• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I follow/trust kelios if he says something about it coming I'll believe him but he's been pretty silent so I can rest easy.

OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Hey, I just want to be clear - I agree that engaging with intense negativity fucking sucks. I come here because it's my happy place on the internet and you guys are all my invisible friends (even when y'all p*iss me off)
I meant to comment on the idea that you were demanding a permanent subject ban which I see you were not doing.
Great OT btw, nice job on your first one. Maybe someday I'll join valhalla and do one myself

Oh no of course not. I have no voice in that really. Even with this I probably overstepped and have gone back and apologized to all parties.. Hopefully there's no hard feelings amongst the group.

I was just more interested in structuring the conversation away from the negative at that point so that the thread wasn't all people just sad and conversing about how sad they are with real short nothing posts. It seems things have for the most part got back on track. You all know this community is at its best when it's just people conversing about their love for Nintendo and what's on the horizon, and of course we're at a pretty hype time so things were obviously going to derail when stuff didn't go exactly as anticipated but I think we were able to have that moment of being upset or something not being our expectation and then getting back to conversation.

Thanks for the kind words! You should! It's been fun. It's a bit unfortunate it's nearly over but hey. I may do another one someday if the kind folks around here don't mind.

Again apologies to anyone who thinks I overstepped. Just trying my best to corral this ship from heading off the doom cliff lol.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020

These replies will be fun.

85c.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday He said "please no" to someone elses tweet saying nintendo fans shouldnt be excited for tomorrow. Im 100% convinced he has no idea what hes talking about and isnt a real insider

I wouldn't necessarily go that far but it probably shows that some scepticism is healthy.

A good rule of thumb is that if it's something that could be reasonably predicted based on publicly available info then don't assume its inside information. Someone saying that the announcement is imminent and release planned for later this year isn't a reasonable prediction, but after that info is out there someone saying it's a particular Thursday(a day Nintendo favours for announcements) could be a reasonable prediction.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Thank you for being honest and transparent with what you are hearing, NateDrake. We really appreciate you being frank with us on what's going on.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, there it is.

Just forget Emily/Nate ever said anything last week and go back to looking forward to Nintendo's E3 Direct, that's what we should do. The Switch Pro will be announced, when it's announced.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
How reasonable is it to assume that there were some plans for information to be shared this week but were changed in the last moments?

Emily and Nate's Update on the Switch Pro Announcement Timeframe

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wookiee can you please threadmark this.

This is from Emily.

"Will Switch Pro be announced before or after E3? Other than certain people having an axe to grind with insiders/media professionals, I don't see why this is such a hotly debated topic.

If production-assembly begins this month (as reported by numerous outlets) then Nintendo would likely receive their first shipment from the assemblers around late-July. Meaning, Nintendo has a very small, limited window to announce this thing before leaks start trickling out.

In my Resetera post, I specifically wrote, "Either before E3 or a few weeks after." From that statement, I thought it was clear that I was just giving my personal *estimate* on a possible timeframe for an announcement. I wouldn't give a vague timeframe like that if I actually knew the exact date and time of the announcement.

What if the Switch Pro follows the same trajectory as Switch Lite? Announcement in July, release in late September? Would you really have an issue with that?

Yes, someone tweeted at me, "Well the NintendoSwitchPro announcement should happen during the next 2 weeks!" and I responded "Yup!" in a super-casual, nonchalant manner. Okay, but that was literally right after two major credible outlets (Bloomberg, Eurogamer) reported on the story.

Anyways, this saga reminds me of when I broke the Labo VR story for Nintendo World Report. It was being manufactured and assembled that month. Then a month after I reported it, it was announced via Twitter.

Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nw...ated-announcement-be-approaching-rumor.99974/

Look, I realize the purpose of this Nintendo thread is to be in perpetual hype mode 24/7. This ultimately results in an exhausting rollercoaster of emotions and disappointment.

To avoid stressing yourself out, just assume the new Switch could be announced anytime this summer – no specific month, week or day. As I said earlier, if it begins production this month (as reported) then the window for an announcement is getting smaller."

Nate's update on Twitter

Last edited:

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
Could Nintendo possibly release something on the Switch Pro when E3 starts and then do the Direct a few days later? They specifically mentioned that their direct would be software focused...

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
Did Mochi even say that it was 100% before E3? He just said "imminent" and said it could be before E3.
"The new console, likely to be priced higher than the $299 original, may be announced ahead of the E3 conference starting June 12 to allow publishers to showcase their full range of Switch games at the global event, the people said, asking not to be named because the plans are not yet public."

blah.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
wookiee can you please threadmark this. This is from Emily.

"Will Switch Pro be announced before or after E3? Other than certain people having an axe to grind with insiders/media professionals, I don't see why this is such a hotly debated topic.

If production-assembly begins this month (as reported by numerous outlets) then Nintendo would likely receive their first shipment from the assemblers around late-July. Meaning, Nintendo has a very small, limited window to announce this thing before leaks start trickling out.

In my Resetera post, I specifically wrote, "Either before E3 or a few weeks after." From that statement, I thought it was clear that I was just giving my personal *estimate* on a possible timeframe for an announcement. I wouldn't give a vague timeframe like that if I actually knew the exact date and time of the announcement.

What if the Switch Pro follows the same trajectory as Switch Lite? Announcement in July, release in late September? Would you really have an issue with that?

Yes, someone tweeted at me, "Well the NintendoSwitchPro announcement should happen during the next 2 weeks!" and I responded "Yup!" in a super-casual, nonchalant manner. Okay, but that was literally right after two major credible outlets (Bloomberg, Eurogamer) reported on the story.

Anyways, this saga reminds me of when I broke the Labo VR story for Nintendo World Report. It was being manufactured and assembled that month. Then a month after I reported it, it was announced via Twitter.

Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nw...ated-announcement-be-approaching-rumor.99974/

Look, I realize the purpose of this Nintendo thread is to be in perpetual hype mode 24/7. This ultimately results in an exhausting rollercoaster of emotions and disappointment.

To avoid stressing yourself out, just assume the new Switch could be announced anytime this summer – no specific month, week or day. As I said earlier, if it begins production this month (as reported) then the window for an announcement is getting smaller."

The only thing here I was wondering is that Nate and Bloomberg said publishers would want to show off their Pro-enhanced games at E3 and it had to be announced before then. But now I am not sure.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did Mochi even say that it was 100% before E3? He just said "imminent" and said it could be before E3.
He didn't, only Eurogamer said asserted "before E3." the Mochizuki article only specified that it "may" be revealed before E3, not that it would:
Nintendo Co. plans to begin assembly of its new Switch as soon as July and release the upgraded replacement for its four-year-old game console in September or October, people familiar with the matter said.

The new console, likely to be priced higher than the $299 original, may be announced ahead of the E3 conference starting June 12 to allow publishers to showcase their full range of Switch games at the global event, the people said, asking not to be named because the plans are not yet public. It will be sold alongside the $199 Switch Lite, with the standard Switch phased out over time.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If I see any of y'all melting down when we have a kickass E3 direct to look forward too I'm gonna be annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.