Who is the most manly man in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Snake

Votes: 176 20.4%
  • Simon Belmont

Votes: 176 20.4%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 328 38.0%
  • Ryu

Votes: 69 8.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 114 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
And then Duck Hunt was added
Oooooor the real reason is the layout is designed to be a strict grid filling in from the left. Duck Hunt came out after the first batch of DLC btw so stages like Suzaku Castle could already be filling that gap which is why they ended up forcing us to split the stages across two screens.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Can someone explain why box theory is incompatible with Geno being there? :)

I'm leaning towards the Vergeben SE leak, since I'm all in for Geno (though, frankly it could be anyone, but I'm rooting for my star boy ✨)
Because there's only room for 2 more base roster characters if we're going by the box theory. We could still get the Square Enix rep, but they'd have to be DLC if the theory pans out.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So since that Isabelle bet was so good let's try it again. Edit: the loosing team must wear an avatar for 2 weeks (nothing NSFW or lewd)

Who wants to be in a community wide bet on the amount of characters.

Team 2

Team more than 2

Team no more characters
I think someone else is already doing this so I'm afraid to double down in case I'm wrong.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm with you. That makes two for Team More Than Two! Anyone else confident enough to pick a side?
Yeah sure, team more than two.
Not that I think that only those two would be disappointing, it'd just feel weird to have the final pre-release Direct have less of a character blowout than the 8.8 one. I'm basing it mostly on that yes, lol.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Are people still believing this Box theory?

Come on guys, why would Sakurai have a massive blow out in August then just trickle out 2 more newcomers and 1 echo fighter?

In 3 months?

Sakurai isn't dumb, he knows what he is doing here to keep people hyped until release

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Come on guys, why would Sakurai have a massive blow out in August then just trickle out 2 more newcomers and 1 echo fighter?

In 3 months?

Sakurai isn't dumb, he knows what he is doing here to keep people hyped until release
Playing Devil's Advocate here, Sakurai could focus on modes & possibly the 5 remaining stages for the last pre-launch Smash Direct & end on a DLC reveal (Ex: Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, the rumored Square Enix rep, etc.).

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
"Incinewhatever lol."
Not my fault if pokemons have different names in each region : P.
I know a lot of French names but barely any English ones.

Anyway. Can't wait for the terrible endin that would make these 2 characters as last (meaning before PAYED DLC though also in the base communication, it would be so funny) ha ha.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Devil's Advocate here, Sakurai could focus on modes & possibly the 5 remaining stages for the last pre-launch Smash Direct & end on a DLC reveal (Ex: Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, the rumored Square Enix rep, etc.).
Yea, I could see that. Maybe the square rep is revealed as the first dlc at the end and is coming sometime in spring.

drclaw411

Mar 22, 2018
I'm just going to bump this so more people can see it! Please quote the original post so TeamLeftMatch can make a note of what side you're on.

As for me, Team More Than Two!

I'm team two, or more specifically, team Ken and Incineroar because of Vergeben and the Box Theory.

Can someone explain why box theory is incompatible with Geno being there? :)

I'm leaning towards the Vergeben SE leak, since I'm all in for Geno (though, frankly it could be anyone, but I'm rooting for my star boy ✨)

Vergeben said Ken and Incineroar, with another SE rep possibly being DLC.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not my fault if pokemons have different names in each region : P.
I know a lot of French names but barely any English ones.

Anyway. Can't wait for the terrible endin that would make these 2 characters as last (meaning before PAYED DLC though also in the base communication, it would be so funny) ha ha.
There could still be more after, it just begs the question why they wouldn't be on the box.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vergeben said that he heard about Ken, Incineroar and a Square Enix Rep. All in the base game.
He never said that he heard that the SE rep is DLC. Affirming that is misinformation.

Vergeben more or less already confirmed be Box Theory. He said the final characters are Ken and Incineroar, with a possible SE rep as DLC.

No he didnt.

drclaw411

Mar 22, 2018

In 3 months?

Vergeben more or less already confirmed the Box Theory. He said the final characters are Ken and Incineroar, with a possible SE rep as DLC.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Vergeben more or less already confirmed be Box Theory. He said the final characters are Ken and Incineroar, with a possible SE rep as DLC.
Not necessarily. While the Box Theory is still logically sound, Vergeben didn't really say if what he knew was it or not, so it could go either way. What he said about the Square Enix rep being DLC is a possibility that could pan out, not something he legit staked his reputation on.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Vergeben said that he heard about Ken, Incineroar and a Square Enix Rep. All in the base game.
He never said that he heard that the SE rep is DLC. Affirming that is misinformation.

No he didnt.
He said he doesn't know about the se rep. I think he heard the last reveal would be the square rep, but assumed that meant launch and not dlc.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I'd definitely bet on more than 2. Revealing 5 for that one Smash direct but only 2 for the next would be odd. Doesn't really matter how focused it is on the new mode, we got a lot information in that one direct outside of characters, and still got 5 reveals.

