• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I may as well keep doing this with other Directs, lol

Nintendo February 2019 Direct (36:45):

Super Mario Maker 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Box Boy! + Box Girl!
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Version 3.0
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker DLC
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Tsum Tsum Festival
Starlink: Battle For Atlas (Starfox content)
RuneFactory 4 Special
RuneFactory 5
Oninaki
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Tetris 99
Dead by Daylight
Deltarune
Daemon X Machina
GRID Autosport
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening
23 total. Y'all are right, this one was a banger.

For giggles I took a look at the ERA thread for that direct. Some bad meltdowns regarding Metroid Prime Trilogy and others calling it horrible, but the vibe was fairly upbeat.

Reactions start on page 96 (192 for 50 post folks)

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017

I'm taking F-Zero, though a brand new Fire Emblem game that takes place in the FE6/7 universe (what I'd assume given Lyn on the cover there and the fact that it says it's a new game) is immensely tempting, doubly so if it's mechanically similar to those games. Jeez I didn't realize how much I want that.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it ain't making 2021 either.

"Things change" lol. Pathetic.
Yeah things can change. Covid or chip shortages are still a thing you know.

For now I trust Bloomberg and Emily and believe that we'll see it this year. Like always just never get hyped up to much for stuff that is not 100% certain.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
So you legitimately believe a Switch revision doesn't exist? Not at all?

All they've said is a reveal will happen this summer for release in Sep/Oct. The console is entering production + assembly this month. Is that hard to believe?

So many drive-bys. Read the mod's threadmark or get banned.
This has been happening for a week, not 15 months.
Just ignore and report the drive-bys. There's been enough discussion (including a staff post) for there not to be any excuse anymore.

Mahotdog

Aug 8, 2020
I really liked the direct on September 13th of 2018, it started and ended off sooo strong, I had always been wanting to try out Luigi's mansion but I never had a gamecube or 3ds so when they announced Luigi's mansion 3 I was so hyped to finally try it out, and it was indeed a great game and it looked fabulous too. and then they ended it off with the double reveal of Isabelle in smash, which I didn't really care about, BUT THEN THERE WAS A BRAND NEW ANIMAL CROSSING! I hadn't played an animal crossing game since wild world so the fact that I could jump back into a brand new HD game of it was so excited, and I really enjoyed new horizons, it helped me out quite a lot throughout quarantine.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
The revision is still coming and E3 sounds to be pretty meaty all around. Let's keep it moving and stay positive.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Hey Nate, hope you're not getting death threats again or any other bullshit. Looking forward to your next episode, and thanks for being clear about the subject
Only two so far. Less than expected. Who knew being transparent and providing an update would anger so many people. And I didn't even dismiss the other reports. They could all be accurate. Solely state that I've seen enough new information on my end to no longer believe the timeline I had given was accurate.

Sad state of affair if the industry has fallen this far when an update is viewed as a negative.

This is why so many ignore, pretend nothing happened and go forward. Because there's no value in being open.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
The Pokémon thing is weird.

They gave release dates.
So, I guess, no Pokémon Presents is coming.

I really don't see them show the games in the Nintendo Direct either.

I guess they just don't want to show the games at all?
Do they look like shit or something?
I believe Pokémon presentations have usually been one week before the E3 direct so there's still time. Though it is weird how they revealed the release dates. They've already shown the games so I doubt they'd hold back now.
Bayo 3 would be cool to see. But honestly everything for me hinges on the pro. Because we will be getting better version.

Bayonetta 3 would be super exciting, but the pro matters very little to me. If the games are there, the Pro can come whenever.
I'm hoping for Botw2 with a 2021 release date and a good look at gameplay, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 3, some interesting third-party reveals, Metroid, a Smash reveal and then a couple of interesting smaller projects from Nintendo such as a new Wario Ware.

Get rid of Donkey Kong and Bayonetta 3 from that list and that's roughly what I expect we'll see, though maybe with a Botw2 2022 release date instead.

I'm looking forward to a lot of that even though I'm really not into any of those franchises yet. Zelda is all I really want and everything else would be a bonus to me. I never really expect much so every direct is a treat.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The revision is still coming and E3 sounds to be pretty meaty all around. Let's keep it moving and stay positive.
yeah, this. E3 is so close and there's gonna be so many great announcements (both for switch and other platforms). i don't get why people can get so fixated about a revision rather than just enjoying and focusing on what we already have. it happens when it happens.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
Only two so far. Less than expected. Who knew being transparent and providing an update would anger so many people. And I didn't even dismiss the other reports. They could all be accurate. Solely state that I've seen enough new information on my end to no longer believe the timeline I had given was accurate.

Sad state of affair if the industry has fallen this far when an update is viewed as a negative.

This is why so many ignore, pretend nothing happened and go forward. Because there's no value in being open.

There is value in being open. It's just those that value it are often the silent majority. There are many who appreciate the updates that yourself and other reputable insiders provide.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Those first two sentences are depressing.

Once again thank you for all that you provide.

