• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
P43+44 is one I'd like to have. It's so tranquil.

And I checked the installation folder for the game and nothing except icons or loading screen stuff is easy to grab.
Yeah, I saw some people got like the best version they could of those pages, but not the original files itself. They look good tho.

book.tunic.wiki

TUNIC Game Book/Manual Translation

A directory listing all available translations and files of the game TUNIC's instruction booklet/manual/book.

Resolution/performance details from VG Tech
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Resolution/performance details from VG Tech, nice to have those stats confirmed!

Xbox Series X renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160. [60fps]

Xbox One X and Xbox Series S both render at a native resolution of 1920x1080. [60fps]

Xbox One S renders at a native resolution of 1600x900 and renders the UI at 1920x1080. [30fps]

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Played it on a One S and my only gripe was the loads were a little longer than I'd have liked. Looked fine visually.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Yeah, I saw some people got like the best version they could of those pages, but not the original files itself. They look good tho.

book.tunic.wiki

TUNIC Game Book/Manual Translation

A directory listing all available translations and files of the game TUNIC's instruction booklet/manual/book.
Oh, nice find! Thx. Especially they're translating it too. :D

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cathedral fight really making the game highlight some shortcomings that I otherwise overlooked or would not have found much friction with. Only (really) two usable items at a time, not being able to swap them out mid fight, not keeping any if you die, etc. I was having a good run and started using items more because it seemed conceivable that I would win, when I encountered a group that I wasn't really setup for and would otherwise have been easy, and died. Now to get that advantage back I'm going to have to climb my way out and grind some to make up for it. Also I don't know why they give you all those hearts/potion at once, enough to fill up 3 health bars, but make you waste nearly all of it before letting you continue.

Edit: Just cleared it, finally. Ended up only needing a few sticks of dynamite and a couple flasks. Didn't even need any magic. Working left to right and finishing with the middle turned out to be the best strategy. The enemies to the far left are by far the most random as far as result goes.

Edit2: Got A end. Missing 2 pages. Had to no-fail the last boss because it bull shits in a very specific way that I cannot tolerate. Am going to put it down for a while before I try anything else. Has taken a lot of time and is a bit dreary to play at the moment. Is a really brilliant game but a handful of things drag it down for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Slowly picking away at the soul hunt to get, what I assume, is the other end mentioned in the manual. Really enjoying the variety of the solutions there—love that you are directed where to go but you have keep a very open mind once you get there!

Naru

May 11, 2019
Man, loved the game so far but it did fall off a cliff at the graveyard where you are a ghost. It's starting to get a bit annoying and tedious with invisible enemies and those fucking birds and getting two shotted by enemies in the cathedral thing etc.

Edit: Oh god and now I have to backtrack to all the graves to get my abilities back? Uncool.

Last edited:

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
Use the wand or hook to easily and quickly deal with the birds. They drop magic pellets so the resource drain is no big deal.

Getting to the graves is not quite as rote as it seems because both the paths and your moveset have changed. Your new dash makes moving around a lot faster. Also at that point it's entirely a freeform game. You don't have to do any of that stuff, you can just go fight the boss at any time. But now everything you can do apart from trying the boss as you are has to do with revisiting known places and investigating them in new ways.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I had finished the game a few days ago with only 1 page missing, and yeah, the last boss is a tough fight. I died several times to it until I could develop a proper strategy to beating it. But it was a doable challenge.

So I used the Hourglass item. That item is OP as fuck, even more with the "dashport"/"teledash"(?) ability. And if you didn't know, you can play with your inventory while the time is slow. So you have time to change items, or even your cards. I did that to change my potions to mp potions when needed. To change from magic items to explosives. And of course I used it to time my dashes and get the most out of openings. You can activate the item as you see the start of an attack coming, and deactivate it as soon as you are close enough to hit them.

I'm now on my second playthrough and I'm trying different things now. I'll try to search for everything \o/

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know that item existed, might have helped a few times :P

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I finished the game some time ago but saw the thread in the first page again and it made me happy. Also it's fun to read other players' discoveries, strategies and surprises at some of the game's... features and things.

Slowly picking away at the soul hunt to get, what I assume, is the other end mentioned in the manual. Really enjoying the variety of the solutions there—love that you are directed where to go but you have keep a very open mind once you get there!

I think you still may have secrets to decypher! The other ending blocks you from getting ending A (or at least before a patch that some have said doesn't work properly) - so if you are interested I'd recommend go for ending A first. If you don't know anything about A or B, keep exploring!

If I understood what you are picking away at, you may not be entirely right in your assumptions. :) That should be optional actually (but will help a lot - or wait, maybe it's not that optional but for different reasons than you may think) and not what leads you to what you think it leads. Just look for more clues about everything, and explore.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I finished the game some time ago but saw the thread in the first page again and it made me happy. Also it's fun to read other players' discoveries, strategies and surprises at some of the game's... features and things.

