What system are you primarily gonna play Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 852 43.8%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 28 1.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 229 11.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 38 2.0%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 798 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BackwardCap

The King of Games - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As said above, most normals in this game are minus, and the ones that are plus have way too much pushback to make a tick throw out of. So they're not really like that in SF6.

However, Drive Rush to normal, with the momentum, can be a substitute in certain instances. It'll be important for the grapplers. So basically, it takes resources to do that in this game.

Yep, it's true.

Jabs are only minus 1-2 frames and have a bunch of cancel options, so most people wont be able to react to tick throw anyway. Not to mention it gets a huge reward if the opponent is trying to parry or drive impact through pressure.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still aiming to get this on PC, but I'm not super familiar with Denuvo and why it's potentially bad. Would this affect network play in any way? What about mods (a big part of the reason I want to go PC is applying whatever cool/funny costume/character mods people come up with)?

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Things this game is missing, or are assumed missing for me:

- The Juke Box music being able to change stage or character themes during regular fights, Smash Bros Ultimate style.
- Matching as a trio with two friends for team battles
- Cross save/progression from PS4 to PS5 so you don't have to grind World Tour mode all over again.

Forgot one:
- Online play for the retro games

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped. Took off work on Friday even.
cheers-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Off monday and tuesday a holiday
Long weekend bois

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jabs are only minus 1-2 frames and have a bunch of cancel options, so most people wont be able to react to tick throw anyway. Not to mention it gets a huge reward if the opponent is trying to parry or drive impact through pressure.
It depends on the level of player you're facing. But, again, tick throws in SFV were stronger than they are in this game. Especially since strikes beat throws on the same frame here instead of the opposite before.

The exception is DR and burnout. That's it.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get to spend time with the demo or open beta but I could already see that drive impact is going to get spammed hard the first few days. Is the only counter to it spamming it back and jumping? Also have people posted character creator recipes anywhere? I spent wayyyy too much time on it and my characters still look wak

Jun 22, 2021
My body is ready to finally experience SF6(my first SF). I hope to go from being the absolute worst at fighting games to actually being pretty decent.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I didn't get to spend time with the demo or open beta but I could already see that drive impact is going to get spammed hard the first few days. Is the only counter to it spamming it back and jumping? Also have people posted character creator recipes anywhere? I spent wayyyy too much time on it and my characters still look wak
You can also Drive Parry it or do a move that hits three times before they finish the attack.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

You can also parry, I believe. Or use an attack that hits at least 4(?) times in quick succession.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how good most of the story/arcade/gallery art is makes me extra sad that some of my faves didn't make the cut. Hoping this game has a long enough life-span to build a big roster 🤞 already making some new faves though!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I really wish there was a trial version. Im gonna keep playing the demo but I just wanna try the whole thing

Too casual of a fan and intimidated to buy it but I have no problem waiting for the price drop and trying it down the line. The modern controls are the only reason for me to have an interest and I wish all fighting games had the option

From what i understand the modern controls dont allow u to do everything though? How limited is it?

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh man I really wish there was a trial version. Im gonna keep playing the demo but I just wanna try the whole thing

Too casual of a fan and intimidated to buy it but I have no problem waiting for the price drop and trying it down the line. The modern controls are the only reason for me to have an interest and I wish all fighting games had the option

From what i understand the modern controls dont allow u to do everything though? How limited is it?

Usually with fighting games the longer you wait, the harder you're likely get your ass beat when you finally do jump in.

Maybe this will have long legs though and newcomers will keep trickling in for other newbies to face.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

As Max would say, usually the best time to get into a fighting game is within the first month. That's when you'll find the most amount of newer players around your skill level.

As for Modern, you do lose out on some specials. But how much you lose will depend on the character. You also lose half of your normals, but how significant of a loss that it will also depend on the character.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
You lose various normals. At least 3. So that's at least 3 standing, 3 crouching, and 3 jumping normals because you can't choose which one. You can only choose the strength of the normal (L, M, H).

On some characters, you even lose manual input of a special move. For example : ken can't do varying levels of his hadouken. He can only use the special button which is one speed (+ex/OD versions) of it. His kicks take priority as they share the same input. Most characters don't have this "issue" however. And they still have access to manual input of all their special moves.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Awesome OT!
Looks like my copy is going to arrive tomorrow. Time to finish V's campaign today.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
damn i hope we see online SFA/SF3 in battle hub somewhere down the line. i assume there's little to no chance for like xvsf, mvc, svc but ill put it out there anyway

Alpha is pretty likely. SF3 is less likely because I believe there's issues with emulating CPS3 or something? I can't remember the exact reason but it's basically why there were no CPS3 games in any of the Arcade Stadiums.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
As Max would say, usually the best time to get into a fighting game is within the first month. That's when you'll find the most amount of newer players around your skill level.
Honestly jumping on at the start is completely unnecessary in Street Fighter

No issues finding people at my skill level Starting at the absolute end of SFV

BlazBlue tho 😨

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
Your boss laughed you out of the building, but who will be laughing when you wave that wad of One Million Capcom Bucks in their face???
I would have laughed cause they are a Honda enjoyer.
I kid, I rember the real terror I faced against Honda in SFV; mostly cause nobody used him and I was unprepared.

ALSO GOT MY CODE
I'M READY

sf6-street-fighter.gif
My bronze experience in a nutshell.
The times I baited myself for being "smart" and using DI against a cornered opponent, only for them to jump and then eat a combo. Still doing it again! Nothing beats rock.

Carcosan Stag

AVALANCHE
Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Fantastic OT! I can't wait to dive in and get my ass kicked! First time really getting invested in a FG. Got a Hitbox a while back I'm hoping to learn with. Looking forward to Marisa, Juri, and Cammy! <3

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how long it'll last, but the dopamine rush of DI-ing someone's DI is *chef's kiss*. The combination of slow-mo, sweet sound effects, and knowing
you're about to get a huge combo afterwards... truly can't be beat. I feel like they were inspired by Tekken 7's slow-mo finishes for sure.

Speaking of Tekken, I'd love to see Arslan have a serious presence in SF6 tournaments. I was hype when SonicFox started learning SFV and even placed top 3 a couple times with FANG, but then it seemed like they stopped caring about it completely. I'm sure $1mil will grab a lot of players though!

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely.. a choice for the OT subtitle
I'll probably just have to get used to it
But I'm so excited, just one more sleep and then its time for me to get my butt kicked in ranked, and explore World Tour, and do dumb Extreme matches

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the level of player you're facing. But, again, tick throws in SFV were stronger than they are in this game. Especially since strikes beat throws on the same frame here instead of the opposite before.

The exception is DR and burnout. That's it.

I haven't looked at the frame data, but the throw tech window felt pretty generous in the demo too compared to SF5.

Definitely felt like the throw game will be different here.

Status
Not open for further replies.