What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
Personally, I enjoy the air before an imminent announcement that we have been waiting on. I'm just waiting on that one credible leak or insider tease to come through, that's the fun stuff imo. The morning of the Mario 35th presentation and the recent Pokemon Presents are good examples.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
If you are resorting to attacking or insulting someone over not getting a video game console announcement then I URGE you to re-evaluate your behaviour and priorities.

It's okay to be disappointed. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement. But if you aren't approaching these situations with the understanding that nothing is guaranteed, you are doing it wrong. Please log off and go for a walk if you find yourself getting heated. Directing vitriol at others is embarrassing and does nothing good for anyone.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Okay, I'm gonna say one more thing about this whole kerfuffle then let it go.

No one reputable said the announcement was coming today. We have several sources saying it was probably coming before E3. The fact that we tied so much hope onto June 3rd, 10AM EST is inexplicable and entirely on us. Perhaps people put too much faith in retailer listings, which were more than likely based on the Bloomberg report and educated guesses rather than their own sources.

On the other hand, plans do change. It is possible that the announcement does not come before E3. Such is the nature of the business. This does not make Bloomberg, Emily, or Nate any less reputable. They are merely reporting what they hear. Accusing them of being liars or saying things like "see this is why we should never trust leakers" is not only arrogant and unkind, it's also extremely ignorant.

You know how the CDC changed their COVID mask guidelines several times as they learned more about the virus? Do you remember how conservatives smugly took that as proof that the CDC knew no more than they did, or even that the whole thing was made up or overblown? Don't be like them. Be open-minded and learn to trust when sources are reputable, even if their claims change.

Now I know some people are more disappointed with themselves for getting swept up in a hype train and then getting crushed by disappointment, and I get that. It can be hard. Try not to tie yourself too much to any particular announcement, go along with the ride, and enjoy this community with your friends. If you find it hard to "go with the flow" like this, maybe step away for a bit.

OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Hey so the dooming sucks but it's mainly people complaining about the dooming which also sucks.

Maybe stir up some conversation to get it away from that and the dooming will naturally filter out?

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Remember, the Crisis Trilogy remasters are supposed to get something unique to the Switch version, but Nintendo won't let them talk about it yet. If that's not Pro enhancements, I don't know what it can be.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
There were so many random "talked with store support" posts today that I can't remember. Did anyone got the info from store support that preorder availability will start tomorrow or that info coming only from a leaked SKU photo?

What were the preorder times told by supports? I remember one telling next week.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Mar 15, 2019
To shift the conversation from the doom, what 3DS feature would you like to see in the new Switch?

Personally, I really miss Street Pass.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Hey so the dooming sucks but it's mainly people complaining about the dooming which also sucks.

Maybe stir up some conversation to get it away from that and the dooming will naturally filter out?
Agreed- I'll ask you the same question!!

What do you think Nintendo's big holiday games could be this year?

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
anyone have any good weekend plans? i took some extra time off, my partner and i are celebrating full vaccination by going down to a seaside hotel near san diego and getting massages and enjoying the beach. on monday we have reservations to go to disneyland and see the avengers stuff. first little vacation in a long time!!

That's amazing. I accepted a new job offer recently and finished wrapping everything-up at my old job this past Friday. I'm in middle of two-week vacation before starting. Having some me-time this week to get nice haircut, overhaul my wardrobe, and playing Mass Effect. Next week will be traveling to Ann Arbor to look at apartments then headed to Chicago for some sightseeing.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo has committed a grave sin by not announcing a product they haven't officially acknowledged at a time I personally saw fit.

They must repent by pressing the button to release Game Builder Garage early.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Starting to doubt this "pro" existence being anything other than even more energy efficient hardware and an even better battery.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
anyone have any good weekend plans? i took some extra time off, my partner and i are celebrating full vaccination by going down to a seaside hotel near san diego and getting massages and enjoying the beach. on monday we have reservations to go to disneyland and see the avengers stuff. first little vacation in a long time!!
I'm giving a presentation about parking minimums to a local environmental group and catching up on work that got sidelined for a critical project over the last few weeks.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I'm going to try to be honest without sounding like I care too much about it, but this annoys me. Yes it can be valid but at a certain point, they've been around this thread enough times where the lesson should be: "don't say anything yet". I don't really come into this thread very often anymore but whenever I do it's not fun because it's not a discussion, it's just everyone tagging Nate looking for nuggets of info. I don't care when the Switch Pro gets announced or whether or not these people turn out to be correct in predicting when it gets announced. I care that it's essentially ruined the discourse in this thread. Doesn't even have to be E3 time, doesn't even have to be around the times when we typically expect a Direct, it just has become a place to talk about semi-imminent announcements with these same insiders constantly stepping in it for whatever the reason, for being off by a day or a week. Then these other things come out like some random who works for Amazon in France saying the Switch Pro will be announced soon (can't believe we haven't learned this by now that those low-level people will NEVER know this information beforehand) and it's a terrible cycle that repeats itself.