I think you still may have secrets to decypher! The other ending blocks you from getting ending A (or at least before a patch that some have said doesn't work properly) - so if you are interested I'd recommend go for ending A first. If you don't know anything about A or B, keep exploring!

If I understood what you are picking away at, you may not be entirely right in your assumptions. :) That should be optional actually (but will help a lot - or wait, maybe it's not that optional but for different reasons than you may think) and not what leads you to what you think it leads. Just look for more clues about everything, and explore.

Interesting, to be explicit.

I got the base ending already and currently on the belief that finding souls (bless the manual for marking them off) would point me to the missing two manual pages/frozen door.[ I guess I'll find out as I keep going!/SPOILER]

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, to be explicit.

I got the base ending already and currently on the belief that finding souls (bless the manual for marking them off) would point me to the missing two manual pages/frozen door.[ I guess I'll find out as I keep going!/SPOILER]

I think I may have misunderstood you.

Souls as in little flight lights? Or as in the items you recover from hero's graves? If it's the former then yeah, the fairies will help! I assume you talked about the fairies and also that you already recovered all stats from the heroes' graves.

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
You don't need to figure out the written language, just like Fez it's only necessary for a postgame puzzle that hasn't got any bearing on the normal game flow, only an easter egg.
Should I bother trying to figure the written language out myself? Like is it something that someone with a 4 year Computer Science degree could figure out in a few days? Or did it take a team of Computational Linguistics and Cryptographers a month to figure it out in collaboration?

I tried to Google this but was too scared of spoilers to click any of the links (I'm still in the middle of playing).

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
Should I bother trying to figure the written language out myself? Like is it something that someone with a 4 year Computer Science degree could figure out in a few days? Or did it take a team of Computational Linguistics and Cryptographers a month to figure it out in collaboration?

I tried to Google this but was too scared of spoilers to click any of the links (I'm still in the middle of playing).
It's a step above the usual fare for secret language puzzles and I think it requires a rather specific way of thinking to figure it out but it's quite possible because there are a couple possible entry points, so to speak, and fair clues are given. But as said above it's only used for a specific puzzle or two that are extremely likely to be some of the very last ones you ever notice.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm just totally stuck and unable to progress, feelsbadman. I've been trying to play without looking anything up, but I'm tempted now. For context, I did beat the final boss and got what I guess is the 'bad' ending. Now I'm trying to figure out where the hell the golden path is, and what to do with this golden slab at the top of the overworld map. It doesn't seem to do anything in the same way that the other secret doors unlocked...

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Man I'm just totally stuck and unable to progress, feelsbadman. I've been trying to play without looking anything up, but I'm tempted now. For context, I did beat the final boss and got what I guess is the 'bad' ending. Now I'm trying to figure out where the hell the golden path is, and what to do with this golden slab at the top of the overworld map. It doesn't seem to do anything in the same way that the other secret doors unlocked...
There are scattered (4?5?)chunks of another golden tablet that correspond to one of the hero's graves. You'll need to map them out, drawing, and eventually find a complete holy cross solution. It was hard. I think that's what you're after.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I will openly say that this game requires you to have notes, and even photos sometimes, if you want to 100% it. I decided on my own that some secrets even tho they were awesome, they weren't worth my time on them and I looked them up. Now about what you specifically asked, are you talking about the big golden slab next to the entrance to the snow biome? If that is it, the holy cross will help you. If you want a more direct response, I can give you in a DM or you can look it up.

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
Do you know what the Holy Cross is and how to use it? From what you're generally saying, probably not, so people are assuming you're much further along than you are. So you need to start with that. The manual page regarding it, page 43 iirc, is in the village, very visible in the middle of a sort of pool/fountain which you should now be able to access with your current powers. Once you've got it you should be able to access the Holy Cross, which you can put to good use in the very same area. After that, you should be able to figure out or remember other places where you can use it, and get more insight regarding the golden path. In general, as long as you don't understand what the golden path it, you can just work on getting more manual pages with your new tools, because you might just not have everything you need yet.

Johnny Cicala

Dec 8, 2017

If it's something you enjoy, I'd totally try to figure out the language. As someone else said, it's a couple of notches more complex than just substituting a letter to a symbol but it's crackable, especially after finding page 54. This page is the "key" to the language, but then there still plenty work to do to actually decipher the symbols.

This was one of the highlights of the game for me!

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Finished my second run two days ago, and that was so good. I wasn't prepared for that. This game is easily one of the best games I've ever played. I'll keep it in my mind and heart forever.

I loved finding the secrets (even tho I cheated on some), the world and even that I only found out about some core game mechanics reeeeally late on the game. Yeah, I loved that because I don't put the game at fault here. It actually made me fell like I was discovering something magical hahaha. So, I really loved it all. It is one of a kind.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Sat down this evening paper in hand to find the rest of the faeries and ended up having the Golden Path fully click (I had a decent idea from the numbers but thought it was simpler than it actually was). That final chime of success was such a treat—it's amazing the game can be so secretive while also still being solvable by a fool like me haha!

