• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Yakuza was shown running on Xbox Series X.
Is this your first time you noticed embargos? It's about giving the outlets time to check out features, games and all that without being under pressure that the competition are putting out clickbait articles before you have written yours. That's pretty straightforward and they aren't hidding anything. There's nothing weird about it.

Embargos are imposed gag orders for journalists/reviewers, they're aware of what they can/can't say and when they'll be able to talk about it. This wasn't an embargo, which is exactly what I pointed out. They weren't under an "embargo". they literally tried to play games like Halo 5 and the console would straight up not allow them to. This wasn't an embargo since they acknowledged they attempted to play the games and stated they found it odd that MS prevented the console from even running games that people would naturally be curious about playing... like major XB1 exclusive Halo 5.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Embargos are imposed gag orders for journalists/reviewers, they're aware of what they can/can't say and when they'll be able to talk about it. This wasn't an embargo, which is exactly what I pointed out. They weren't under an "embargo". they literally tried to play games like Halo 5 and the console would straight up not allow them to. This wasn't an embargo since they acknowledged they attempted to play the games and stated they found it odd that MS prevented the console from even running games that people would naturally be curious about playing... like major XB1 exclusive Halo 5.
I already said they restricted the games they can play and there is definitely an embargo (or should I say there was a embargo in place) for enhanced BC games for example. That's business as usual. We know Halo 5 will get the auto HDR, thus it comes probably down to enhanced BC games not being available for them a few days before the embargo lifted.

Which is fair considering IGN broke the embargo with their storage of the Xbox Series X shown (802GB usable) and someone on youtube making a "Not an unboxing" video, because unboxing are not allowed yet. Thus just restricting what can be played prevents breaking embargos better than just telling those people about embargos. You can't leak something far in advance, when you can't test it far in advance.
highresrollsafe.jpg

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
I can't even comprehend how that game will work with only a controller.

I imagine it will end up "early access" with keyboard support before an actual release
I played the PC version for 2 weeks with just an xbox controller, it fine for the most part. The challenges is when you need to change the autopilot or something else on the main dashboard. Flags, gears, trim, flight controls etc. all was fine on the xbox controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.