What system are you primarily gonna play Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 852 43.8%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 28 1.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 229 11.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 38 2.0%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 798 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Universal health is universal

Nerf to basic DP would be alright
EX DP nerf is too much since it costs resources and it ain't like they would go after everyone's AA like they did with SFV jab AA's.

I am too deflated thanks capcom

You know what's not universal? Having multiple fast fuck neutral moves and insane bomb mix ups in the corner. Oh, and let's not forget how her HK hop kick is going to shred lower ranks. Again, you can't have everything. Kim will end up still being top 3.

Neilunik

Jan 23, 2018
Guys I've been playing WT for 3h and no new colours in sight. Im starting to think that colours are unlocked in the shop or something (but the shop can't be accessed for now as the servers are offline)

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
You know what's not universal? Having multiple fast fuck neutral moves and insane bomb mix ups in the corner. Oh, and let's not forget how her HK hop kick is going to shred lower ranks. Again, you can't have everything. Kim will end up still being top 3.

HK hop kick is a trash move. You literally just press jab to beat all follow up options. Its basically worthless.

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
So looks like it's a local time release on Steam? Can probably proxy to NZ/AU and get it unlocked early

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Instead of listening to reason I will simply doompost about how Kimberly is dead now and Street Fighter 6 is over.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I've been playing WT for 3h and no new colours in sight. Im starting to think that colours are unlocked in the shop or something (but the shop can't be accessed for now as the servers are offline)

Colors/alts are assumed to be tied to mastery in WT, so you've gotta be friends with the cast. Gonna be a grind.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia

Dhalsim limbs + vacuum effect normal = hilarity.
People got super comfortable with a build of a game that's a year old at this point. I figured everyone would have to get some changes between the beta and launch day.
Yeah, there was a reason why I was waiting until the game came out to really lab. I did not want to get any bad muscle memory.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
She's mental stack building character with the most specials. Guile got 2 moves and is murdering eeryone.
Hopkick already got figured out and so have teleports.
Yes, the bombs are good and she only has two.
They could take whatever they wanted and went for the most brutal one.
It's cool tho
It's cool

244045d8caa91de01de834d02d42effc.png

Neilunik

Jan 23, 2018
Colors/alts are assumed to be tied to mastery in WT, so you've gotta be friends with the cast. Gonna be a grind.
I focused specifically on Luke and I'm quite advanced with him actually. But not 1 colour unlocked? come on. If I need to bring him to max level for 1 colour, wtf?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I assume something is done about hop kick eventually, right? "Everything is stuffed by jab" can't possibly be working as intended, right?

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah, absolutely. But it'll be free wins in the lower ranks.

You said "she can't have everything" and then used that worthless move as an example of the great tools she already has. No cares about shit moves that only work against bronze players. And you sure as shit shouldn't balance a character around it.

No way will she be top 3 without an invincible reversal.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah I had actually assumed the day 1 patch was already out. Some people on discord are saying Juri is -2 after throw dash in corner, which goes against what Infil's review has said, so maybe changes have already been made?
We're in a nebulous state right now ever since those early copies came out. I heard that some patch came through today after people got early copies about a week ago (which confirmed Juri's spacing after a throw > dash in the corner, like how Kimberly is -1 after that now, too). But there might also be a legit day 1 patch when things go live?

We'll see in less than 24 hours, I suppose.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017

But those insane bomb mix ups require insanity. Some of us are human and will only rock silver league tops the whole run of SFVI… 😞

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
You said "she can't have everything" and then used that worthless move as an example of the great tools she already has. No cares about shit moves that only work against bronze players. And you sure as shit shouldn't balance a character around it.

Why does she have to be top 3?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Ok, I'll fully concede and say hop kick is ass and will never be used. Still doesn't take away the rest of the power in her kit. I mean, without taking away defense, how would you balance her? As soon as you touch her bomb mix ups or speed, you'd have people crying bloody murder that "capcom is taking away the fun".

CBalance_2050.jpg

and I know, not every character easily falls into these charts but Kim is definitely a speedster/glass cannon.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Would the modern control system make this closer to something like Smash? I'd love to play this, but I haven't played a proper fighting game in a while. Just don't have the time or patience to commit these combos to memory anymore.

I've been able to get to elite ranking on smash though. I know that's not amazing or anything, but I feel I've got down at least some FG fundamentals. Am I just dreaming in being able to do okay now with the new control scheme?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
From what I've seen, Luke, Ken, Cammy, and E Honda(Shinkiro does all the art for his) have the best artwork/illustrations in their story/arcade modes by faaaaaaaaaaaar.

JP, Ryu and Blanka by far the ugliest.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Would the modern control system make this closer to something like Smash? I'd love to play this, but I haven't played a proper fighting game in a while. Just don't have the time or patience to commit these combos to memory anymore.

I've been able to get to elite ranking on smash though. I know that's not amazing or anything, but I feel I've got down at least some FG fundamentals. Am I just dreaming in being able to do okay now with the new control scheme?
As a fellow modern enjoyer, I would say Modern essentially removes the execution barrier for the most part and its all down to reading your opponent and fundamentals
Modern ain't gonna fix you being good at neutral but it will make DP easier to input

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017

It's pretty close. One button specials and it has autocombos when you hold down one of the shoulder buttons and hit the face buttons. I think it's a great way to get started at least.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about them showing wired/wireless…

But I am scared people will bully me if they see me with the M for modern controls

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I'll fully concede and say hop kick is ass and will never be used. Still doesn't take away the rest of the power in her kit. I mean, without taking away defense, how would you balance her? As soon as you touch her bomb mix ups or speed, you'd have people crying bloody murder that "capcom is taking away the fun".

CBalance_2050.jpg

and I know, not every character easily falls into these charts but Kim is definitely a speedster/glass cannon.

I don't think any balancing was required to be honest, she already had a major downside in that she had some of the lowest damage and didn't have a cancelable Cr. Med kick. Which makes it very hard to punish shimmy attempts.

She wasn't even the best character in the beta, that honor goes to Guile by some distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.