Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA definitely wins on quantity, and since junk is the goal, quantity is quality in this category.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh that store is embarrassing as hell for americans. Absolute trash food except maybe the Oreos.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Why are 2 bottles of Windex sandwiched between some Jiff peanut butter and Hersheys syrup at an American Food Store in that last picture?

Protip: don't eat Windex

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah this was what I got today

ySveJBi.jpg

Strawberry fanta is amazing
Good choices, but Mike and Ike is the devil

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
As someone who still eats a lot of junk food into my 30s, even I don't eat most of those "fruity"/marshmallow cereals anymore. I was intrigued recently by the Dunkin Donuts caramel macchiato cereal, but was disappointed by how many shitty marshmallows it had.

If you want US cereal reccommendations, I'd go with like Golden Grahams, Frosted Flakes, or Cocoa Puffs/Krispies. Cinnamon Toast Crunch on rare occasions but it's too much to have regularly. That said right now I have a box of the Dulce de Leche Toast Crunch spin-off, lol. Ooh, or the Hershey's Cookies 'n Cream cereal if you can find that. Loved that one, but I haven't seen it in a long time now. The Dippin' Dots version was disappointing.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They used to do it normally, but they went to a sugar free only version recently, which is garbage. That was my original reason for seeking out the shop in the first place.
Ah, I feel you. Zero and Light Coke are chemical crap. Imo either drink regular and moderate yourself or don't drink it at all.

We had the same situation for a while here in the Netherlands where vanilla coke was first only available in cans, then not at all and since a few years it's available in 1 liter bottles. I live close to Germany, so I went shopping there from time to time to stock up on it during the dark times.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
That just looks like any grocery store I've been to lol

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely accurate
Cocoa Pebbles are the alpha omega
I raise you fruity pebbles with the milk added first *and only for this particular cereal to prevent them going soggy lol*

Works pretty well since they basically float so you just kinda break the surface with the spoon then scoop up

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Junk food in Asia region is the most creative and tasty I've found. US junk food is just mountains of sugar. The only consistently good junk food I've found in the US is potato chips.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think only a British person could think highly of American junk food. Junk food is better in most countries other than the U.S. America does tend to come up with crazy ideas, that's true, but when other countries pick it up, they do it with better ingredients.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Except for maybe a couple brands/flavors, this could just be called "Canadian Food Store (of snacks n condiments)".

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Hot Cheetos and Goldfish are a must-buy if you want some snack food. Also something about seeing Irish Spring soap sold in an American store in London makes me giggle.

Not going to lie, as an American, it is abhorrently awful but I have a soft spot for Hormel Chili.

While it is edible direct out of the can, I do recommend heating it up before eating (pan, not microwave) if you brave it. Can mix in some shredded cheese and diced white onion to elevate it a little bit, too.

All canned chili is of questionable quality and I definitely wouldn't eat it by itself, but they're the GOAT when making chili dogs.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
The most "American food" thing that store captures is the unnecessary variety.

There's what, five different kinds of peanut butter? LOL.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I like garbage, but that is not my kind of garbage

there's nothing I hate more than cereal marshmallows

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I found this shit at a Quiznos while I was in Lousiana.
Kill me now I must find a way to import them:

miss_vickies_jalapeno_40g.png

Theres gotta be something that tastes similar to this outside the US right right?

Even worse I lived pretty close to a gas station....and a bar so anytime I was lets say tipsy id stop at the gas station and loadup on half of everything they had.
How Americans manage to not be constantly eating is beyond me.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, as an American, it is abhorrently awful but I have a soft spot for Hormel Chili.

While it is edible direct out of the can, I do recommend heating it up before eating (pan, not microwave) if you brave it. Can mix in some shredded cheese and diced white onion to elevate it a little bit, too.
Brought me back to many a Friday night growing up lol. We put hot dog pieces in ours along with jalapenos and cheese. So good.

Jul 1, 2020
Seeing the Miracle Whip next to the Fluff makes me laugh for some reason because the Fluff is in the correct context (near peanut butter) and the Miracle Whip definitely isn't. Fluff is a marshmallow like creme usually put on white bread with peanut butter and Miracle Whip is a divisive mayonaise substitute.