• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
After they edit out all the unsubstantiated crap that Trump mentions in this interview they are going to have like 3 minutes of actual footage to use lol. Thats probably why Trump put out this unedited version.

The interviewer did a good job, but I just wish they came better prepared with actual documentation to come back at Trump with. Not much they could have used to come at him with the Hunter Laptop crap besides what she was trying to get in, but there were a few things in there where she should have backed up some of his outlandish claims.

It is pretty funny how defeated he seems like these days. I dunno how anyone can stand all the whining and bitching still after 4 years of the same crap. Still crying about the emails or the spying bs.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
People want to pretend this shit doesnt work, but it does
people really are that gullible
The local trump supporter at work is absolutely fuming about the "hotjob" cbs attempted against dear leader
of course they havent even watched it, but the headline has already done its work
this is exactly what he wants by getting in front of this thing with his own narrative attached
he beat them to the "story" and his cultmembers continue to be shielded from reality
it's obviously not going to win him any new fans, but it helps him retain his base, it's not for you, it's for them
the point is not to change minds, it's to keep them from changing

If this shit works on them, then they wouldn't change their minds even IF Trump didn't get out in front of it.

All this does is keep the anger levels high. The party of hate indeed.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
The local trump supporter at work is absolutely fuming about the "hotjob" cbs attempted against dear leader
of course they havent even watched it, but the headline has already done its work
this is exactly what he wants by getting in front of this thing with his own narrative attached
he beat them to the "story" and his cultmembers continue to be shielded from reality
it's obviously not going to win him any new fans, but it helps him retain his base, it's not for you, it's for them
the point is not to change minds, it's to keep them from changing
He can't win with just his base.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
the point is not to change minds, it's to keep them from changing, and keep them constantly incited

They're beyond hope. Even if Trump didn't release this his cultists still wouldn't have watched the interview and they still wouldn't have changed their minds. There is absolutely nothing you can do to get them to come to reality. They abandoned it a long time ago.

And it doesn't matter. They'll wall themselves off and they'll die while the world turns undeterred. It won't save him to just retain his base of delusional fucks.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017

Monica Alba @albamonica

Stahl: But why did he walk out & end the interview like that?

Pence: Um...

Stahl: Well, you walked out with him, right?

Pence: Well, I, Lesley, you spent the better part of an hour with the president. And the American people heard the passion that he has for this country.

2:03 PM · Oct 22, 2020

He is such a fucking tool; he's been saying that last bit for the last 4 years...

Jan 10, 2018
the point is not to change minds, it's to keep them from changing, and keep them constantly incited

I wanna ask something different. Is there any way we can convince defeatists that Trumps "strategy" isn't working?

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020

Monica Alba @albamonica

Stahl: But why did he walk out & end the interview like that?

Pence: Um...

Stahl: Well, you walked out with him, right?

Pence: Well, I, Lesley, you spent the better part of an hour with the president. And the American people heard the passion that he has for this country.

2:03 PM · Oct 22, 2020

The only thing worse than Trump are the people like Pence who try to legitimize him.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really love this format because when it actually airs a lot of his bullshit gets cut. You get to see the journalist ask futilely for him to explain what the fuck he means like 4 times.

We will have a great plan
Will!?

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Can they please ask him a question about what he actually said, have his denial and then show the actual words coming out of his mouth.... over and over and over again to show how he blatantly lies.

Christ, enough already with this rhetoric.

You could literally time travel, and have past Trump say that stuff to present Trump, and have a future, elderly Trump admit he said that, and present Trump would still say it was fake news/he was joking.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I wish that when he went after the media in the interview that Stahl brought up when he told her that the reason he villifies the media is so that when they do negative stories about him people won't believe them.

Also at all the "I was sarcastic" posts.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Trump has always thought the cure to any problem is more Trump, so it's not surprising he thinks dumping raw interview footage that exposes how whiny, weak-willed, and generally ignorant he is is a good thing.

Truth is, he would've probably come out looking relatively better in the final edited interview. The media does a lot of heavy lifting, consciously or not, to sanitize Trump for viewers. He looks worse when completely unfiltered.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
As always, flip the political party and see if your answer is the same.

The job of the press isn't to fluff the president, it's to covey information and keep the office in check if they're surrounded by sycophants.

I guarantee those saying it's the office of the president they should respect that, wouldn't do the same if it was the opposing party.

And frankly, this is what Trump established as precedent. He's not being presidential, he's not "respecting traditions", he's unfiltered. As the kids say, 'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes'

EDIT: He's disrespected the media from the get go, and attacked them labelling them as Fake News. Turnabout is fair play. And of course, they'll say the press should be impartial, but let Fox News slide.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
What is disturbing about this interview is how he says that surburban women like him because he is keeping low income projects away from surburban area which will keep crime away and keep these communities safe.

And Leslie, says..................NOTHING.

LIke WTF.

That's why i think trump just brought out how shitty corporate america is. People say trump is shitty? yes. But a huge chunk of america is shitty including media outlets.

Like she keeps mentioning testing, testing, testing. 222,000 people are DEAD. No fucking empathy. Ask about the dead when he claims increased testing. So fracking simple.
Jesus christ dude, this is not the hill you wanna die on. Fucking think about your Trump-defending "b-but both sides bad!" rhetoric before you post here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Very normal water drinking sir!
On his next interview, they should totally just put a sippy cup on the table next to him and never acknowledge it in any way.

I really hope they have water at the debate. Just seeing the 'rump take a sip of water in the way he does, followed by Biden also taking a sip of water, would be pure gold.

Oct 26, 2017
"It's taking him five days to prepare for a debate?"

Well, that certainly shows the amount of prep Trump puts into them

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
He can't win with just his base.

He can if not enough of us show up to vote (see 2016). Thankfully I don't think that mistake is being made this year, but I do worry about fraudulent shit going down invalidating mail in/early votes, which is why we need to make it a landslide and not remotely disputable where one state with close numbers would swing the whole thing (ala Florida 2000)

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I like how he thinks this is a gotcha but is really just a supreme self-own and a close look at exactly how impossible he is to talk to and how pathetic and insecure he is.