IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
I hope they do physical releases because these late ports tend to have dlc and final patched on disc (Eg. WOFF).

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
This feels like a very safe prediction disguised as insider info. I can see these games coming to Game Pass to make it worth SQEX's while, because I don't think they'd sell tremendously well otherwise.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Jez was the one who said Capcom and MS were talking to bring the Capcom Fighters to Xbox and those got announced not too long ago.

So there's potential they've heard similar for Square Enix

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Of course they are. I can see some stuff being announced at the TGS stream this month.

Also, besides his fanboyism and terribly embarrassing stuff during the multiplatform/activision being bought stuff, can someone point me out to when Jez was wrong recently with his leaks (or even before)? He said it wasn't FH5 being announced at Gamescom and it was Indiana Jones and it was, he said MS was working with Capcom on the MT framework issues and they were (the fighting game collections got confirmed for Xbox, even), he also originally leaked Towerborne, Contraband, Ara: History Untold and Brass Lion working on an action RPG with Xbox. He leaked the first details of Pentiment/South of Midnight. He leaked Toys for Bob working with Xbox before it got officialy confirmed. The Wukong thing is quite divisive around here but IGN corroborated. Am i missing something?

Midori can get fucked, though.

Alex just said like a week ago that there are no plans for the VII games to come to Xbox. I do not think things have changed in the past week, and even if they did, it's extremely unlikely Jez has been given that information instantly.

He's just making an easy called shot so he can claim he was "right" if/when one of those games (probably XVI) gets announced for Xbox next year.
He said they are not in active development, but that they will come eventually.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Jez was the one who said Capcom and MS were talking to bring the Capcom Fighters to Xbox and those got announced not too long ago.

Alex just said like a week ago that there are no plans for the VII games to come to Xbox. I do not think things have changed in the past week, and even if they did, it's extremely unlikely Jez has been given that information instantly.

He's just making an easy called shot so he can claim he was "right" if/when one of those games (probably XVI) gets announced for Xbox next year.

Aug 29, 2024
If it's the person I'm thinking of, they got exposed for using the alias of a Japanese women to, I guess, cover themselves or…something? But they eventually admitted to being some dude who was a leaker previously or something. It was very weird
They were a leaker formerly known in the Atlus community as a bad actor, Midori was their rebranding idea for clout because "Asian women who are into the same things as me the median gamer" get attention

Bláthanna

Banned
Feb 15, 2023
Ireland
Came for the hope of a gamepass addition.

Stay for what the hell is going on here lol
This is a good thread on it if you want to go down the rabbit hole, although a lot of the tweets have seemingly been removed.
www.resetera.com

Video Game leaker Midori admits to being a fake persona of MysticDistance, will stop leaking (this time frfr)

https://x.com/MbKKssTBhz5/status/1801044892300267796 Lots of stuff to unpack but basically a pastebin popped up on twitter that had some proof that Midori was this MysticDistance person and after an hour or so they admitted it, won't link it since it's kinda weirdly written and it doxxes the...
The jist of it is that a guy used a fake persona of a Japanese woman to share leaks, and get up to other unsavoury activities, such as threatening a user on this site (Imran) to feed them leaks.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense to try and make the third FF7 game as big an event as possible by being on Xbox and Steam and possibly Nintendo day one. If that's the plan then they need to start laying the ground work. (They've got plenty of time)

I finish Remake and Rebirth recently on PS5 but I haven't got around to FF16 yet. Would be nice if it and the pixel remasters popped up on Gamepass.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): Console war trolling
Do you guys really have to post this?
My posting this or not will not change the outcome and besides what is wrong with my post? JRPG's predominantly have not sold well on Xbox it's one of the reasons why these FF games were not on it in the first place. How it's going to perform sales wise is the most interesting thing for me as it will determine future SE moves.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
So he's speculating based on what he thinks Square is gonna do and people are treating it like he actually knows.
I dunno. Would not be the first time people are wrong about ports and what is or is not coming to Xbox. I don't doubt they announce the remakes without them being in active development lol

My posting this or not will not change the outcome and besides what is wrong with my post? JRPG's predominantly have not sold well on Xbox it's one of the reasons why these FF games were not on it in the first place. How it's going to perform sales wise is the most interesting thing for me as it will determine future SE moves.
i think that if they didn't sell there wouldn't be many of them getting ported without game pass deals.
ofc they sell less than other consoles/pc tho

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

He is inconsistent at best. Remember when Jez claimed in December that Xbox was not porting their games to PlayStation and it was just delusional thinking (or something along those lines). And then changed his stance after more credible people said it was happening?

