Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Sanction the match outside the athletic state commission, and let both fighters juice. Only way to complete the trilogy.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
a guy just asked Dana if David Taymur looks good and deserving of a top 15 fight and I guarantee you Dana has no idea who David Taymur is.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think if the fight went the distance DC probably could've pulled the win. I remember he was giving Jones the business until the kick.

I mean, its impossible to say. He got knocked out. Most guys who get knocked out don't get the benefit of "but if he hadn't gotten knocked out he might have won!'. They just get knocked out. Bones is 2-0 against DC. He won the first fight in a pretty convincing decision. HE won the 2nd fight by 3rd round KO. Let's be real only reason there is going to be a third fight, and people are giving DC a legit shot, is because they fucking hate each other, and because DC is one of the most likable fighters ever while Bones is one of the more hateable.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, its impossible to say. He got knocked out. Most guys who get knocked out don't get the benefit of "but if he hadn't gotten knocked out he might have won!'. They just get knocked out. Bones is 2-0 against DC. He won the first fight in a pretty convincing decision. HE won the 2nd fight by 3rd round KO. Let's be real only reason there is going to be a third fight, and people are giving DC a legit shot, is because they fucking hate each other, and because DC is one of the most likable fighters ever while Bones is one of the more hateable.

I think the only major fight where "he would have won if he wouldn't have gotten knocked out" is a legit argument in someone's favor is Rory against Robbie. He legit was like three minutes away from victory until his nose was sacrificed forever.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dana just basically said that 125lb is gone

When someone asked if its still going to exist after the TJ vs Cejudo fight he said "We'll see what happens" with his lying face on. So yeah Flyweight is dead

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

No, it's because DC has beaten everyone else at LHW besides a few new up and comers like Anthony Smith. The division sucks ass, HW is where Jon faces better competition. DC is straight up better in that weight class, he actually has a chance of knocking Jon out cold there.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if the fight went the distance DC probably could've pulled the win. I remember he was giving Jones the business until the kick.
He was. Jones just has him edged out at 205 though. Especially now, who knows what would be left of DC doing that cut again.

If they do this fight, it should happen at heavyweight. Some of the shots DC was landing on Jones might've put him away at HW.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
These people ask the dumbest fucking questions. It's always "Will UFC come to **insert my country**" or "What do you think of **insert random fighter from my country**" while Dana responds with the most non-committed, dismissive answers.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Dana just basically said that 125lb is gone

When someone asked if its still going to exist after the TJ vs Cejudo fight he said "We'll see what happens" with his lying face on. So yeah Flyweight is dead
Winner of that fight is going to get one of those brand new redesigned UFC belts, and then get it taken away when their division gets shut down

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He was. Jones just has him edged out at 205 though. Especially now, who knows what would be left of DC doing that cut again.

If they do this fight, it should happen at heavyweight. Some of the shots DC was landing on Jones might've put him away at HW.

I think if Bones insists on staying at 205, DC will probably agree. Jones has his belt back, and is 2-0 against DC. He probably doesn't feel he needs to fight Cormier again or chase him to HW.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if Bones insists on staying at 205, DC will probably agree. Jones has his belt back, and is 2-0 against DC. He probably doesn't feel he needs to fight Cormier again or chase him to HW.
DC would be foolish to fight him at 205 again. Can't let his pride get the better of him.

He should insist any potential rematch happen at heavyweight, and come from the angle that Jones can take whatever wants as no weight cut will be enough for him to even the odds.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
DC would be foolish to fight him at 205 again. Can't let his pride get the better of him.

He should insist any potential rematch happen at heavyweight, and come from the angle that Jones can take whatever wants as no weight cut will be enough for him to even the odds.

Yeah- just tales from my ass, but I've kind of gotten the impression that this was all about setting up a champion vs. champion superfight at HW. Just the timing of DC giving up the LHW belt and all the recent banter between the two. Plus, if DC was going to fight Bones at 205, he'd have held on to the LHW belt and dropped the HW one. I honestly think he has zero interest in attempting that weight cut again.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from The Forum. What an atmosphere in there. We all lost our collective shit when Nunes got that KO. I've been in the crowd for Sonnen getting subbed by Silva, Silva KOing Vitor, and Silva breaking his leg, and that moment feels like it was right up there along those in terms of how electric the crowd was.

