• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
There are gonna be caves, and I'm almost certain large chunks of Hyrule will break off into the sky to reveal those caves. It'll be the BOTW map but really different due to the aerial / cavern sections.

because the fancy hand is gonna give us a goddamn hook shot because I miss it and they've gotta. The hookshot was skipped in the first one because it broke the risk/reward setup of climbing. However, if there are floating platforms, a hookshot makes a lot more sense. We saw the castle rising! It's gonna happen!!

There's a reason they're making a big deal about Skyward Sword returning before other old Zeldas. They are connected. I'm calling it. We're going above and below.

Oooh I could see this happening!

Though idk why i feel the hand won't necessarily transform but be more of a way to like, succ out malice. Like a reverse super mario sunshine situation lol

I DO hope we get a Monster Hunter Rise-style spiderman hookshot though!

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
I really hope they're going above and beyond to REALLY alter Hyrule. I want it to feel barely recognizable, and therefore more interesting to explore.
They are most likely going to, people have said that Nintendo wouldnt want to take away that wonder of exploring the world for the first time and I agree. And also agree with Suswave, and I think there will be 3 layers to explore, the underground, the ground, and the sky. That would be a lot to explore. Im just really excited to get a glimpse of the new areas like how they showed an overview in the first BOTW trailer

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Oh no, I do not agree at all with that. It's a completely absurd response, and I think the OP probably needed to be told as such.
Eh. i dont say he should not have been called out, he should, obviously.
I only say there is an understandable reasoning where hes coming from.
You can have empaty with a position while still deeming it immature.
And people here say this is imaturer, if this is the most imature think he wishes for with 20, im happy, since knowing a lot of cases where the imaturity is not directed at multi million dollar companys but instead real people, often as some kind of abuse that the abuser isn't even fully aware of since they lack the life experience.

People caling him out: good, and needed.
People trying to be the memeest shitposter while doing it: less productiv

Also, to clarify: your position is 100% valid, im not trying to "correct you".
Was just trying to explain my position better (dont know if i did), and also
did not want to dwell to long on that thread in this one.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they're going above and beyond to REALLY alter Hyrule. I want it to feel barely recognizable, and therefore more interesting to explore.
Even better would be to leave Hyrule and visit a completely new world. Part of the game will take place in Hyrule and have some changes, while most of it is elsewhere. I don't see how underground exploration fits what BotW is about to be a major part of the game.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Regarding Metroid Prime Trilogy I do think it will happen eventually given Skyward Sword HD and 3D All Stars, since Nintendo is clearly interested in remastering Wii games. But the original theory that it was completed years ago is hard to believe.
One of the previous times it came up in this thread, I think someone claimed that not only was it already done, but it was actually a remake and not a simple port. I really, really wish we lived in a world where all this wild Metroid speculation could be true.

Last edited:

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
Even better would be to leave Hyrule and visit a completely new world. Part of the game will take place in Hyrule and have some changes, while most of it is elsewhere. I don't see how underground exploration fits what BotW is about to be a major part of the game.
Yeah i kind of hope they do something different than the Dark world and make it a new area

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
The dream!

I'm still on board for a significantly revamped Hyrule, though. The speculation is pushing my hype to levels I didn't know existed with this game lol

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'd be awesome for BotW2 to be Hyrule + another land, with a small Great Sea-type area you can sail across between them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

It's gonna be 2 years since the initial announcement and I'd be sad if they didn't spend those 2 years creating a brand new land. But I'm not gonna be picky about it. It's gonna be a great game without any new locations, underground included.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The dream!

I'm still on board for a significantly revamped Hyrule, though. The speculation is pushing my hype to levels I didn't know existed with this game lol
We never know what may happen lol. If it's Hyrule I just want significant change in topography to where I can't say "oh yeah if I head south from here I'll run into so and so". I want a fresh experience.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
So, this thread is moving so fast, that METROID might happen two threads from now!

I don't want to be wishy-washy on making the next thread. I just want THE METROID one. 😅

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its been 2 years since the game was announced. We've had no leaks. No credible rumors. Nobody can even say what the gameplay is like or where some of it might take place. We're on the cusp of getting those details. A game so huge like this and Nintendo has managed to keep those details so well hidden. That's really good.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Phantom Hourglass and Majoras Mask sequels to Wind Waker and OoT? I didn't play either game, but were they just the same landscape as their predecessor?

Did you visit the same locations, but with some changes?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Wasn't Phantom Hourglass and Majoras Mask sequels to Wind Waker and OoT? I didn't play either game, but were they just the same landscape as their predecessor?

No, they both had new game worlds and different structures and mechanics.

