 114k
God of War (2 days tracking) : 96k
Uncharted 2 (2 days tracking) : 84k
Uncharted TLL (4 days tracking) : 80k
GT Sports (4 days tracking) : 74k
Days Gone (2 days tracking): ~70k
inFamous SS (2 days tracking) : ~70k
Detroit (2 days tracking) : ~ 22k

Fantastic start for Sony's brandnew IP. On it's way to 5 million ww. Congrats to Bend Studio. One of Sony's smallest studios a few years ago and now look at them. I'm glad this game is doing so well.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
What a start.

I'm delighted for Bend Studio and their new IP. Having fun with it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I don't know why you quoted my post. My point is i will always root for new IP. No one wants to see studios fail and/or closed because of a failed attempt at a new idea.
IMO sometimes this place is unforgiving when it comes to new games. I wish people would be more optimistic when it comes to new IP. This is stuff we all love doing in our spare time so why not wish and hope for the best possible experience for us.

I mean you pretty much said "screw the haters." I find it really difficult to see it in any other light tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
Did we ever get proof of this supposed zombie fatigue? Like a game, tv show fail etc.
I don't believe we did.

I have a feeling it is people who don't like zombies to begin with who are having this "fatigue". I can understand feeling it back when zombies were everywhere in the PS360 era but this generation where there is barely any zombie games? It is not believable.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game was always going to sell well to fans if exclusive first party quality. The test is if it keeps hold next week, or drops off a cliff

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I did read those threads and have seen most of the posts you're referring to so this is clearly a difference of interpretation in my eyes.
You interpretation is wrong.

We had not just people on here who were talking about the game not needing to exist because zombies are not interesting and TLOU exists, but even media outlets bringing those up. It wasn't one person talking about themselves but about the industry itself.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Redboxed it and the game is fine. It's really fun to play don't see how some reviewers like gamespot could give it a 5/10.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Yea can't imagine how well it did on digital. I hope this keeps them in business to get another new IP or maybe a return to syphon filter. DAYS GONE feels like a one off unless they are going to expand more on the lore of the freaker infection.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thats a good start. I feel like the early UK sales haven't been too accurate for overall performance recently though.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
I mean you pretty much said "screw the haters." I find it really difficult to see it in any other light tbh.
Screw the haters is a harsh term. My post is to imply that Bend studios are on the right track with this IP and they scored big. There will always be obstacles when pursuing a new venture and in this case Bend successfully avoided most of them and that includes the doom preachers who put this game down when it was initially revealed, right up until launch.
Days Gone threads were a common discussion thread that constantly turned to crap because of the above reason.
I don't need to provide examples for you in this case. You can use the search feature.
As i said before, i'd rather root for developers who try something different, even if its their own spin on an existing formula. Never wish failure on things. Never understood the need for such things anyway.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Did GOW even do good in UK? I remember people being disappointed.
People are dumb though. GoW 2018 did really well given that the series wasn't that popular in the UK (or Europe in general) up till that point. It also had fantastic legs.

Anywho, good for Bend. They really needed a success and they've found it.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Number 1? Man what a generic sales chart placement

Jokes aside congrats to Bend. Hope they continue to see great numbers for it

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
That's an amazing result for Days Gone. I actually think it deserves it too.
The game and setting is fantastic.
Proper played it for first time yesterday. There is potential here. Its not great nor does it suck but i feel that its one or two changes away from being an excellent game. I can see this game in a city setting with co-op and with huge numbers of freakers on screen.
I really wouldn't mind if this becomes Sony's State of Decay because i love that game.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice! I knew it would sell, but do poorly critically. Called this more than a year ago. Zombies still uber popular, whether it's a good game or not.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That 37% comes from worldwide, yeah? I don't think we can apply it to a single country. I just went with 20% to be conservative. Even if you go with that, it pushes it up to that ~85K range.

Even with your conservative estimate of 85K Sony Bend should be in really good shape. I'm wondering what the official PR will look like.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
I'm so happy with this performance. Days Gone is an amazing game.

I've never seen such a discrepancy between the reviews and the actual game quality. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who don't care about reviews.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Anthem was one of the best selling games of 2019 so far, but it had poor legs/word of mouth and overall a sales failure due to their huge budget. It is a bit premature to call Days Gone a huge success, but I don't see it being a failure/collapse like Anthem either. I guess it will depend if any upcoming game like Rage 2 will steal its thunder or if it becomes an ever-green that keeps selling steadily throughout the year. It could be this years Ghost Recon: Wildlands which didn't review well and wasn't popular with the hardcore crowd, but kept selling like crazy to the casual audience. On the other hand, the hype could quickly deflate and we could be seeing the title selling for half price within the next 2 months. So it is a very good debut for a new IP, but the long term success remains to be seen.

As long as it does well enough to keep Bend in good standing it's a success IMO.

jrb

Nov 9, 2017
So happy for Bend. Hope the numbers in the rest of the world are also this good.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
God of War and Spider-Man both had cuts akin to that not too long after their launch and they are the number 1 and 2 fastest selling exclusives all time for Sony.

I think Sony just doesn't mind dropping the price for their games after a little while. As such, I don't think price drops are a good indicator of performance for Sony titles.

It's not only Sony honestly, Odyssey seems to always be on sale on PSN. The rest of the industry is not like Nintendo.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good game. Solid 6/10 game from me. Since I first saw the dev interview from last year I've been rooting for this game to be a success and it seems well on its way to finding some commercial success. I hope this game gets to 2 million sold relatively fast and it grows some legs after that.

Oct 25, 2017
Even with your conservative estimate of 85K Sony Bend should be in really good shape. I'm wondering what the official PR will look like.
I'm expecting performance on par or better than Horizon (2.6M in 2 weeks). I may be overestimating it but I think it is feasible.

It's not only Sony honestly, Odyssey seems to always be on sale on PSN. The rest of the industry is not like Nintendo.
Yep, I definitely agree. I think there are pros and cons to both routes but I certainly wouldn't say the non-Nintendo route is inherently bad or anything like that.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i don't think days gone will sell 10mil total lifetime but i think at least 4million lifetime isn't too much of a stretch which.....for its exclusivity and critical reception, i'll say Sony is satisfy with it.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
MK11 suffered from what I call the "Just Cause effect". It's predacessor has been put on the sale so much, and also put on game pass and psnow, and also repacked into the XL edition with all the DLC, that some people just decided to wait.

i put off buying MK11 on launch because i'll be waiting the inevitable 'komplete' edition 2 years down the line. I got the MK XL Komplete for like 20 bucks with all the characters so i feel to see why i should buy MK11. Especially with the current towers of time grinding issue, i think i will continue to wait till NRS can resolve that issue before i will even put MK11 on my wishlist. I'm not an online PvP player anyway, settling mostly on vsCPU so i can wait as long as i want.