What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing at all?

D6iqQdiUIAIGIuk.jpg

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
We know that Nintendo is going to reveal the Pro soon because third-parties want to showcase their games running on it at E3. That means it's a lot more difficult for Nintendo to reschedule the Pro reveal, third-party plans for E3 would have to change as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
anyone have any good weekend plans? i took some extra time off, my partner and i are celebrating full vaccination by going down to a seaside hotel near san diego and getting massages and enjoying the beach. on monday we have reservations to go to disneyland and see the avengers stuff. first little vacation in a long time!!

stodesign12

Jul 21, 2020
Personally I still think it looks good but I wouldn't be surprised if the smudginess of the lower resolution Wii version helped its aesthetic. It's basically supposed to be a soft watercolor painting in motion, making it crisp works against that.

1039029.jpg
I agree, and I don't know why but other Wii games also had similar aesthetic. I remember playing Prime 3 recently and thinking it looks a lot like Skyward Sword in some areas, and not so much like Prime 1 and 2. That watercolor effect is very noticeable.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
The only thing that could upset me re: Zelda is if we don't see it in some form at E3. 2022 is fine.
Yeah exactly.

If we don't even see a trailer, I'd be worried. But we'll def see a trailer.

The 2022 thing is not a shock to anyone. People started assuming it as soon as it was a no-show at the last big Nintendo direct but now we have Skyward coming later this summer, the extremely BOTW-looking Arceus coming in January and a Hyrule Warriors DLC ext. pack coming in November.

Hoping Nintendo has something else up their sleeve for a holiday game.

GravyFingerz

Feb 5, 2019
SoCal
I had a dream that 4K versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were releasing 2 weeks after e3; was that something I invented or did my subconscious latch onto someone else saying that? I feel like it's the latter

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if guys like Capcom, Take Two and Namco will announce the Switch games at their own "directs" so Nintendo can focus on first party on their own.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
anyone have any good weekend plans? i took some extra time off, my partner and i are celebrating full vaccination by going down to a seaside hotel near san diego and getting massages and enjoying the beach. on monday we have reservations to go to disneyland and see the avengers stuff. first little vacation in a long time!!
That sounds awesome!

I'm seeing Cruella and A Quiet Place II in theaters and then spending the weekend outside in the 90-degree sunshine.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
i agree my comparison of both scenarios are not of equal magnitude - but just trying to point out for the root cause of this shit show some accountability is to be held by these insiders, not doubting their credibility just the way they 'designed' the vagueness
Nate shares what he's allowed to share from his sources. There's no "designed vagueness". He even told us why he does expect personally the announcement before E3.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
Jeff Grubb just said that anyone he knows that has insight at Nintendo thinks BoTW 2 is coming in 2022.
Team 2022 intensifies.

Pardon me, but comparing leakers who are simply sharing information that they know about a videogame company, with Fox News actively sharing misinformation with a political agenda in mind to a much larger audience is fucking insane and kinda misses the whole point. Yes, you as an outsider to the community have the right to give your opinion, but don't bring political comparisons that are not correct in the slightest at all.
Yeah, this is a really extreme comparison. Fox News blatantly lies, and with the (reliable) insiders on this forum, they share information as they know it. Stuff changes and things aren't set in stone, but to compare that with blatantly lying is absurd.

zFSTz

Sep 28, 2020
That sounds like a great time, family member from outside of my country is visiting. Hopefully the weather will keep up until we're done showing her around. Atleast some positivity here...

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Eurogamer said that the NX was gonna be revealed in September and then we spent all of September waiting for something that didn't arrive until October. *That* was true pain.

oese0

Feb 1, 2020
Germany
yeahhh I'm heading out

I was hoping I'd at least get a preorder out of my internet addiction before I tried to kick it for good but even that was asking too much

wario64, my life is in your hands now
Good decision, it can only get worse next week lol. Hope you get your health issues sorted out, because they do sound concerning to me. Take care!

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
ok, gonna go check out these golf impression videos...nothing happens at 11 edt ever...maybe noon.

edit: wtf greg isn't doing the kinda funny impressions...isnt he the obsessive mario golf guy...