MM did reuse assets and characters, but they were in a new land called Termina, which has a weird relationship to Hyrule. Sort of like an alternate world.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020

Well Majora's Mask had Termina as a new world, and if I'm not mistaken the Sea of Phantom Hourglass is very different from Wind Waker's Great Sea. I haven't played Phantom Hourglass yet, though.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019

MM is only similar to OoT in its use of assets. The land of Termina is a complete 180 from its predecessor.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if BoTW 2 took place entirely or at least 80% in a different location/world. I've learned to never take Eiji Aounuma's words at face value when he's talking about a Zelda game early on. If it's not shown in the trailer, he'll dance around any questions that might hint at anything beyond what we have seen. When he says that he wants to "explore that Hyrule again", he could be referring to the characters, the themes, and the gameplay of BOTW, not necessarily stating that we will be exploring the same map.
didn't he literally say it would be the same Hyrule though? correct me if I'm wrong, I can't find the original quote.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, they both had new game worlds and different structures and mechanics.

MM did reuse assets and characters, but they were in a new land called Termina, which has a weird relationship to Hyrule. Sort of like an alternate world.
Well Majora's Mask had Termina as a new world, and if I'm not mistaken the Sea of Phantom Hourglass is very different from Wind Waker's Great Sea. I haven't played Phantom Hourglass yet, though.
MM is only similar to OoT in its use of assets. The land of Termina is a complete 180 from its predecessor.
Right....so they all were brand new worlds to explore in their sequels.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
Oooh I could see this happening!

Though idk why i feel the hand won't necessarily transform but be more of a way to like, succ out malice. Like a reverse super mario sunshine situation lol

I DO hope we get a Monster Hunter Rise-style spiderman hookshot though!
oh my god, now I'm picturing it as the true successor to Super Mario Sunshine but with Spider-Man swinging.

and now I want that game to exist

sorry NateDrake

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I've been completely out of the loop with rumors/news of the new console. Any hints are there being exclusives for the new system? Hoping I can still play all the new titles on my OG Switch.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've been completely out of the loop with rumors/news of the new console. Any hints are there being exclusives for the new system? Hoping I can still play all the new titles on my OG Switch.
If I recall, Nate did hear that there would be third-party exclusives. I doubt Nintendo would do any Super Switch exclusives for their first-party games in the near future.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
didn't he literally say it would be the same Hyrule though? correct me if I'm wrong, I can't find the original quote.
Yeah I'm pretty sure he used the term "game world" which I interpret as the same map. Happy to be wrong though, hopefully we get new areas
Both based on that quote and what little we know about the narrative, I think it's fair to assume there will be at least some of the map reused. I'm sure there will be new stuff, though.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
If I recall, Nate did hear that there would be third-party exclusives. I doubt Nintendo would do any Super Switch exclusives for their first-party games in the near future.
There will likely be third party exclusives, but no first-party ones thankfully.
Yes. Nate said he knows of one exclusive for it.
Thanks for the quick answers! Wouldn't be the end of the world for me if I can still play first party titles and (hopefully) indies on my Switch. That's my primary use.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Phantom Hourglass is the same sea. It's only a few months after The Wind Waker. Spirit Tracks is the same world & sea, but a hundred years or so after and basically became the 'new Hyrule' that Link and Zelda set out to find after the events of TWW/PH.

Only in the loosest sense of same sea, being a body of water in the same planet. It's not set in the same region as wind waker is, very obviously, and so is a "different sea" by normal geographical designations.

Spirit tracks is very explicitly a different continent, or at least country, to where WW was set though.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I've played all the Zelda games, Wind Walter is a sequel to Ocarina of Time, however, while both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are sequels to Wind Waker, they only carry forward the story. The world in both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are completely different from each other and from Wind Waker.

I hope they're not revisiting either of the DS Zelda games. They're both my least favorite of the entire series.

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
I've played all the Zelda games, Wind Walter is a sequel to Ocarina of Time, however, while both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are sequels to Wind Waker, they only carry forward the story. The world on both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are completely different from each other and from Wind Waker.

I hope they're not revisiting either of the DS Zelda games. They're both my least favorite of the entire series.
I love Wind Walter!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
Phantom Hourglass is the same sea. It's only a few months after The Wind Waker. Spirit Tracks is the same world & sea, but a hundred years or so after and basically became the 'new Hyrule' that Link and Zelda set out to find after the events of TWW/PH.

Well yeah I guess the same sea, but the islands don't match at all, right?

Sep 8, 2020
There are gonna be caves, and I'm almost certain large chunks of Hyrule will break off into the sky to reveal those caves. It'll be the BOTW map but really different due to the aerial / cavern sections.

because the fancy hand is gonna give us a goddamn hook shot because I miss it and they've gotta. The hookshot was skipped in the first one because it broke the risk/reward setup of climbing. However, if there are floating platforms, a hookshot makes a lot more sense. We saw the castle rising! It's gonna happen!!

There's a reason they're making a big deal about Skyward Sword returning before other old Zeldas. They are connected. I'm calling it. We're going above and below.
This is exactly what I think and reading it from someone else, it still sounds absolutely incredible and makes more sense the way you worded it. I'm tingling with pre-hype. Team2021!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.