Jones showed just how masterful his technique and fight IQ are tonight. He seemed to have gameplanned perfectly to shut down Alex's game. What a great card, Zingano eye injury notwithstanding.

Hall basically did to Penn what Ryo Chonan did to Anderson Silva, and Silva hadn't even started his UFC career at that point, so I don't necessarily see that as reason for him to stop necessarily.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah- just tales from my ass, but I've kind of gotten the impression that this was all about setting up a champion vs. champion superfight at HW. Just the timing of DC giving up the LHW belt and all the recent banter between the two. Plus, if DC was going to fight Bones at 205, he'd have held on to the LHW belt and dropped the HW one. I honestly think he has zero interest in attempting that weight cut again.

Depends on how they approach it and how insistent Bones is on not moving up. I think, as much as it sucks, DC probably needs a third fight more than Jon does. Jones has demonstrated that he has little to no shame, I doubt he feels like he has something to prove.

Oct 31, 2017
Depends on how they approach it and how insistent Bones is on not moving up. I think, as much as it sucks, DC probably needs a third fight more than Jon does. Jones has demonstrated that he has little to no shame, I doubt he feels like he has something to prove.

He really has nothing to prove against DC at 205. And if they fight at 205, DC is crying again. DC can try to make it happen at HW, but Jones holds the cards here IMO.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just got back from The Forum. What an atmosphere in there. We all lost our collective shit when Nunes got that KO. I've been in the crowd for Sonnen getting subbed by Silva, Silva KOing Vitor, and Silva breaking his leg, and that moment feels like it was right up there along those in terms of how electric the crowd was.

Jones showed just how masterful his technique and fight IQ are tonight. He seemed to have gameplanned perfectly to shut down Alex's game. What a great card, Zingano eye injury notwithstanding.

Hall basically did to Penn what Ryo Chonan did to Anderson Silva, and Silva hadn't even started his UFC career at that point, so I don't necessarily see that as reason for him to stop necessarily.
I bet the reaction was way bigger for Nunes's win than it was for Jones's right?

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
I'm actually all for steroid use. I think it should just be an open thing

The thing that bothers me with Jones is that he is a steroid abuser who is a massive hypocrite, lies about it constantly, and gets away with it and enabled by the company he works for to do it

Also a snitch.

But Pride was fucking great in its peak with no regard for steroids or whatever juice. Japan still doesn't give a fuck now.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also a snitch.

But Pride was fucking great in its peak with no regard for steroids or whatever juice. Japan still doesn't give a fuck now.
what do you mean? of course RIZIN has come around to the modern MMA landscape and at least does baseline drug testing/ I see nothing but clean, natty fighters on tomorrows car--
DvpmUz5U0AAp6D1.jpg

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
what do you mean? of course RIZIN has come around to the modern MMA landscape and at least does baseline drug testing/ I see nothing but clean, natty fighters on tomorrows car--
DvpmUz5U0AAp6D1.jpg

My favorite Gabi Rizin moment is when a 53 year-old woman accepted a fight with her. At the weigh-ins that woman came in at 162lbs. She'd agreed to fight Gabi if she got down to 209lbs. Gabi took to the scales and came in at...237lbs.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Jon's religion shit is such a joke. "As a Christian I wanted Chris Cyborg to win"? What the fuck does that even mean? Yeah, it was amazingly Christian of you when you told that reporter to shut up.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
Jon's religion shit is such a joke. "As a Christian I wanted Chris Cyborg to win"? What the fuck does that even mean? Yeah, it was amazingly Christian of you when you told that reporter to shut up.
He is stupid AF.
His fighting skills are amazing to watch, and he is also an awful human being.
Don't go to him for any philosophical shit or advice on life.
He is the antithesis of christian.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Really dissapointed in Cyborg. Can't believe she went for wild swinging and see who connects first.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
If you keep watching he does apologize.

It's a secular fight game. Having faith is fine (in many cases, good) and I hope it works for him in getting clean, but stop bringing Jesus into the Octagon. It belittles what already has become a disgraced religion.

You won because you're a better fighter or got lucky. Cyborg lost because Nunes is a much more skilled fighter (or she got lucky).