Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
It's this y'all. Trump admin is incompetent as hell, there's absolutely 0 chance he'd steal an election that's a landslide that has 50 different state procedures with paper trails in many and get away with it. Come on.

It won't be a landslide and they'll at least try.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
To me, this absolutely reads that they know he's going to lose the election, at which point he is absolutely going to call upon his supporters to commit violence against the "radical left for trying to cheat the election and steal away the country" and is taking all the precautions to prevent people from retaliating against him for those calls. They're readying the White House for a civil war, the only thing we don't know at this point is the ultimate scale of that conflict and how long it could last.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
This is going up because once he's voted out, all gloves are off. I'm thinking heavy protests that won't stop.

He may never step outside the WH after tomorrow. He already cancelled his Election night party at his shitty DC hotel.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be real awkward when, come January 20, Biden rolls onto the front lawn with a tank and they bust down the whitehouse door.

But if bunker bitch wants to stay in his bunker, go ahead. Cement that shit closed and let's go on with our lives.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
It's this y'all. Trump admin is incompetent as hell, there's absolutely 0 chance he'd steal an election that's a landslide that has 50 different state procedures with paper trails in many and get away with it. Come on.
The Trump admin is full of selfish asshole traitors, but they're not stupid. They know exactly what they're doing and the reaction they will get, but they won't care.

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
Those 3 months after he loses...don't sound fun.

Can we just get him to quit some how? 25th amendment? Lock the White House next time he goes to play golf?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Trump going out like this?

519xXpbpnpL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Jack Bauer

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
To me, this absolutely reads that they know he's going to lose the election, at which point he is absolutely going to call upon his supporters to commit violence against the "radical left for trying to cheat the election and steal away the country" and is taking all the precautions to prevent people from retaliating against him for those calls. They're readying the White House for a civil war, the only thing we don't know at this point is the ultimate scale of that conflict and how long it could last.

Well you're a bright ray of sunshine.

(I actually agree with you.)

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Reporting today also said he's planning on having a party for ~400 people at the White House.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen a president pull some shit like this before. Even presidents that were catching heat weren't disliked so much it caused so much fear.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
How people are going to respond if he steals the election after losing.

If he were to actually openly steal the election through completely unprecedented Supreme Court decisions (and I personally think the margins will be far too large for that), no wall is going to keep hundreds of thousands of pissed off people out. He'd certainly never be able to leave.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Makes perfect sense. He's going to try to steal the election, and whether or not he succeeds, there will likely be protests.

When he loses, he's going to call for violence. So he'll need protection from the backlash.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Ending this time period in a bunker feels a bit on the nose but here we are.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Well you're a bright ray of sunshine.

(I actually agree with you.)
Well...the "sunshine" in the statement is that like I said, we don't know what sort of duration his calls to action will really have. Anger from his supporters could peter out after a couple of days as it sinks in that the rest of the country isn't going to stand for their bullshit anymore...or his supporters in conjunction with sympathetic white supremacist police units continue to be as shitty and belligerent as possible for a long, long time. I have no read on their longevity in that sense.
The main point is just that they expect Democrats/leftists/antifa/whatever to try and attack him after election day, whether because he successfully cheats his way to a victory or loses and incites all those Proud Boys standing by for his order. I'd rather be prepared in understanding that potential and be pleasantly surprised than come away shocked that this result comes to blood.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
when your only strategy is to steal a close election via the courts but you "forgot" to do anything about the cops and the virus killing hundreds of thousands of people so you lose in a historic landslide

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Biden has such a landslide against him that he doesnt even need key states to win, and even in most of those key states biden is posed to win. There's simply nothing trump can do no mattwr how much he claims fraudulent. So I doubt this is the reason

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
when your only strategy is to steal a close election via the courts but you "forgot" to do anything about the cops and the virus killing hundreds of thousands of people so you lose in a historic landslide

We're very 'fortunate' he's as stupid as he is. A competent person with the same goals and policies would be a swifter end to the country as we know it.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
If he were to actually openly steal the election through completely unprecedented Supreme Court decisions (and I personally think the margins will be far too large for that), no wall is going to keep hundreds of thousands of pissed off people out. He'd certainly never be able to leave.

This. There is a huge difference between successfully stealing the election and remaining in power vs just refusing to concede and trying to spread FUD for two months or so before resigning so he can get Pence to pardon him. It will be the latter and the entire time he refuses to concede is what is going to spark the protests. He cannot under any circumstances admit defeat, his administration knows that, hence the fences to try to weather the storm.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
www.newyorker.com

Why Trump Can’t Afford to Lose

The President has survived one impeachment, twenty-six accusations of sexual misconduct, and an estimated four thousand lawsuits. What happens when his Presidential immunity is gone?

Very good reporting from Jane Mayer on the post-election prospects for a Trump that loses.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

He's extremely motivated to try, and the GOP sees no reason to commit to a peaceful transition of power. To them, there can be no legitimate Democratic victory.

I think it's far past time to stop being all "come on, Trump wouldn't do that!" and take a good hard look at what would stop him. Is it laws? Laws can be changed.

We need to stop acting like democratic backsliding is something that can't possibly happen in the US.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, this feels like something totally regular and normal to be occurring a few days before the election.