Or how Halo Wars 2 was coming to Steam? Gears of War Collection is coming for how many years now? The stuff he seems to get right come from a more reliable source then he "backs it up"

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
He is inconsistent at best. Remember when Jez claimed in December that Xbox was not porting their games to PlayStation and it was just delusional thinking (or something along those lines). And then changed his stance after more credible people said it was happening?

Or how Halo Wars 2 was coming to Steam? Gears of War Collection is coming for how many years now? The stuff he seems to get right come from a more reliable source then he "backs it up"
He didn't say Halo Wars 2 was coming to Steam. He also consisntely said that the Gears of War Collection never existed.

The multiplatform thing was embarrassing but he quickly digged more into it and ever since then has been consistent with what is being announced and coming. He was the first to say Indy was the game getting announced at Gamescom.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
Of course they are. I can see some stuff being announced at the TGS stream this month.

Also, besides his fanboyism and terribly embarrassing stuff during the multiplatform/activision being bought stuff, can someone point me out to when Jez was wrong recently with his leaks (or even before)? He said it wasn't FH5 being announced at Gamescom and it was Indiana Jones and it was, he said MS was working with Capcom on the MT framework issues and they were (the fighting game collections got confirmed for Xbox, even), he also originally leaked Towerborne, Contraband, Ara: History Untold and Brass Lion working on an action RPG with Xbox. He leaked the first details of Pentiment/South of Midnight. He leaked Toys for Bob working with Xbox before it got officialy confirmed. The Wukong thing is quite divisive around here but IGN corroborated. Am i missing something?

Midori can get fucked, though.

He said they are not in active development, but that they will come eventually.
Don't forget leaking Clockwork too

Krazie

Jun 6, 2022

Not to defend him, but he's been pretty adamant to not have any knowledge of a GOW collection existing for years.

That's Nick on that one.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
A time frame is really the only thing worth hearing, like we already know Square are wanting to release on more platforms (Switch 2/whatever it gets called will also probably have them coming soon™️), so you'd hope their biggest games would be apart of that, but like we knew the PC version were coming and they took like almost 18 months or something when they got paid just for 6 months.

xenosys83

Mar 19, 2024
Sqaure Enix have already confirmed they're now going to be adopting an aggressive multi-platform strategy going forward like Capcom, so this doesn't surprise me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see XVI on the Xbox next year, and Remake/Rebirth on the Switch 2, Xbox and PC next year.

The problem with Part 3 of the Remake series is the potential exclusivity arrangement they still have with Sony. If you're releasing 2 parts of a trilogy to every platform under the sun, you WANT Part 3 to be available to those same consumers DAY ONE.

Having non-PS owners play 2 parts of a trilogy and then have to wait it out for the conclusion is a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. Would not be the first time people are wrong about ports and what is or is not coming to Xbox.

Here's the way I see it. Square is absolutely arcing toward releasing their games on more platforms. The CEO literally said they are. But going 'EVERYTHING IS COMING TO XBOX' is probably a foolish way to present that information, because it makes it sound like Square is just gonna dump all of their stuff on Xbox all at once, which they absolutely will not do.

You might see the Pixel Remaster Collection get dropped in one go, or XVI get dropped by itself, but all of the PRs, XVI, and multiple VIIR games all at once? There's not even a big audience for JRPGs on Xbox, and all you would get from doing that is self-cannibalization of the few people on the platform who A) actually like JRPGs and B) haven't played the games anywhere else they came out, causing them all to do worse than they would do if they were dropped at separate times. Especially if they're stupid enough to put them all on Game Pass.

I also think there is likely still some kind of deal in place for VIIR Part 3, and you likely will not see the VIIR saga hit other consoles until that deal has fully expired, in order to keep consumers from getting the wrong impression about where VIIR3 will launch day one.

It's also likely that Square is really hungry for that Nintendo-gamer money rather than Xbox gamer money, and so expecting news on a full-on shift in strategy before the Switch 2 is even revealed just feels premature.

xenosys83

Mar 19, 2024
Yeah that's not happening IMO. They would have to port two massive games at the same time and give one away for free. Who does that?

