• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say for all the shit I hear about US food from UK folk, that y'all have a store for our shit junk food is pretty damn weird. That said the Reese's cereal is the best thing in that store. After that it's the standard goldfish bag.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Lmao I never thought about other countries having a US food store. Are US food restaurants a thing too?

Yes we do.
olearys.se

O’Learys “Where the fans meet” More than just a sportsbar. Explore the menu and other activities online!

Welcome to O’Learys an american sportsbar where good food and drinks are served in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. We offer a sports restaurant with bowling, shuffleboard, billiards and much more.. Book online now!

Got an aisle of American food like Mac n cheese and sodas etc at the store next to me too.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Every American college frat party/high school party movie ever. Can't party without red cups (and sometimes blue!)
Yeah lmao I worked at Walmart in a college town and there was always some frat looking dude going "ayy where's the solo cups" when I worked paper goods

I do believe the lines in the cups actually represent different measurements (lile a shot, a beer, a glass of wine, etc) so there's that too

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair the pokemon cereal is absolutely terrible.

That Reese's Puff cereal though, you owe it to yourself to try it.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва

Get these, they are absolutely stuffed with sugar and will probably be a sensory overload (as will most of the things pictured) but they are crack. Like literally they must have some drug in them idk idk every time I see a box I start shaking dude, it's that bad

Oct 25, 2017
Don't underrate Middle Eastern junk food... I lost 30 pounds/15 kg when I moved back to Canada, and I wasn't even overweight. The obesity rate there is even higher than the US.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I love how America acts like everyone in Canada loves it like a staple chip. Not really, just an exclusive flavor that gets a lot of attention. No one even talks about dill pickle, which I think is also an exclusive flavor? But yeah most people I knew growing up loved stuff like bbq as their favorite flavor.
Interestingly we just got a summer mix at Trader Joes and it has both ketchup and dill pickle. I don't think I had those flavors before.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Cut up some bacon, roast some tomatoes, and toss it into Annie's instant mac & cheese. It's so good.

You can also try throwing in black pepper with green onions and ground pork.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I appreciate the subtle dig at The Economist by placing alongside the rest of the junk.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
...These are American foods? I always just assumed these were worldwide things. You can't just walk into a grocery store in the UK and buy Oreos??

Oreos are king, btw.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
The fact that Vanilla Coke can only be found overseas is a borderline crime. It was in every convenience store in Australia and I found more Vanilla Coke in Tokyo 7/11s than I ever have across the entire Eastern Seaboard.

The only place I found Vanilla Coke in the US was a local liquor store in Pacific Beach, San Diego when I used to live there.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The fact that Vanilla Coke can only be found overseas is a borderline crime. It was in every convenience store in Australia and I found more Vanilla Coke in Tokyo 7/11s than I ever have across the entire Eastern Seaboard.

The only place I found Vanilla Coke in the US was a local liquor store in Pacific Beach, San Diego when I used to live there.
They only sell them in 24 packs in my grocery store. It's fucking bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
We have a lot of processed junk food but very few parts of the US have the kind of awesome street food snacks that many countries have. It's not a great trade.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
There's a surprising lack of Slim Jim's, Beef Jerky, and Monster Energy.
It'd be cool if they carried some Tastykake Krimpets and other regional favorites.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Get these, they are absolutely stuffed with sugar and will probably be a sensory overload (as will most of the things pictured) but they are crack. Like literally they must have some drug in them idk idk every time I see a box I start shaking dude, it's that bad
Can confirm these have literal crack in them.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
not to be a buzzkill, but i feel like this is generic stuff from american brands you could find almost anywhere? like it's all fairly old and established product - hardly anything new or limited edition.

your average american store has like all these brands, but with x1000 more variety.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
God, the fucking Hornel Chili.

Just the fucking worst, you need to chop up an onion and saute it first before it becomes even remotely edible.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I had Doritos and Mountain Dew for lunch a solid two years straight in middle school. I still indulge on occasion. I think my favorite junk food today is the cheese or queso dip sold in jars in the chip isle of most grocery stores, that with some tortilla chips is the best thing ever. Tostitos brand or generic it doesn't really matter.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at the Valentina sauce being there. Wouldn't really consider that American but okay. (Try it on popcorn though, that's the Good Shit)

Also, OP I hope you picked up some Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy BBQ. That stuff is GOATed.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
I have recently been shopping at a new place I found in London

ExX3BeX.jpg

American food is just amazing, even when its what we'd call junk food.

9wlw0Ak.jpeg

cP8draa.jpeg

walFWsN.jpeg

meUPksO.jpeg

HOb5GoU.jpeg

So I have been trying some US food. This was last week

nA4dAZv.jpg

The Vanilla Coke is delicious. The pop tarts sort of tasted like stale biscuits, but they've grown on me. The cereal is absolutely atrocious and I can't believe you all eat such things. Possible the most artificial thing I've ever tasted.

Recommend me junk US era! I wanna try it all.
Looks like the ninth circle of super-processed Hell to me.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Legit lol'd seeing those dumb red cups.

Why are they being sold at the American food store? There's literally nothing special about said cups.
Solo cups have a reputation outside of the US. I worked at a company that had Austrian owners and whenever people from Austrian HQ would show up, they would legit brag about how cool it was when they brought home a pack of those infamous red solo cups you see in all the cool american movies.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have Oreos or a version of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the UK? It's very weird to see those at an import shop because I assumed you had those already over in the UK.

I haven't seen Vanilla Coke in my area in years. And I've NEVER seen that Pokémon cereal.

It's very weird how they have Windex, Lysol, laundry detergent, and Irish Spring soap right next to the food.

But get some of those Hidden Valley Ranch packets because according to TikTok, ranch isn't really a thing in the UK and most of you have never had it.

Argos7

Nov 20, 2020
I thought Fanta was some Euro or South American thing? At least going by the commercials before movies at the theater that seem dubbed in english.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
You don't have Oreos or a version of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the UK? It's very weird to see those at an import shop because I assumed you had those already over in the UK.

Yes to both, but AFAIK the Mac and Cheese isn't the same as what you get in the States for some reason. As for ranch dressing, it looks like the Newman's Own stuff is about the only one for sale over here. It's strange, because I could have sworn it used to be more commonly available.

EDIT: A quick check suggests that the Mac and Cheese might not even be available any more.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017

I haven't seen Vanilla Coke in my area in years. And I've NEVER seen that Pokémon cereal.

It's very weird how they have Windex, Lysol, laundry detergent, and Irish Spring soap right next to the food.

But get some of those Hidden Valley Ranch packets because according to TikTok, ranch isn't really a thing in the UK and most of you have never had it.
Oreos yes, Kraft no. Though I've been told American Oreos are better than the ones we get.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
2018_9_29_3050_001.jpg

If yall ever find this at your local asian market, you should definitely try it. So fucking good. Probably best chips I've tried that can replicate what instant ramen taste like.