Although, the possibility of early DLC reveals makes it trickier to guess what will happen.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This whole DLC thing is stupid. Sakurai not only condemned practices like that but right now they would be working their asses off to finish the game. That's why the box theory is bogus. There's also no sign of development being troubled enough that they have to do that and even if the Corocoro leak isn't concrete we still have around 5 stages to show off and I think it will be staged for characters.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He said he doesn't know about the se rep. I think he heard the last reveal would be the square rep, but assumed that meant launch and not dlc.

He explicitely said that he has a solid source for the SE rep that wasn't wrong and that they even told him who that SE rep is (but he didnt want to reveal the name until he had more corroborating sources). Never once he talked about last reveal, timing of the SE reveal or even DLC announcement.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This whole DLC thing is stupid. Sakurai not only condemned practices like that but right now they would be working their asses off to finish the game. That's why the box theory is bogus. There's also no sign of development being troubled enough that they have to do that and even if the Corocoro leak isn't concrete we still have around 5 stages to show off and I think it will be staged for characters.
This is exactly what happened with mewtwo in smash 4.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Are all the Limited Editions sold out? I really want that Steelbook.

I'm not a fan of the controller, since I've already pre-ordered the GC controller and Adapter. Wish that was included instead.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
While I could see the new modes generate a ton of hype, especially if Spirits is a new single player adventure.

I can't see Sakurai doing this, since he seems to mainly use veterans (hence the everyone is here slogan) and newcomers to generate hype.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
There could still be more after, it just begs the question why they wouldn't be on the box.
Like really... ask yourself.
It's the biggest Smash yet and... in te next smash direct (let's say there's only one before release) they go with a joking 1 newcomer and 1 echo ?
Making the previous directs all better ?

And really it wouldn't be the end of the world if all the XX character weren't on the 2 sides of the box.
They can do whatever they want with the box.
For all we know the whole design could be change if they wanted.
I don't belive Sakurai would do something so boring.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime someone asks for a XC2 I internally cringe

That being said, if that guy who leaked it is right, very surprised no new Zelda rep.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I could see the smash direct being something like this

Start with Incineroar fighting Ken revealing both

Sakurai comes on and shows the whole launch roster of 72 in the character select select screen

Transitions into showing the new all star mode, followed by the rest of the options under games & more like homerun contest, stage builder, and ends on the new trophy game

Transition into introducing trophies "the ultimate trophy list" showing some off and ending on one that is a boss character

Transition into spirits mode, spend a great deal of time showing how the mode works, showing how it's the main way to unlock characters

Transition into further expanding on the games online options and how the side bar helps you to better connect with friends or rivals online

Sakurai does his "I hope everyone is looking forward to playing the game" schtick, then does a one last thing, dlc character SE rep

I can see the above taking up about the same length as the last smash direct. Games and more + spirits mode have largely been kept hidden, same with online stuff.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's the biggest Smash yet and... in te next smash direct (let's say there's only one before release) they go with a joking 1 newcomer and 1 echo ?
Maybe sakurai sees incineroar and ken, and the story mode as big enough final reveals.
Mewtwo was announced after Smash 3DS already came out, and by that point he had only just entered development. He didn't come out until April that year.
Well before smash u was out, and he was supposedly planned to be in at launch originally.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They could avoid including the last character reveals on the box exactly to avoid leaks, since box production and shipping seems like an easy way to lead to leaks. It could leave us with two "batches" of announcements left, one for the two blank slots in the box and then one for whatever characters aren't there. If that's happening though, we'd certainly need to get an announcement next month with those two. If there's nothing next month or if only one character gets revealed then the box is certainly the full roster.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I could see the smash direct being something like this

Start with Incineroar fighting Ken revealing both

Sakurai comes on and shows the whole launch roster of 72 in the character select select screen

Transitions into showing the new all star mode, followed by the rest of the options under games & more like homerun contest, stage builder, and ends on the new trophy game

Transition into introducing trophies "the ultimate trophy list" showing some off and ending on one that is a boss character

Transition into spirits mode, spend a great deal of time showing how the mode works, showing how it's the main way to unlock characters

Transition into further expanding on the games online options and how the side bar helps you to better connect with friends or rivals online

Sakurai does his "I hope everyone is looking forward to playing the game" schtick, then does a one last thing, dlc character SE rep

I can see the above taking up about the same length as the last smash direct. Games and more + spirits mode have largely been kept hidden, same with online stuff.
Yea, this is exactly how I think it will go.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Everytime someone asks for a XC2 I internally cringe

That being said, if that guy who leaked it is right, very surprised no new Zelda rep.
I don't see the problem. Xenoblade 2 is a great game and Rex & Pyra would bring quite a bit to the table with the Driver-Blade dynamic. Whtm them being huge fan requests & XB2 being the most successful Xenoblade game to date, I'd be shocked if we don't get them as DLC (if we get DLC, which is pretty likely at this point).

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And really it wouldn't be the end of the world if all the XX character weren't on the 2 sides of the box.
They can do whatever they want with the box.
For all we know the whole design could be change if they wanted.
I don't belive Sakurai would do something so boring.
There's no Smash Direct announced

Status
Not open for further replies.