• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which spoiler policy do you prefer going forward?

• Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and book spoilers should be tagged

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and strictly no book discussion in the thread

Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Why are these episodes not full 60 minutes?
It's a streaming show they can be 60 mins including credits.

Jan 29, 2018
Damn these fly by. We barely got to check in with Holden and Avasrala. I thought that Secretary of Transportation guy was going to resign then and there to elevate her to Secretary General.

Also poor Drummer, definitely realizing what Filip's slip meant.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, these episodes go by so fast and only four left in the season. I need moar

It was good to see the power armor again.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
It was ok. Definitely one of the weaker episodes. I feel like very little actually happened.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
It was a good episode. Makes the investment in the storylines more profound and important in the long run by investing time in the relationship for Amos and Clarissa.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
These episodes go by too quickly. That animation with Clarissa was janky and B-tier horror film lol. They could have done better. However, very interested on where this Clarissa and Amos storyline go.
I thought Draper's speed cruiser got rid of its core last episode? Im confused on how they just sped off.

Marcos gonna end up doing something drastic to his son, cuz his son finna flip seeing and hearing his mom's stories.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks for confirming that. I was thinking it was like Star Trek and the warp core was ejected.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Chrissy has some interesting contacts.

chrissy_by_edmonddantes9285_debqwqa-pre.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Really like the dilemma Marco has put the other belters in, I read so much fiction where you see characters make what is clearly the wrong choice to have the story progress, but here they've really come up with a great catch-22 situation.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
While I liked the episode, I think it's high time that some of the different story lines meet up again (for good). We currently have, what, six parallel plotlines? (Holden, Amos, Alex, Naomi, Avasarala, Drummer) That's a bit much when it's going on longer, no wonder there's scarcely time left for each of them.

Jan 29, 2018
While I liked the episode, I think it's high time that some of the different story lines meet up again (for good). We currently have, what, six parallel plotlines? (Holden, Amos, Alex, Naomi, Avasarala, Drummer) That's a bit much when it's going on longer, no wonder there's scarcely time left for each of them.

I kinda agree. It was great to get so many perspectives on things in the book, but on TV it means you only get a few minutes with each storyline each week. It can feel like we're just inching forward. I almost forgot that we got a cool action scene with Alex & Bobbie because it didn't advance the plot at all, and then we didn't see them again.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Marco Inaros is a very good antagonist. A lot of the time in shows with terrorist groups, the leader is always a chode that you wonder why anyone is following him. I can totally see why the belters are rallying around Marco even when he seems to be becoming unhinged with his inner circle.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Clarissa part was so damn weird.
When the FUCK is the crew gonna get together again? I miss their hijinks and adventures

Oct 30, 2017
so about Bobby and Alex... I assumed "dumping core" to destroy the missile that was chasing them was dumping the engine/reactor, meaning they'd be adrift afterwards. But then after their little prank Alex had the ship speed away like they were fine all along. can anyone explain?

Jan 29, 2018
so about Bobby and Alex... I assumed "dumping core" to destroy the missile that was chasing them was dumping the engine/reactor, meaning they'd be adrift afterwards. But then after their little prank Alex had the ship speed away like they were fine all along. can anyone explain?
Explained on the aftershow: dumping core is ejects the fuel/gas currently in the reactor, not the engine or reactor itself. They can restart the reactor, but it's not instantaneous and they have to hope the enemy thinks the torpedo did the job.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've gathered, the ships' fusion reactors start a fusion reaction with a ball of plasma and just work on maintaining the fusion process to get the energy. What they dump is that ball of hot plasma. When they turn on their engine again the process is restarted, they spend some more fuel to start the fusion process and everything goes as intended

Forgrim

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
...Gregory Clegane??

SHE KNOWS THE MOUNTAIN??

and btw, I couldn't figure out the fake 'kid'...was that a body?

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
That fucking suplex by Amos got me out of my seat then rolling.
I need a GTFO gif from that.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Found that episode fairly... boring. I just don't like any Amos stuff.