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Some of y'all showing your true faces, lashing out at Nate and Emily. It's incredibly embarrassing, and it's the reason era has an unflattering reputation in the wider industry among professionals. GTFO of here if you can't handle yourself like a fucking adult. It's just video games.

It's fun to get hyped. It's fun to get too hyped, and to act like a fool in these threads. Heaven forbid people with real connections hop in and join in the fun. This isn't Angels and fucking Demons. Not everything is a sign, or a code, or a tease, or a hint. Sometimes people just like to have fun. If you're unable to be patient and wait for an official announcement without mounting personal attacks on well-established members of our community who you (for some insane reason) think owe you something, then please leave.

Now, RESET THE CLOCK.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
well gamers, to those of you who have fun with this stuff, I hope that fun continues forever

or I mean, at least for a while? I imagine eventually you'd get sick of waiting for this thing. maybe not though, idk

as for me, my people, the raccoons of New Donk CIty, need me or whatever joke I set up earlier I guess

enjoy your hype, and if you don't enjoy it then log out with me, come and touch grass

freeze

Oct 25, 2017
Fwiw Grubb said on his show half an hour ago (and I should make very clear: COMPLETELY in speculation, so don't go wild over this) that he thinks that while next week could work, if Nintendo were to announce the Switch Pro today he thinks it would probably be in the evening so it's at a good time for Japan too. I don't think all hope is lost for today quite yet.

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
Doomposting came by at full force, huh? I can agree with many of the points given about waiting, about the preorders and so, but I don't agree with attacking insiders, like this literally happens EVERY SINGLE TIME and it's the main reason we have like 2 insiders left willing to pass on any kind of hint/information. Most of the reliable insiders just said before E3 with no given date yet some people here are already preparing to burn them at the stake because it didn't happen at the first hour available of today, a day we just randomly chose as the more fitting for the reveal.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It didn't sit right with me that people were citing Schreier as a source for this but I hate being That Guy that replies to everyone like "Well ACTUALLY If You Read Here He Never Actually-"

That said, his post reminded me that we aren't getting the Netflix Zelda show and now I am suffering again

oese0

Feb 1, 2020
Germany
Fwiw Grubb said on his show half an hour ago (and I should make very clear: COMPLETELY in speculation, so don't go wild over this) that he thinks that while next week could work, if Nintendo were to announce the Switch Pro today he thinks it would probably be in the evening so it's at a good time for Japan too. I don't think all hope is lost for today quite yet.
So, after midnight here in Europe probably, like the NX announcement. Would make sense, yes.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you don't see how stuff like this contributes to the atmosphere you're all complaining about I dunno what to tell ya.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
People in this thread always say "if X thing doesn't happen, watching the meltdown in this thread is gonna be fun"

I just realized that's a very sarcastic sentence.

RELAX YALL

Christo750

May 10, 2018
To be clear, Schreier personally knows nothing about the reveal of the Pro, just that it's coming and he was told "soon". But the point was that the "plans change" excuse that occasionally gets flaunted (not by SamusHunter, but by people like Nate or Emily) can be a valid one.
I'm going to try to be honest without sounding like I care too much about it, but this annoys me. Yes it can be valid but at a certain point, they've been around this thread enough times where the lesson should be: "don't say anything yet". I don't really come into this thread very often anymore but whenever I do it's not fun because it's not a discussion, it's just everyone tagging Nate looking for nuggets of info. I don't care when the Switch Pro gets announced or whether or not these people turn out to be correct in predicting when it gets announced. I care that it's essentially ruined the discourse in this thread. Doesn't even have to be E3 time, doesn't even have to be around the times when we typically expect a Direct, it just has become a place to talk about semi-imminent announcements with these same insiders constantly stepping in it for whatever the reason, for being off by a day or a week. Then these other things come out like some random who works for Amazon in France saying the Switch Pro will be announced soon (can't believe we haven't learned this by now that those low-level people will NEVER know this information beforehand) and it's a terrible cycle that repeats itself.

We have a Direct imminent. It's E3 time. There's plenty to be excited about already. Can we please chill the fuck out about the Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.