Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
He's extremely motivated to try, and the GOP sees no reason to commit to a peaceful transition of power. To them, there can be no legitimate Democratic victory.

I think it's far past time to stop being all "come on, Trump wouldn't do that!" and take a good hard look at what would stop him. Is it laws? Laws can be changed.

We need to stop acting like democratic backsliding is something that can't possibly happen in the US.

I'm not putting Trump past it, but the idea he could get away with it is just so laughable. The white house isn't the presidency. He would be forced out if he loses because he won't be president after inauguration day.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
To me, this absolutely reads that they know he's going to lose the election, at which point he is absolutely going to call upon his supporters to commit violence against the "radical left for trying to cheat the election and steal away the country" and is taking all the precautions to prevent people from retaliating against him for those calls. They're readying the White House for a civil war, the only thing we don't know at this point is the ultimate scale of that conflict and how long it could last.

I feel the same. Why else would they do this.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
image.jpg

Jan 4, 2018
This. There is a huge difference between successfully stealing the election and remaining in power vs just refusing to concede and trying to spread FUD for two months or so before resigning so he can get Pence to pardon him. It will be the latter and the entire time he refuses to concede is what is going to spark the protests. He cannot under any circumstances admit defeat, his administration knows that, hence the fences to try to weather the storm.
Yep, throw his lame-duck session (the likes of which we've probably never seen before) on top of that and it's going to get ugly. Really ugly.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I'm not putting Trump past it, but the idea he could get away with it is just so laughable. The white house isn't the presidency. He would be forced out if he loses because he won't be president after inauguration day.
This too. Joe Biden can be the President from a Starbucks. Let Trump rot away in the building until he's reached his limit and cracks.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Biden removing these multiple layers of increasingly bigger fences is going to be great optics for how things are returning to normalcy actually.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
If he's really planning on a "Trump" news network, I expect him to be fucking nuts until the inauguration, trying his best keep his core base post-presidency. If he really has nothing planned, nothing more to sell, I wouldn't be surprised to see him off Twitter and in a more sober, depressed mood. I wish for the latter, but I feel like he'll be on a rampage until Biden is sworn in.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
They did tell him that if he loses Tuesday, he doesn't actually have to leave until January, right?

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
He admires dictators, he admires how China suppressed the Tiananmen Square protests. He will absolutely try to hold power through violence, but he is incompetent and stupid. He'll demand the military step in to "prevent a coup by the left" and they will ignore him. His admin will vainly try to urge the Republican elite to support him, and Mitch has his judge, he has already sold Trump down the river with his stimulus package, he will not risk a failed coup and lending support to Dems for the future.

All he has is his base, but that ain't enough to win the election or keep him in power. He will smear the office of the Presidency quite a bit more before Biden comes in of course but hes gone if the election is lost.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is this to stop Biden getting in?

Anyway what's with the almost 3 month gap between election and innauguration? Are there other countries in the world that work that way?
The thing is, before Trumplethinskin we never had a president so maniacal enough to barricade himself in the White House and refuse to accept the results of an election. So it was never that big of a deal to have a three month period before the transfer of power.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I am mostly terrified what this prick will do in 2 months after he loses the election.. but WTF is this all about?

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this to keep him safe if he attempts to steal the election? I'm feeling more and more uneasy everytime I read something new.
It's more likely that he just wants to stay safe when he loses. He's one of the most hated presidents in US history. When it's confirmed that he's on his way out people are going to protest the shit out of everything his lame duck administration does.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
To me, this absolutely reads that they know he's going to lose the election, at which point he is absolutely going to call upon his supporters to commit violence against the "radical left for trying to cheat the election and steal away the country" and is taking all the precautions to prevent people from retaliating against him for those calls. They're readying the White House for a civil war, the only thing we don't know at this point is the ultimate scale of that conflict and how long it could last.

This only works if secret service and the military plays along. The military is not siding with Trump, so this is a non-starter.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
We're very 'fortunate' he's as stupid as he is. A competent person with the same goals and policies would be a swifter end to the country as we know it.

I'm pretty sure a more competent narcissist has been taking notes these past 5 years. Probably multiple, more competent narcissists.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
This only works if secret service and the military plays along. The military is not siding with Trump, so this is a non-starter.

I doubt the Secret Service does either. They'll obviously protect him from being killed (since it is their job), but they have no love for him at all - especially after his COVID joyride stunt. They'll drag him out of the White House too.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Nah, he actually believes if he wins, Anifa is gonna come storming for his head. This is to keep him alive. If he loses, his ass is heading to mar-a-lago.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

The Division 2 has got a few things right about 2020 and it was released in 2019
Worldwide Virus: Check
Crazy Militia: Check
Riots: Check
Police violence : Check
Whitehouse lockdown: Check

Far Cry 5 also warned us of religiously motivated militias.

As much as I dislike Ubisoft these days, some of their stuff is pretty on point regarding some world events.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
He is definitely going to declare it's a fraud if he loses and will be trying to destabilise the country even more so he can stay in power. He's going to insist he's still president even after Biden is sworn in. What actually happens if a president refuses to hand the WH over to their successor? And if they are largely backed by their party in refusing to admit defeat?

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
He is definitely going to declare it's a fraud if he loses and will be trying to destabilise the country even more so he can stay in power. He's going to insist he's still president even after Biden is sworn in. What actually happens if a president refuses to hand the WH over to their successor? And if they are largely backed by their party in refusing to admit defeat?
Insurrection Act followed by the military dragging him out