Why are these episodes not full 60 minutes?
It's a streaming show they can be 60 mins including credits.

An episode is as long as it needs to be to tell the story presented. If you want longer episodes it means the content provided makes you want more... a good thing. If it was longer with some filler junk just padding out length because why not, you'd say it had filler junk... a bad thing.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I thought that was a sweet moment at the end when Amos realized he needs to get back to Holden ASAP. They could've had him get mad at Clarissa for criticizing his method of protecting her, but instead he realized she's right and that's not who he wants to be.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I thought that was a sweet moment at the end when Amos realized he needs to get back to Holden ASAP. They could've had him get mad at Clarissa for criticizing his method of protecting her, but instead he realized she's right and that's not who he wants to be.

Agreed. Amos knows he's a monster when he doesn't have someone like Holden or Naomi acting as his conscience.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the episode and the slow burn. Clarissa's anime attack was weird but it got the point across. Also not sure why Amos expected crazy dude to be reasonable....that's not how Amos usually thinks.

Avasarala's actress (Shoreh Aghdashloo) proves why she is the best actor on the show in the opening scene. Masterful.

Even though I sorely miss Klaes "Ghost Knife of Callisto" Ashford, his presence is felt in every belter scene. Such a badass legend. On that note, Camina Drummer is such a fantastic character. It's incredible how when she was first introduced, I took her for a two-bit side villain who will be offed by the season end. But now she is absolutely one of my favorite characters. This show is really something. I also like the fact that her crew feels like living, breathing humans instead of throwaway red shirts. And yeah, Marco is totally a piece of shit trying to kill Drummer now.

I liked Naomi much more this episode. This is how she should have been from the start. I can't wait for the OG crew to reunite.

teseR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the episode and the slow burn. Clarissa's anime attack was weird but it got the point across. Also not sure why Amos expected crazy dude to be reasonable....that's not how Amos usually thinks.

Avasarala's actress (Shoreh Aghdashloo) proves why she is the best actor on the show in the opening scene. Masterful.

Even though I sorely miss Klaes "Ghost Knife of Callisto" Ashford, his presence is felt in every belter scene. Such a badass legend. On that note, Camina Drummer is such a fantastic character. It's incredible how when she was first introduced, I took her for a two-bit side villain who will be offed by the season end. But now she is absolutely one of my favorite characters. This show is really something. I also like the fact that her crew feels like living, breathing humans instead of throwaway red shirts. And yeah, Marco is totally a piece of shit trying to kill Drummer now.

I liked Naomi much more this episode. This is how she should have been from the start. I can't wait for the OG crew to reunite.

There is someting about Drummers actress that I find pretty charismatic/ likeable but I cannot put my finger on it.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
There is someting about Drummers actress that I find pretty charismatic/ likeable but I cannot put my finger on it.
All the main Belters were impressively cast in my opinion. Dawes, Johnson, Naomi, Ashford and Drummer. I find Marco's actor grating lol. I know what he's trying to accomplish. But the actor does not quite fully seal it for me.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
This show is so good. I wish they were able to do more than one final season next year.

Oct 25, 2017

This. Very powerful ending.
Amos is such a great character. Though I feel the same about Drummer.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think he did expect him to be reasonable, he knew how that type of person would act. I don't know what his exit strategy was, but even Clarissa pointed out that he knew things were going to end up in a confrontation like that, so he effectively went out of his way to murder him.

Oct 27, 2017
also, as shown in the final scene, Amos is realizing that being this far away from his crew is affecting his decision making skills. he's doing things without the moral core of the people around him. going into that compound without an exit strategy with the intention of murdering the guy is basically showing this.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why Amos has latched onto Clarissa, maybe because they completely skipped the two of them meeting and bonding. I get that they're trying to make it out like he wants to be like Lydia to her since he somehow sees himself in her, but then they have this very abrupt moment where she's obviously not like him at all. Because of course, she never was and never would be, that was clear from the beginning.