Votes: 700 47.6%
  • Play at launch on Slim/OG

Votes: 353 24.0%
  • Wait until PS5 and play it on that

Votes: 419 28.5%

• Total voters

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
No question about TLOU2, that's a day one game. It'll look beautiful no doubt.

I'm already ducking from spoilers, I don't want to have to do that for too long.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
buying and playing both on PS4, that being said I probably will not have time till Jan 2021 to really dive into both so one may be saved till PS5 just because im busy

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've been able to stave off TLOU2 spoilers up til now, but there's little to no chance that I'll be able to avoid them all the way to October or November.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Both for PS5. I have a launch PS4 and i'm sure it will look fine. The issue for me is I have enough games as it is to play so there is no hurry.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I never finished the original Last of Us so I'm gonna play both of them on PS5 once it comes out.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
Honestly, I'd be comfortable waiting for both. Except I'm not really confident I can avoid TLOU2 spoilers until the holidays.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I am treating Ghost of Tsushima as my Pro's swan song. Any game that releases after July 17th will be played on my PS5. That includes Cyberpunk 2077 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I'll probably work through my backlog while waiting.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really think the experience of playing games at launch is unmatched, so, that. It'll be long enough before PS5 that a replay will be in order.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I was hoping to stay strong and play them on next-gen. However I am weak. Going tomorrow to pre-order TLOU 2.

Not worried at all about performance on my base PS4. Most Sony studios exclusives run rock solid. Full faith in ND (& SuckerPunch).

However I may wait with getting Ghost, since I really want to play that on next-gen / may be busy in summer which will make the wait a bit more bearable. But knowing myself I'll cave in.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Gonna wait for the PS5 since I sold my og PS4 last year and I soured my experience of TLOU by playing it through psnow at 720p+ bad input lag and video compression, never could bring myself to play through it again on ps4 so I don't wanna have the same experience again.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Just too worried about spoilers on Last of Us to not play at launch (on my launch day PS4). Ghosts I will wait for PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
Why not play out? You have no idea what the patches will be like, or if they'd even add anything noteworthy over PS4 Pro. PS5 could get delayed or a PS5 enhanced patch could get delayed past next gen launch too. Who knows, we're in a global pandemic/depression.

i would say play them now, as they were originally designed because you may end up waiting for middling results.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Day one for me. I've been waiting forever, and it isn't like these games don't already look incredible on the PS4/PS4 Pro. That and I sort of want them to be the closing swansongs for the system. A great way to close things out.

Also, rather than have an immediate backlog when I buy the PS5, I'd rather be playing new or next gen games from day one and onwards.

Last edited:

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Day one. It's already been a nightmare trying to dodge spoilers (I've already been spoiled two times, and thankfully they contradict each other so I can trick my mind into thinking they're just bullshit). I can't imagine what it will be like when everybody gets their hands on it and people start discussing them out in the wild. I'd go crazy in the months between the launch of the ps5 and the release of the last of us.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
I have the Death Stranding PS4 Pro, and it is about as silent a console as I've ever experienced. Hmm. (Yes, this includes God of War and Days Gone, etc).

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I'm not keeping up with next gen news, but what makes you think the PS5 won't sound like a jet engine? Both my PS4 and PS4 Pro sounded like that from the start.

I'm expecting a loud console and a garbage controller again until proven otherwise.

Oct 27, 2017
If the wait was one month I'd wait, but since these are coming out several months before PS5 I would just play them, let the time pass until PS5, then play them again on PS5. That's just me, though.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to wait, but there'll be a billion TLOU2 hot take threads on ERA post launch and I doubt I'll be able to remain spoiler free so day 1 it is.

Going to borrow my brother's Pro for both games.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting. They are inevitable and I want to play them at their full 4k glory since I don't have pro. I'm starting with Xbox next gen because if gamepass, so when they come out the ps5 should be easier to find, maybe with a game bundle of whatever the hottest launch title I missed out on.

By then, they will likely be GotY editions too, and LoU2 will likely include the multiplayer spinoff

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Playing both on ps4. Maybe I'll go back to an upgraded version on PS5 one day (I did this with The Last of Us), but for now I just want to play these games as they are. There also are fewer new interesting releases right now and there is a lot of time left to be spent at home with ongoing restrictions outside. That will definitely last through August so it will be great to have this kind of distraction.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TLOU2 is day one on my PS4 Pro, GoT I'll get to it eventually. I've been ready for a TLOU sequel since the first one came our 7 years ago. I day one all Naughty Dog games, that won't change here.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Buy them both and enjoy them now. Tomorrow is not promised. What if you lose your eye sight or catch COVID?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to do them on a ps4 and then ps5 when that comes out. I can't wait that long

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Day one, my backlog is big enough that I'd rather not wait longer than I have to, and also try to avoid spoilers for TLOU2

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
At first I was wait on both but the more I thought about how much I loved last of on ps3 when it came out the more I couldn't resist anymore. I already sold my pro but I'm taking my bro's PS4 slim to play it. I could easily wait on Ghost, ive never liked sucker punches stuff and while I'm interested in Samurai's it actually look wack to play in the latest state of play to me. I will give it chance on ps5 but on sale.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless cyberpunk or deltarune dropped I'm done with games for the year. Too much backlog and I'm trying to stick to free to play stuff and save money,

Ghosts looks up my alley

The_Reckoning

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there is cross buy, I'm day 1 on PS4. Either way, I'll wait to play on my PS5. My pro sounds like a jet engine. It's sad, I doubt I will play on it anymore this gen, due to this.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to wait and play both on PS5 but now I'm just gonna wait with TLOU but GoT looks so awesome I can't wait. I'll probably replay GoT on PS5 anyway.