• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Tony Hawk sent out a text a little early and spoiled the surprised, but Tony Hawk Pro Skate 1+2 (Remastered) are heading to current gen systems (PS4, Xbox One and PC via Epic) on September 4th, 2020. Developed by Vicarious Visions. Pre-ordering will give you early access to the Warehouse level from the first game (release date TBA). $39.99 for standard and $49.99 for deluxe. There will be physical and digital versions of the game. I'll update with pre-order links as they come in.

Don't want to sift through the thread? Read here!
Sounds like they tried to get as much of the original soundtrack as they could, it's got revert, it's not on Steam, $99.99 collectors comes with a deck

And now some more stuff
GENERIC PRESS INFO
Activision Blog Post

All set to shred again?

The original birdman Tony Hawk and Vicarious Visions, the studio behind the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, have come together to bring back Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 and 2, radically remastered for the PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 4 Pro, the family of Xbox One devices from Microsoft, including the Xbox One X, and on PC via Epic!

Dropping in on September 4, 2020, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2 is set to bring back original levels, pro skaters, tricks, modes, and songs from the iconic soundtrack, as well as amp up the experience with new ways to play including online Multiplayer.

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

PRE-ORDER LINKS

Digital (Your region may vary)
Epic Games Store

US
GameStop (Standard, One)
GameStop (Standard, PS4)
Amazon (Standard, PS4)
Amazon (Standard, One)
Best Buy (Standard, One)
Best Buy (Standard, PS4)
GameStop (Collectors, One)
GameStop (Collectors, PS4)
Amazon (Collectors, One)
Amazon (Collectors, PS4)

UK
(Collectors) GAME UK

(Some) Screenshots
THPS12_01.jpg

THPS12_02.jpg

Collectors Edition and Pre-Order Info
They have already announced that there is a Collectors Edition that will retail for $99.99 in the US which includes the game, Digital Deluxe Content and a limited-run Birdhouse deck.

THPS12_LE.jpg

Pre-Ordering will grant access to a Warehouse Demo which will launch before the game, and with select retailers will include a finger-board on release and pickup.

THPS12_WD.jpg

THPS12_MF.jpg

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I just got a text from him through his commmunity.com thing.

What the text said.
Hey I have a surprise and wanted to tell you first: we are bringing back Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2! Original maps, original skaters, and songs from the original soundtrack, plus new features! The game looks awesome and will be announced officially soon.

Edit: Can't wait.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The Fallen indeed

EDIT: Wtf this is real?

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hawk has a text distro community list thing he started around the lockdown time I think. I just got the same text.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cerny texted me yesterday, he's tired of invading Resetera users' dreams and wants to cancel the PS5.

Don't tell anyone I told you.

EDIT what the message is real?? lol when I wrote this post there was no image or quote

Last edited:

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Provided they have a good team behind it, that'd be an insta-buy for me.

My dream is a remake of those games + SSX 1-3 + Skate.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be really impressed if they somehow get the music rights to every song from the original two games.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Why does everyone forget that Tony Hawk 3 is infinitely better than 1 & 2 and one of the greatest video games ever created?

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
True story: at a post-conference party Tony Hawk had a paid appearance where you could play THPS5 against him. That game doesn't have split screen though so it was two separate TVs. So I waited in line, shook his hand, and then kicked his ass in the game. He made some comment about how it's hard to play this version against each other because of the lack of split screen. I looked at him, shook his hand again, and said "Rest in peace Neversoft".

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I didn't play these much back in the day, but I do have some nostalgia tied to playing it round my neighbours and on demos.

Looking forward to enjoying it as someone going in fresh. I understand they are held in high esteem in the Gaming community.