• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which spoiler policy do you prefer going forward?

• Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and book spoilers should be tagged

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and strictly no book discussion in the thread

Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Oh I thought that panel was tomorrow. Hopefully trailer incoming soon.

Bittersweet being the final season. I still hope they have some sort of adaptation planned for books 7-9.

I'm genuinely surprised how much of the stuff setting up 7-9 they seem to be including while, at least publicly, not planning on adapting those. Really interested to see how they'll keep it from feeling like there are huge unresolved points at the end, while also hoping they're at least thinking about doing a couple of movies or something to wrap things up.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised how much of the stuff setting up 7-9 they seem to be including while, at least publicly, not planning on adapting those. Really interested to see how they'll keep it from feeling like there are huge unresolved points at the end, while also hoping they're at least thinking about doing a couple of movies or something to wrap things up.
On the Ty and That Guy podcast, Ty Franck keeps being coy about adapting books 7-9. I don't think there are any concrete plans, but I think there's *something* cooking.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on the show now. Read through book 6, I'll see if I can blaze through books 7 and 8 in the month left before 9 drops.

Overall, the show is a net improvement over the books if you ask me, though it does insert a lot more drama between crew members. It takes full advantage of having been written later by planning out the story arcs together better. Drummer is arguably the dopest character in the whole thing. TV Ashford is about 10 times cooler than I remember book Ashford being. I was totally surprised by who they got to play him but it worked out perfectly. I was also surprised at the casting choice for Murtry but that also worked surprisingly well.

Season 5 (and book 5) are pretty much just...
vin-diesel-i-dont-have-friends.gif