Meeloo

Jan 11, 2021
Hungary

We can send letters of appreciation as a counter measure to the negativity. I appreciate all the info you give us, it's really fun to wait for your response and listen to your podcasts!

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Was reading the comments in Nate's thread and I feel bad and ashamed. Some people really take this stuff too seriously.

Sorry you have to go through this Nate.

Can't wait for your podcast next week. Keep it up!

Last edited:

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
I feel like Mario Kart has peaked at 8Deluxe, IMO. Same for 3D Mario with Odyssey.

I want to see either a 3D Donkey Kong or 3D Kirby next. F-Zero would be fantastic too, though.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
6ea28ab51d4b91abe19458a67bad8900.gif

hologram

Jun 30, 2020

I'm sorry you have to put up with so much shit, Nate. I hope you know the vast majority of us here appreciate you.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019

This may sound boomer-y but I really blame the nature of the internet for that. It reveals the most cynical side of some people.
However, it's a minority, even if it is a very vocal and aggressive one. I'm sure that the vast majority of people on here and the ones following you on Twitter don't have a problem with what happened at all. Even if they would, it's nothing that anyone should judge really. Looking forward to E3! I hope we're seeing Nintendo's big ol' ape return.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Hm... I still haven't decide whether I want to go with PS4 or Switch for NEO TWEWY. Switch is my ideal platform for longer JRPGs but I might enjoy the combat more at 60fps.

Final warning- drop the whinging about insiders

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hi all.

Ive updated the thread reply banner as seemingly nobody reads threadmarked staff posts.

Please drop the metacommentary complaining about insiders when plans are all over the place and we are lucky to have them. Failure to observe this rule here will result in being banned from era for the duration of E3, it just clogs up and derails the thread and does nobody any good. If your only contribution to this community on era is to make a driveby post and complain that you hyped yourself up and are now disappointed, please reconsider.

Thanks.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017

The problem is that most people don't follow closely those rumors as many people in this thread do and propably don't even know that there were several reports/inside infos which had not always the same sources. Most just heard Switch is happening before E3 over last weekend and are now concentrating their hate on one indivdual like you, just because you try to be as transparent as possible.
Edit: Oh and any death threat is to much. What a bunch of assholes.

Last edited:

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Now the discussion turns back to: why would Nintendo release such a revision this year, with all these shortages? Unless they really want a paper launch for some bizarre reason, or if they have somewhat been able to circumvent the problem (if so, they could really teach Sony and Microsoft a lesson here)...

Oct 25, 2017

From I've seen from Twitter its more about throwing doubt about everything else associated with the Switch revision and questioning your credibility on what's been reported so far. It's either all true or all lies so some people.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
The Switch+ definitely exists, it's just that the timeline that many leakers heard about from their sources was not accurate. Nintendo's E3 is all about software. We'll see the Switch+ when Nintendo is ready to reveal it.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021

Good lord, people are garbage. You owe us nothing and you never had any reason to lie. If you wanted to mislead people, you could have waited until the last day before E3 to say anything but you're being transparent even though there's technically still a chance your original belief could be correct. And people act like you've kidnapped their families.

FossilPhantom

Oct 22, 2019

This is the impossible question, as I just want Nintendo to make games in all of these franchises. Trying to narrow it down, Star Fox, F-Zero, and Kid Icarus all deserve to be my #1 pick. If I really had to choose just one, the answer would be F-Zero. It's been so long since the last game, and a modern F-Zero would be more unique than it has ever been in Nintendo's catalog now that Mario Kart is the only new racing game they seem to make anymore

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Now the discussion turns back to: why would Nintendo release such a revision this year, with all these shortages? Unless they really want a paper launch for some bizarre reason, or if they have somewhat been able to circumvent the problem (if so, they could really teach Sony and Microsoft a lesson here)...
My guess is that they don't want to make the same mistake that they did during the Wii era.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Life was so much simpler back in the 90's when I had Nintendo Power delivered once a month and just read it front to back several times.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Hi all.

Ive updated the thread reply banner as seemingly nobody reads threadmarked staff posts.

Please drop the metacommentary complaining about insiders when plans are all over the place and we are lucky to have them. Failure to observe this rule here will result in being banned from era for the duration of E3, it just clogs up and derails the thread and does nobody any good. If your only contribution to this community on era is to driveby and complain that you hyped yourself up and are now disappointed, please reconsider.

Thanks.
Thanks, this is appreciated (and sadly necessary).

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
At this point I'm pretty sure it will be an on paper launch. I think it's inevitable.

Strange that this seems to be a gaming (and other branches) related thing. I didn't see a company like Apple being dramatically affected by the shortages.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019

That's, needless to say, absolutely terrible. Thank you for being part of this community and thank you for what ever you share with us. Rumors, podcasts, weekend plans. Anything.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

I'm sorry about this.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm pretty sure it will be an on paper launch. I think it's inevitable.

Strange that this seems to be a gaming (and other branches) related thing. I didn't see a company like Apple being dramatically affected by the shortages.

Apple is less affected because they're given priority over everyone else due to the size of the contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.