• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dave Mirra is dead

tenor.gif
This is awful but hilarious.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Would have been more surprised and pleased if I'd seen it as it was originally intended to be revealed. This is surprise tinged with sourness and disappointment that just because someone was texted by Tony Hawk they felt they had to share it with everyone else.
Tony Hawk announced the game by texting the news to thousands of people.

I'll put more stock in what the guy who the game is named after wants to do than whatever Geoff Keighley was hoping.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Tony Hawk just texted me and told me that he has a surprise. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 are coming back. Original maps, original skaters and songs from the original soundtrack, plus new features! The game looks awesome and will be officially announced soon.

2kiX8nk.png

Tony Hawk didn't text me directly. He did a community thing a while ago for text stuff that I signed up for. He wished me a happy birthday even! And now he's dropping hot facts about some Tony Hawk stuff in my messages.
Thanks Geoff!

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been more surprised and pleased if I'd seen it as it was originally intended to be revealed. This is surprise tinged with sourness and disappointment that just because someone was texted by Tony Hawk they felt they had to share it with everyone else.
Might be a good time to reflect on why you care so much about being hit by the perfect PR message. Tony Hawk himself thought this was good news!

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping it would be 1-3 or 1-4 as these are pretty short games. Hopefully there's some added maps from the others.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Hopefully they don't mess them up this time. Keep the physics exactly how they were in the originals + updated graphics and it should be pretty awesome.

Also add THPS3 into the package, to make it something really special.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Nostalgia is fucking crazy

I would rather get Project 8 on Xbox One backwards compatibility if they continue to ignore Tony Hawk 3

This is the 3rd fucking time they've remastered/ remade 1 and 2
(They did it on the original Xbox and then that shitty HD Tony Hawk game)

Im gonna be so bummed to play a Tony Hawk game without revert in 2020

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I cant be the only thps fan who thinks this is lame. We have the original game, we had the whack remaster. If I want to play 1 or 2 I'll emulate on PC or play on OG hardware. Ive played those games to death I would much rather a competent sequel.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
There's no way this wasn't part of the agreed upon marketing plan for this game. Plus, this now means we know what this morning's announcement is - and it means we likely get a reveal of footage.

Plus Keighley announced another event for tomorrow that you can get hyped on. No reason to be sour about this.