What an absolutely wonderful game. A real triumph!

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
If it's something you enjoy, I'd totally try to figure out the language. As someone else said, it's a couple of notches more complex than just substituting a letter to a symbol but it's crackable, especially after finding page 54. This page is the "key" to the language, but then there still plenty work to do to actually decipher the symbols.

This was one of the highlights of the game for me!
Thank you! This was exactly what I wanted to know. Trying to solve it "too early" was frustrating, but after finding that clue it was a fun challenge.

I really enjoyed the game overall.

I even had my kids (5 and 7) help me with one of the puzzles:
52084186457_63762d2839_c.jpg

(I drew the lines and did the cutting, they taped it together)

Johnny Cicala

Dec 8, 2017
Thank you! This was exactly what I wanted to know. Trying to solve it "too early" was frustrating, but after finding that clue it was a fun challenge.

I really enjoyed the game overall.

I even had my kids (5 and 7) help me with one of the puzzles:
52084186457_63762d2839_c.jpg

(I drew the lines and did the cutting, they taped it together)

Happy to help!

I honestly was kind of close to the solution, I understood that the alphabet was phonetic, in my mind it worked pretty much like Japanese, and I got a good bunch of words translated from context, but I was missing the consonant/vowel structure of the glyphs.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I found that room after when looking for fairies and had no idea what it did.

Didn't even notice the cimour changes and thought I had to figure out a pattern with the bells for far too long.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I started this after beating ER a couple times.

I love it so far, and like having to figure things out but I think I'm finally to the point of things being too obscured.

I can't find anything to do after

Inserting the 3 colored gems, I'm going to take another go tonight before looking up help

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
I started this after beating ER a couple times.

I love it so far, and like having to figure things out but I think I'm finally to the point of things being too obscured.

I can't find anything to do after

Inserting the 3 colored gems, I'm going to take another go tonight before looking up help
Vague hint if you want it:
Where did those hexagonal locks go when they were broken?
More specific hint:
Where could she have gone? Is there a room nearby that had something you couldn't get earlier?
Actual answer:
Go to the teleport hub world and take the central teleport pad.

PS4/PS5 version announced
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

TUNIC is coming to PS4 and PS5 on September 27th, 2022!

Explore a land filled with lost legends, ancient powers, and ferocious monsters in TUNIC, an isometric action game about a small fox on a big adventure. Stranded on a mysterious beach, armed with only your own curiosity, you will confront colossal beasts, collect strange and powerful items, and unravel long-lost secrets.

Be brave, little fox!

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
New player here. Played all day yesterday and got past what I would call the normal part of the game, 3 crests and all that. Now the game entered the holy fuck wtf is happening phase of the game and it's amazing!!! I am reading some of the older posts, kind of hard to avoid any spoilers that might ruin some puzzles, but I have some questions.

Language…
am I supposed to translate this thing at some point. Am I missing some clear page that helps me translate it or am I supposed to be really observant and piece this together on my own. Or is it all not necessary. Last thing I did was figure out the dpad commands, holy shit. Also I have a new save file, wtf. I still need to get the holy cross.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
am I supposed to translate this thing at some point. Am I missing some clear page that helps me translate it or am I supposed to be really observant and piece this together on my own. Or is it all not necessary. Last thing I did was figure out the dpad commands, holy shit. Also I have a new save file, wtf. I still need to get the holy cross.
Optional, not required to get any ending.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks that makes my feel better. This game!! The amount of stuff just there from the start that you don't realize, incredible.

Oh another question if I go
for ending A, I can reload and continue to ending B right?
Yes.

Very minor spoiler but something you probably want to know: You can't actually get Ending A after meeting the conditions for getting Ending B, so you might want to grab Ending A first before doing that.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
oh man, haven't played since april and I'm so lost.
just got the dash ability.
now I need to
get back my stuff
!?
but how do you get back into the western area?

Last edited:

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
LTTP, but what an absolutely fantastic game this is. Started playing a few days ago, and I've just gotten the third gem piece. I LOVE the instruction manual. The way it teaches you the game without relying on any tutorials is absolutely fantastic. The game's UI also deserves high praise.

The secrets and exploration are the best part of the game. The fact that you keep discovering something new in regularly visited areas is just amazing! The combat is okay. Have been able to beat all the bosses so far in a timely manner. Though I wish some of the weapons or power-ups were a little more cooler/fun/overpowered.

Anyway, I'll share my overall thoughts after I finish the game. Seems like I still have a bunch of stuff to go through.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
oh man, haven't played since april and I'm so lost.
just got the dash ability.
no I need to
get back my stuff
!?
but how do you get back into the western area?

Guessing you're past this now, but just in case.

With the
dash I think you should be able to warp across some gaps across the water in the south-west area of the overworld from one of the beaches to get back to the west garden.