What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
I CRACKED IT

Nintendo Pro
PRO

P= PATIENCE
R= REWARDS
O= ONLYFANS

Nintendo is launching an onlyfans account sometime this summer and they will have all the cast showing all sorts of body parts

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I still would have loved to see new games being shown off in the best possible light, but really I just didn't want to have to suffer my friend going "Stop drinking the Switch Pro Kool Aid, it doesn't exist hurr durr".

Just once I don't want to look like an ass for believing in something better coming*.

*NSO revamp til I die end of June
When the Pro is announced, ask them each individually for an apology lol

Jul 18, 2020
I don't want to sound like a dick, but something about the timing always felt off. It felt very un-Nintendo, like they would rush just to get it out of the door and I'm not sure what kind of pressure they would be feeling to get them to do it.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Kinda disappointing that it likely won't be before E3, I would have liked to see some Pro enhanced games. But no real use in getting super upset about it. It's not like the Pro itself is a "maybe." It's for sure coming, it's just a matter of when. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make a huge difference whether it's announced this month or next month.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Back to square one then, folks. All this shit for nothing. Hope we have a good E3 Direct with lots of Zelda content, at least.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
The release time frame is a lot more important than the announcement time frame.

Being announced now vs being announced in 2 months makes no difference if it's still coming out later this year.

At this point I'm looking forward to the announcementjust so the speculation can stop. I know this is more of my fault than anything, but the whole speculative talk about Switch Pro (I can't even remember when it started!) got tiresome a while ago and I just want to see the damn thing announced already lol

key

Nov 7, 2017
Stop this nonsense, y'all. They are being EXTREMELY open about what's going on. If you choose to interpret that as them "playing" us or "backpedaling", you're just being a dick.

How can you interpret it as anything but backpedaling? I'm pretty sure Nate even said he was "certain" that an announcement was coming before E3 (if I'm misremembering, I apologize). Like I said, it's nothing to get upset over, but I think it's okay to call a spade a spade. It doesn't mean that Nate and Emily are lying or playing anyone.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to have an update so I know not to expect anything now but honestly I'd rather we'd just not have heard anything.
I'm personally not the biggest fan of time-sensitive leaks where things can change very quickly, I don't really think they're all that useful since they can quickly become outdated and hearing about when something might be announced doesn't really do much for us, at least in this situation where we had E3 to look forward to anyway.

I'd rather the leaks we get are just whether something exists or not, hearing about when something might happen really isn't that beneficial.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I CRACKED IT

Nintendo Pro
PRO

P= PATIENCE
R= REWARDS
O= ONLYFANS

Nintendo is launching an onlyfans account sometime this summer and they will have all the cast showing all sorts of body parts

18d6f7904523d5fa30bfeaa3b1dbf7d2.jpg

When the Pro is announced, ask them each individually for an apology lol

Ahh, they're the kind to keep moving goalposts and be a contrarian for the sake of it. I'll call them out when they do but given how stubborn they can be probably just something worth dropping after it's announced lol

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
The last 200 pages of this thread are misunderstandings of accurate info

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm looking forward to the announcementjust so the speculation can stop. I know this is more of my fault than anything, but the whole speculative talk about Switch Pro (I can't even remember when it started!) got tiresome a while ago and I just want to see the damn thing announced already lol

I guess that is true lol

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Nice, now there's even less reason to obsess over the Pro's announcement. Chill 'n' wait from here on out.

Mar 31, 2021
Stop this nonsense, y'all. They are being EXTREMELY open about what's going on. If you choose to interpret that as them "playing" us or "backpedaling", you're just being a dick.
People are allowed to be a little disappointed? Especially when he said that there would be pro enhancements from third party devs so how do you mix that up? I have no negative feelings towards Nate and Emily. I'm grateful he came forth and cleared things up because we atleast won't be waiting for nothing.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
I don't understand what there is to misunderstand about that
My guess:
Truth: Hey I'm making this game, its coming for the Switch Pro (and other systems). We're gonna reveal it at E3.
Reality of that: We're showing a PC footage trailer and have a list of consoles its coming to at the end.

do that multiple times with different developers: and it sounds like they're showing off Pro footage...but no one ever said specifically pro footage..just pro games.

Andsello

Jul 31, 2020
Calm down, we still have a week before E3. The insiders have never reported any specific date, I don't understand what are you all so angry

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the bad info was they heard a third party was going to show pro footage for a Switch game (which may be true) and they jumped to conclusions and figured that meant the Switch Pro would be revealed before E3 based on that? That's a pretty ballsy assumption to make.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me I think I'd rather have just not heard about it in the first place. When information and plans can change so quickly I don't see the point in saying anything at all. I think it would be better if leaks were just confirming whether something exists or not but never actually giving a date or even range of dates that something might be announced.

I don't think anyone said that the Pro would show before E3 to be purposefully harmful but I don't really think giving that info out did a lot of good for any of us.

DoctorChimp

Oct 6, 2020
Texas yall
User warned: ignoring staff post re. insider metacommentary
Honestly, that's some pretty intense backpedaling from Nate and Emily regarding the announcement window. It's not thing to be upset over or anything, but it's still not the best look.
I agree, Nate did say that third party devs wanted to showcase their Switch enhanced games so Nintendo would want to show us the console before E3 to give devs what they wanted. He was very confident in this. Now, that isn't the case at all.

Major pack peddling on his part. However, Emily did say and has kept firm on the "before or after" statement.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
At the end of the day I want these announcements so all the people who went "it's not real" can eat some crow. Like I know that's very mean spirited and they'd move goalposts anyway but I want that exhausting discourse to be over, even just for a short while.

...and to secure a pre-order

Maybe this thread will slow down now.

Probably not though, right?
My record is safe :D

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised, it did seem people took the original rumors of it being announced sometime soon, before or after E3, and just drove it where they wanted to go as far as it having to be before E3. I get the impression that this was in part due to whatever Square Enix leak is circulating in the back channels, whether it was fully accurate or current, was used to make some assumptions that the announcement had to happen before E3.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
How it's going to go down:
"So that Switch game you revealed seemed pretty high resolution to us?"

"Yep"

"Got anything to add on that subject?"

"Nope"

=P
I was thinking this. On the negative side, any good looking Switch footage will be met with "pfft, running on the Pro, base model gonna be garbage" and so on.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
we go through this same song and dance every time lol

"hey guys this thing will be announced" > Its not > "welp things change" > "but this time doe".

maybe stop hyping things up so far in advance? I get it stuff changes last minute. Shit happens...but maybe don't hype until the day of in which you are certain ala Zhuge?

Status
Not open for further replies.