• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
DC fights at an extreme disadvantage at LHW; the guy is a natural heavyweight and cutting down to 205 clearly takes a heavy toll on him.

I would actually posit that if Jones and DC fought at HW, Jones is the underdog. He's not used to being hit by that kind of weight and it makes quite a difference.

Technosteve

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If this JJ vs DC happens that means Brock is juiced out of his mind, and DC lost his dumb make a ton of money fight.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really dissapointed in Cyborg. Can't believe she went for wild swinging and see who connects first.

Honestly that seemed like a more sensible strategy for her than for Nunes. Cyborg is bigger, stronger, and I'm sure everyone thought she hit harder; she's never been KO'd and never even hurt other than in that muay thai fight. Can't blame her for thinking a wild shootout would end in her favor -- I know that's what I thought.

I find it far more shocking that that's the strategy Nunes went for. You watch that fight again and it's very obvious that either of them could have been KO'd, they were just swinging wildly for the fences with no shred of defense or anything else.

I'm so glad it worked out for Nunes, but I hope she fights much smarter in the inevitable rematch.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good card, the Nunes/Cyborg fight was awesome. It looks like Bones didn't miss a beat, but I'm awaiting the drug test to see how legit the fight was.
Do we really need to wait on this drug test? He already tested positive multiple times leading up to this fight alone.

No matter how the UFC tries to spin it, he's been using.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly that seemed like a more sensible strategy for her than for Nunes. Cyborg is bigger, stronger, and I'm sure everyone thought she hit harder; she's never been KO'd and never even hurt other than in that muay thai fight. Can't blame her for thinking a wild shootout would end in her favor -- I know that's what I thought.

I find it far more shocking that that's the strategy Nunes went for. You watch that fight again and it's very obvious that either of them could have been KO'd, they were just swinging wildly for the fences with no shred of defense or anything else.

I'm so glad it worked out for Nunes, but I hope she fights much smarter in the inevitable rematch.
But when you get dropped, surely you would reconsider your "wild swinging" strategy? That's why I was dissapointed in Cyborg. Retreat and rethink your strategy. And she wants to go into boxing............

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Just says that Cyborg didn't respect Nunes's power and punching ability, I think she was pretty much done after that first time she got nailed.

Feb 10, 2018
I wonder what is next for women's Ufc?

Who will Nunes fight next ?
Holly Holm is someone she has not fought, it could be her, but yborg beat her so?

I actually think Holly will do better against nunes then cyborg because Holly is lot more targeted with her strikes and does not just go in guns blazing with punches.
Holly also has very good movement but if Holly gets tagged by nunes she will probably go down like the rest of nunes's foes. Also nunes has a better ground game then Holm.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think DC can get down to 205 again. Last time he had to cheat by leaning on a towel to do it, he should just stay at HW.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what is next for women's Ufc?

Who will Nunes fight next ?
Holly Holm is someone she has not fought, it could be her, but yborg beat her so?

I actually think Holly will do better against nunes then cyborg because Holly is lot more targeted with her strikes and does not just go in guns blazing with punches.
Holly also has very good movement but if Holly gets tagged by nunes she will probably go down like the rest of nunes's foes. Also nunes has a better ground game then Holm.
Have Nunes fight Valentina again at some weight.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But when you get dropped, surely you would reconsider your "wild swinging" strategy? That's why I was dissapointed in Cyborg. Retreat and rethink your strategy. And she wants to go into boxing............

I don't think your thinking is at its best at that point. You start going on instinct and hers is to start swinging.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Have Nunes fight Valentina again at some weight.

Yup, in my opinion Nunes, who I was rooting for back then, didn't win the last fight. I was quite disappointed in her strategy and performance. I'm not saying or wanting she'd lose a rematch with Shevchenko, but with Nunes holding all the cards, we'd have to wait many months for that match anyway.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I havent been following UFC much lately, what happened to that skinny lady, the polite one. Johana something?