The only way it's going to happen if they will port Remake first and sell it for a while and after that port Rebirth and offer Remake as pre-order incentive, the same way they did it on PS.

Remake on Gamepass, with Rebirth a $60-70 game?

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
And you had an even better source in Alex Donaldson say there are no ports currently in development, but does say they will eventually happen. But we all knew that.
www.resetera.com

Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda + ABK |OT31| Perfect Doom Microsoft - Activision/Blizzard - OT

I'll go ahead and just outright say that to my knowledge, there is presently no active development on an Xbox version of Remake or Rebirth. They will obviously eventually do it. But as far as being in active port development now, to my understanding, which I am quite confident in, they are not...
Alex is genuinely worth listening to about this. Jez and fucking Midori are not.

To be absolutely clear, not no ports in development. Some, I'm sure, are! Some are totally sooner. But what I'm cautioning against is expecting all of these to come soon. I think the problem with a leak like this is the instant expectation - we've seen some of it in this thread of, "well, these will all be announced at TGS, that makes sense, and be out soon after". And to that, like, not so much.

What has happened: SE has softened its stance and they have decided, internally, that pretty much everything will come to Xbox (there will be random exceptions for myriad reasons, but broadly, the 'defacto' SE exclusivity is coming to an end and you'll see them take a more Capcom-like approach). But that doesn't mean that everything is in development right now.

Personally, I would expect to see the Pixel Remasters soonest, and I would expect to see 16 at some point later. These are the ones where I do believe there are Xbox versions up and running at SE.. But the 7 games are the ones where I don't think they're really engaging with work on ports just yet.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Here's the way I see it. Square is absolutely arcing toward releasing their games on more platforms. The CEO literally said they are. But going 'EVERYTHING IS COMING TO XBOX' is probably a foolish way to present that information, because it makes it sound like Square is just gonna dump all of their stuff on Xbox all at once, which they absolutely will not do.

You might see the Pixel Remaster Collection get dropped in one go, or XVI get dropped by itself, but all of the PRs, XVI, and multiple VIIR games all at once? There's not even a big audience for JRPGs on Xbox, and all you would get from doing that is self-cannibalization of the few people on the platform who A) actually like JRPGs and B) haven't played the games anywhere else they came out, causing them all to do worse than they would do if they were dropped at separate times. Especially if they're stupid enough to put them all on Game Pass.

I also think there is likely still some kind of deal in place for VIIR Part 3, and you likely will not see the VIIR saga hit other consoles until that deal has fully expired, in order to keep consumers from getting the wrong impression about where VIIR3 will launch day one.

It's also likely that Square is really hungry for that Nintendo-gamer money rather than Xbox gamer money, and so expecting news on a full-on shift in strategy before the Switch 2 is even revealed just feels premature.
I don't think they are dumping all their stuff at once. I do think all Final Fantasy games are coming because they're high profile - and i don't doubt they would announce a bunch of them (even if they are far apart) as some kind of deal with Xbox.

It's really not that absurd.

gamewhoopr

Dec 10, 2018
Having Final Fantasy XVI and the VII remakes on Xbox would be nice, and should have been what Square-Enix did from the beginning.

The Pixel Remasters have a home on my Switch already and are ideal to play handheld. I can't see those garnering much interest/sales on Xbox, so I do hope Square-Enix gets the GamePass moneybags for them.

Maybe games like Star Ocean and Visions of Mana that have underperformed could come to GamePass as well?

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
I want more people to play FFXVI and the remake games, so this is great
Rebirth is my GOTY for sure

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
To be absolutely clear, not none. Some are totally sooner. But what I'm cautioning against is expecting all of these to come soon.

What has happened: SE has softened its stance and they have decided, internally, that pretty much everything will come to Xbox (there will be random exceptions for whatever reason). But that doesn't mean that stuff is in development right now.

Personally, I would expect to see the Pixel Remasters soonest, and I would expect to see 16 at some point later. These are the ones where I do believe there are Xbox versions up and running at SE.. But the 7 games are the ones where I don't think they're really engaging with work on ports just yet.

