• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hideki Kamiya just texted me and told me that he has a surprise. Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 are coming back. Original stages, original characters, and songs from the original soundtrack, plus new features! The game looks awesome and will be officially announced soon.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Someone once pointed that Activision was working on THPS remasters, a new Crash game (firstly reported as a Wrath of Cortex remake, but corrected later saying it may be a complete new game instead), and a CoD Modern Warfare 2 remaster (which was released shortly after that report).

we got 2 out 3 of that list already!

www.resetera.com

Rumor: Activision games that are in development

This is a leak from The Gaming Revolution. A leaker who's leaked a bunch of Activision stuff in the past and turned out right including Call of Duty Warzone, Black Ops 3 zombies maps and Modern Warfare info before it released. So he's a bit credible when it comes to leaks. I'm sure some of you...

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I just want modern ways to play these games without having to hook up an old console. I will be thrilled to get remasters of these two games, but I would be happier with THPS3, to be honest. It's the best game in the series IMO and it would translate to HD a bit better.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy. Not just that there's a new Tony Hawk game but I get to dig this meme out once more

tonyhawk.jpg

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Hideki Kamiya just texted me and told me that he has a surprise. Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 are coming back. Original stages, original characters, and songs from the original soundtrack, plus new features! The game looks awesome and will be officially announced soon.
Hideki Kamiya would only text someone to tell them he's blocking them on twitter.

learning

Jan 4, 2019
While I was far too kind to THPS HD at launch, I wouldn't call it a remaster. It was a weird mishmash of the first two games with a gameplay engine that didn't feel right, and it didn't have all the maps (let alone characters or music) from the first two games.

I have *zero* expectations that they can secure all the music rights though. That almost never happens in these cases, so best not to expect that's going to happen here.
Not gonna lie, the THPS2 soundtrack is one of my favorite ever. It's probably my favorite licensed soundtrack not in a "music" game.

I really hope they can do it!!

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
I remember the demo disk of THPS1 that just had the small area with the pool ( i think ), I must have sunk so many hours into that as i couldn't afford the game...can't wait to revisit!