Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trying not to spoil myself on the main card so I can watch it tomorrow. Can someone tell me if the prelims were worth a watch, though?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
but what about sea level cain?

9JOf1nv.gif

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all just need to accept that MMA is sports entertainment and it's carny as fuck by design.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I'd pick pretty much any "healthy" version of Cain to beat Jon tbh. Jon doesn't have the power to hurt Cain really outside of a kick, and I don't think he'd have the opportunity to

A prime Cain would smother the fuck out of him. Just a bad match up for Jones imo. DC himself openly says Cain is way better than him
Some of that is DC just being a good training buddy, though.

I said it when he best Stipe that if Cain never existed DC would be the greatest heavyweight mixed martial artist of all time.

But sometimes I still think Jones would best him there.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I'd pick pretty much any "healthy" version of Cain to beat Jon tbh. Jon doesn't have the power to hurt Cain really outside of a kick, and I don't think he'd have the opportunity to

A prime Cain would smother the fuck out of him. Just a bad match up for Jones imo. DC himself openly says Cain is way better than him

I would like to think that because Cain is one of my favorites but Jones is just too fucking smart

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jones isn't unbeatable at Heavyweight. There's a good few guys who would give him a solid fight, and possibly win. He won't be able to play the same game he does at LHW at HW. The weight and size difference will force him to fight differently and that will open him up to get hurt, which is a whole different ball game at that weight. And he knows it, which is why he's always been hesitant about moving to that division. But he is unbeatable at LHW because there really hasn't been anyone that demonstrated they could defeat him. Even the first Gus fight was a pretty clear Jones win and showed you the kind of tenacity he has. He's a cunt but unfortunately he is that good, and the juice up his ass no doubt provides plenty of benefit to diminish what weaknesses he may have physically without it.

I'm disappointed in Gus's performance. Dude looked so rusty and afraid to really let go. It should've been obvious to him early on that Jones was backing off because he had no intention of fighting a boxing match, and was going to tie him up every time he felt he needed to. And instead of pressing forward and doing his best to try and box him, Gus basically let Jones have his way. He was moving forward but barely threw any punches to set up combinations or to take advantage of Jones fighting off the back foot. One of the worst championship performances I've seen in the division frankly.

Rest of the card was pretty solid. Only the Anderson fight felt like a fight where I wondered why the hell they were even in that octagon. Nunes pulled off a great win. Cyborg was way too cocky and arrogant. Lots of peeps were saying she ate a lot of shots in her previous fight against Holly, and whether that would be a smart move against someone like Nunes. And Cyborg goes out there trying to swing like mad and gets shut down. Some idiotic fight IQ on display.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Cain is the best fighter to ever compete at HW in MMA

Problem is he fucking destroyed his body in training, so we never got to really see what he could have been capable of. And I do believe DC when he says Cain is better than him, because Cain at his best looks better than DC imo

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to think that because Cain is one of my favorites but Jones is just too fucking smart

He can be as smart as he wants, but prime Cain is just the exact type of fighter that could beat Jon. He was everything DC is with better boxing and a stronger chin. He knew how to pressure and nullify reach disadvantages in a way few guys at HW do.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
DC has the ability to beat Jon. He got caught badly in the second fight, but if he checked that kick? Who knows.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit sounds like DC/Bones 3 is happening according to Dana.

That sounded to me more like Dana doing his "act like a fight is going to happen to put pressure on the guy to take it" act that they've made into a regularity.

I think the only way DC takes the fight is if Jones agrees to VADA.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
DC should be allowed to juice in the 3rd match. Only way I see this being on equal footing.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC should ensure Jones takes VADA testing and faces him at HW. If he does those 2 things he has a chance

But at 205? I don't see him winning.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That sounded to me more like Dana doing his "act like a fight is going to happen to put pressure on the guy to take it" act that they've made into a regularity.

I think the only way DC takes the fight is if Jones agrees to VADA.

DC says that a lot, that he would only do it if Jones agrees to VADA, only do it if Jones goes up to HW, hell he said earlier this week he wouldn't give Bones the time of day, but ultimately I think those 2 losses eating at him make him do crazy things. That's his white whale. And is sucks because he doesn't need it. But he probably feels he does.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be rooting for DC this time around, but fuck Bones looked good tonight. If this is at 205 it's going to be tough for Cormier.

I dunno, Gus just let him do his thing, not that good a test. HW DC and dirty boxing should get it done, but yeah, at LHW Jones has shown he can shut him down.

Let's give it a few weeks for the suspension announcements though.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DC says that a lot, that he would only do it if Jones agrees to VADA, only do it if Jones goes up to HW, hell he said earlier this week he wouldn't give Bones the time of day, but ultimately I think those 2 losses eating at him make him do crazy things. That's his white whale. And is sucks because he doesn't need it. But he probably feels he does.

I think that was true before this week. I think the events of this week probably make him more firm in that stance.

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly, DC was winning the last fight against Jones until the kick to the head resulting in the crying meme. Then later Jones was caught juicing which stripped him from the belt. DC might have a chance if it's a clean fight.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly, DC was winning the last fight against Jones until the kick to the head resulting in the crying meme. Then later Jones was caught juicing which stripped him from the belt. DC might have a chance if it's a clean fight.

I don't know that he was for sure winning (I don't remember the cards), but it was damn sure closer than the first fight.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the best memory of the fight, but I think it was pretty even before the kick

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It was close as hell before the head kick yeah. I had DC winning but it was crazy competitive

Oct 29, 2017
I wish the public cared as much as you guys do.

Nobody cares about juicing in sports. Especially not combat sports.

Except maybe baseball. They only care about the brown people juicing in that one.
You're right. Football is in that same boat. Look at Tom Brady and J.J. Watt.
Anyone that watched Pride events knows steroids make for good MMA
it could also make for an serious lawsuit if a fighter on them kills someone in a match.