We have a Direct imminent. It's E3 time. There's plenty to be excited about already. Can we please chill the fuck out about the Pro?
I'm having fun shitposting while also being extremely excited for the software showcase on the 15th. Unfortunately not everyone is satiated by strictly software - I wish it weren't the case, and I see your point that without the tease of the hardware, we'd all be content now.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No one reputable said the announcement was coming today. We have several sources saying it was probably coming before E3. The fact that we tied so much hope onto June 3rd, 10AM EST is inexplicable and entirely on us. Perhaps people put too much faith in retailer listings, which were more than likely based on the Bloomberg report and educated guesses rather than their own sources.
Yeah this happens everytime. Insiders share what they've learned, the forum joins together to conclude likely dates, one likely date ends up not being correct and now suddenly they blame is thrown at the insiders. Like clockwork.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To be frank, I'm still greatly insulted by all the Americans who were like "Yeah it couldn't have happened at our long weekend because holidays and so NOA is shut, but it could definitely happen today, fuck Nintendo Europe lol".

Course, now that I've said that I've raised chances of it happening today ..

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
I mean, I really don't want to be the one to do it, but she did say this.

Well, for one thing "should" doesn't mean "will". For another, there's still time before E3 if it really has to happen before then (which is a separate argument, but just goes to say that there's no reason to be shaming insiders right now).

Deleted member 53506

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
With the E3 Direct now dated, I'd like to bump this quick hype list of mine from earlier itt.
10/10 E3 Direct, MissingNo. Edition

Metroid 5. If this isn't in, it's 9/10 at best.

At least two out of
- BotW2
- Fire Emblem
- new Monolith Soft game

Include Bayo 3 and/or SMT5 for 11/10.
Include all of the above and a new Mario Kart for 12/10.

Include F-Zero to make me fall off my chair.

Mar 3, 2018
Im just vibing at this point. Playing Celeste while listening to a class lecture online on the other screen and refreshing this thread once in a while. Good times. Just enjoy it friends and we will be at the pearly gates soon.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
if you don't see how stuff like this contributes to the atmosphere you're all complaining about I dunno what to tell ya.
If people can't understand that they can also speculate or joke (as stated in the tweet below) thus acting like children when their own headcanon trembles we don't deserve the smallest tidbid of information. Nate said that the revision is being announced before E3 and why he can affirm that: third party partners want to show Switch Pro footage on E3. Nothing more, nothing less. No day nor hour for the announcement was given as they don't know when the thing will be announced. But some people keep pushing for arbitrary dates that obviously fall apart and people come ex profeso to the thread to insult or question people proved reliable over and over again with years in their back. Some of them even with a public persona, as Eurogamer's Tom Phillips. This doesn't feel right. Like, at all.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
People in this thread always say "if X thing doesn't happen, watching the meltdown in this thread is gonna be fun"

I just realized that's a very sarcastic sentence.

RELAX YALL
hm,...I would call it cynical

why the meltdown? i feel like i missed something, but after rereading it doesn't seem like i have...

OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Agreed- I'll ask you the same question!!

What do you think Nintendo's big holiday games could be this year?
So with all the stuff pointing toward a new Metroid I kinda think it'd be super cool of Nintendo to give Metroid a proper stab at being their big game for the year. A 2D Metroid on a Nintendo home console hasn't happened since Super? So that's a big deal (I know the Switch is a hybrid deal but still, it's their home console).

I know Metroid isn't huge in Japan so the chances at that are slim but it'd show them putting faith in the game and that IP.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be frank, I'm still greatly insulted by all the Americans who were like "Yeah it couldn't have happened at our long weekend because holidays and so NOA is shut, but it could definitely happen today, fuck Nintendo Europe lol".

Course, now that I've said that I've raised chances of it happening today ..
lol if you think that was just Americans. I'm probably one of few whose kept saying they would respect Germany and do it in the afternoon. Americans and other Europeans didn't like hearing Germany has more importance for Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.