Yeah. You and I are basically aligned on this, as my last post just before yours indicates.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Good news, I'm not an Xbox owner but I am sort of a hard-line hardware-agnostic, so the more games on the more platforms, the better.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
To be absolutely clear, not no ports in development. Some, I'm sure, are! Some are totally sooner. But what I'm cautioning against is expecting all of these to come soon. I think the problem with a leak like this is the instant expectation - we've seen some of it in this thread of, "well, these will all be announced at TGS, that makes sense, and be out soon after". And to that, like, not so much.

What has happened: SE has softened its stance and they have decided, internally, that pretty much everything will come to Xbox (there will be random exceptions for whatever reason). But that doesn't mean that stuff is in development right now.

Heck, I wouldn't bet on Rebirth PC port having started yet.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018

Jez even said in his podcast that he expected FF16 and the Pixel Remasters up front and FF7 in a Later wave.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Having Final Fantasy XVI and the VII remakes on Xbox would be nice, and should have been what Square-Enix did from the beginning.

The Pixel Remasters have a home on my Switch already and are ideal to play handheld. I can't see those garnering much interest/sales on Xbox, so I do hope Square-Enix gets the GamePass moneybags for them.

Maybe games like Star Ocean and Visions of Mana that have underperformed could come to GamePass as well?
Visions of Mana just came out, so very unlikely. Star Ocean The Divine Force was already on Playstation Plus so it is just a matter of time before it will be on Game PAss

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they are dumping all their stuff at once. I do think all Final Fantasy games are coming because they're high profile - and i don't doubt they would announce a bunch of them (even if they are far apart) as some kind of deal with Xbox.

It's really not that absurd.

I think Square really wants to make money off of Nintendo consumers and they'll go "oh we're also releasing on Xbox as well" offhandedly once the ports of games to Switch 2 start being announced. And I expect those announcements to start (but not drop all at once) relatively soon after Switch 2 is announced.

VIIR stuff won't happen until part 3 is out, though.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Not negating Jez links to the industry, but the Capcom MVC Xbox fiasco was way different. As we all know, Capcom and MS have a better relationship than Square and MS. It was weird to see these games skip Xbox. Then the MT Framework info came out and things started to make sense. It was inevitable for these games to eventually hit Xbox after MS corrected their issues.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
I think Square really wants to make money off of Nintendo consumers and they'll go "oh we're also releasing on Xbox as well" offhandedly once the ports of games to Switch 2 start being announced. And I expect those announcements to start (but not drop all at once) relatively soon after Switch 2 is announced.
We'll see. We're talking about FF Pixel remasters, remake and FFXVI here. the first is already on switch. FFXVI is probably getting announced at some xbox event (that it's getting ported). No idea on the remakes.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
He didn't say Halo Wars 2 was coming to Steam. He also consisntely said that the Gears of War Collection never existed.

The multiplatform thing was embarrassing but he quickly digged more into it and ever since then has been consistent with what is being announced and coming. He was the first to say Indy was the game getting announced at Gamescom.

Not to defend him, but he's been pretty adamant to not have any knowledge of a GOW collection existing for years.

That's Nick on that one.
Ok mixing him up with Nick on GOW collection. But my stance still stands. If I were to searching Reddit for Jez Corden, I am very confident I would find 50/50 accuracy and/or him only "backing up" rumors and leaks after someone like Jason reports on something

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
I can't see it moving the needle. I feel like most people that want FF gave up hope of it showing up on Xbox again and had already migrated over. Good for the people still waiting over there though, even better if it shows up in gamepass.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Jez and Midori is a doozy of a combo lol I thought Midori quit after getting caught out but I guess as proven before this leaker business is like drugs to these peeps, they can't let go.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
I could definitely see Pixel Remaster and FF XVI being announced maybe at their TGS showing; I still think we won't see FF7 remake and rebirth until the trilogy is completed on PlayStation first.

Just my 2 cents. Also jez and midori is a wild insider combo; a mountain of salt is guaranteed with those two!!!

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Midori/Ryan from the Bronx (... is this more LARPing?) was wrong about SE stuff, though this is the sort of thing that probably happens anyway.

EDIT: I combined ImAHeroToo/forget the name of their second account (who was spectacularly wrong about SE stuff) with Midori in my brain accidentally. I feel like others in the thread did too.
Truth be told I'm convinced that ImAHeroToo is just another Midori account but I also acknowledge that there's not much in the way of evidence to that, just vibes