What system are you primarily gonna play Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 852 43.8%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 28 1.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 229 11.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 38 2.0%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 798 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I thought it was at least a consistent set of auto combos, I'm all for accessibility but I genuinely don't understand who this is for. I don't think no gaming is even the demographic because what else works likes that irl. It would be like if your phone occasionally took a picture or opened your email when you turned on the screen
Little kids, for one. Or anyone at a party who doesn't game but can be included in non-serious matches and experience pressing buttons to see cool shit happen. It's offline only and isn't gonna see a lot of use generally, but there's certainly niche cases where it has value.

Oh shit, really? Awesome.
Yeah, the way it works is that if you do the single-button specials or supers, there's a 20% damage penalty, but if you do the motion input then you get full damage. Some characters with too many specials also still have moves in Modern that can only be done with the motion input, like Juri.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably going to start with Fighting Ground, specifically to do Luke's arcade route. He's the first master you encounter in World Tour so I'm thinking I'll do a Master's arcade route just prior or just after meeting them in World Tour to get the context for why they are where they are. So I'll be bouncing between those two modes for a while.
This is a much smarter approach than what I was thinking, which was "uhhh Modern through the short ladder for everyone for their artwork"

I might still do that

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Life is good this Friday. I'm watching some videos about Dee Jay's moveset to get an idea of how things will be. I usually go to the lab for a day to get some basics down but I may just jump straight to Ranked and learn on the fly.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
...the training mode or do you have a labrador on the side?
full

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn between trying to play this with the PS5 pad knowing it'll be easier to control the World Tour mode vs. a fightstick, but I also want an excuse to buy a new fightstick for PS5. I don't even know what the better options are there, to be honest.

Talk me out of this.

It'll clearly always be easier to control WT mode with a pad than stick, but it's at least worth mentioning that they added a way to control the camera without a right analog stick. Holding R1 (heavy punch) lets you use the 4 main face buttons as left/right/down/up camera controls. Still clunky, but at least playable. It felt really weird at first but I started getting used to it on my hitbox by the end of the beta.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Excited to play this! I somehow never played any of the betas so I will be going into this practically blind. Gonna play through World Tour to get my feet wet before playing matches online.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, what are you all planning to do when the game boots up? I mean other than going to the Options menu and setting everything up as you like it. Because that doesn't count.

The menu says WORLD TOUR / BATTLE HUB / FIGHTING GROUND. Which one are you picking?

Fighting Ground > Go through all 18 character arcade stories.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
I thought it was at least a consistent set of auto combos, I'm all for accessibility but I genuinely don't understand who this is for. I don't think no gaming is even the demographic because what else works likes that irl. It would be like if your phone occasionally took a picture or opened your email when you turned on the screen
A reviewer here had a story about his mom and sister hashing it out using Dynamic and Modern respectively and they had a blast. His whole family was getting in on it and having fun.

These are some of the cases Capcom was aiming for. It's not about adding longevity or trying to bring in *everybody* but just letting people able to have fun without worrying about whether they knew how to play or not.

RedHeat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, what are you all planning to do when the game boots up? I mean other than going to the Options menu and setting everything up as you like it. Because that doesn't count.

The menu says WORLD TOUR / BATTLE HUB / FIGHTING GROUND. Which one are you picking?
Play World Tour for a couple hours, then spend the a few hours learning Marisa and Lili. Maybe play arcade to wind down after.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Just got my code from 2game! So hyped I took vacation time until the 9th of June. I already added it to my Steam library but I'm assuming all I can do is pre-load the game right now until 12 AM EST on June 2nd?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Speaking of Capcom Cup and the tournament scene, it's gonna be real interesting to see what the pro scene will look like in a year or so. Which old names will make the jump? Which will quit/fade into obscurity? What will the new generation look like?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
CD Keys just taunting me every time I check for my code, knowing it won't be there, and reminding me "this will be available June 2nd."

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Woo! Fantastic OT! Preload ready, so excited for Friday! Gonna be my first fighting game at launch I think, and also the first where I'll be playing online a lot. Glad my PS5's wired, lol.

I love the new artwork from Famitsu, though it does remind me of how I find the Luke-Ryu connection a bit weird. Like I get the former's meant to be the latter's successor as the face of the franchise, but from what we know of the story and characters, Luke is way more connected to Ken. At least based off of the SF6 stuff, I don't know anything about Luke from SF5. So I just find it a little weird seeing the two of them paired like that a lot. I get why though.

So many characters I wanna try… definitely gonna try out Chun's and Juri's character guides first though, probably. But for the newcomers, I wanna try almost all of them! Gonna be hard choosing which ones I wanna focus on learning…

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
cdkeys seems to be the only place not getting any keys early lol. Price of getting the game for cheap I guess

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Well done on the OT, Neoxon .
Can't believe Capcom has yet to put forth any info regarding the release time. I guess I'll just take my chance in pre-ordering on the xbox, take the day off tomorrow and hope we get an early unlock via the New Zealand way.
francis.png

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Preloaded on Series X.

I'd say Friday can't come fast enough, but depending on how reliant the game is on online connectivity, I'm not holding my breath I'll be able to play World Tour or Battle Hub.

I've been burnt by too many Online game launches in the past to have hope for day one …(Diablo 3, Street Fighter V, Overwatch 2… the list goes on)

Do we know if World Tour mode requires Capcom ID? If so, just logging in to get Capcom ID authenticated with their servers might prevent you from playing much of the single player content that isn't local, training or vs CPU…

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
cdkeys seems to be the only place not getting any keys early lol. Price of getting the game for cheap I guess

Got mine from 2game and yeah just got my code, but kinda wish I got it from CDkeys now since you can get the Ultimate Edition for a little more than what I paid for the Deluxe Edition. Still nice to get the pre-load ready but my Internet is so fast and Steam downloading is so quick it wouldn't really matter for me.

All good though, I'm sure the extra costumes and stages can be purchased separately or bought with Fight Money once the game is out.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
is it weird that I am clicking with modern controls despite having played street fighter since the original

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
You do you! No one can tell you how to live. Enjoy that 20% damage output deficit.

:P

What's interesting about Modern controls is you can actually still do traditional inputs to keep the normal damage output. What it comes down to is that Modern allows you to react quicker in a lot of scenarios, such as reaction Supers, etc. However, you do lose access to some normals/buttons and the flexibility that Classic controls offer.

Personally, I will be sticking to Classic because it's what I know best, but Modern does seem like a great alternative for new players and pad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.