What system are you primarily gonna play Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 852 43.8%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 28 1.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 229 11.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 38 2.0%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 798 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Is the steel battalion control tournament legal?

brittany-reinhard-ren2.jpg
"I will make it legal"

I remember thinking this was the nerdiest thing back in 2000 when I saw it in magazines.

Now I play DiRT Rally 2.0 in a rig that costs as much as a small car 🙃

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I hope they significantly nerf Kimberly at launch so I don't have to feel as guilty about maining her.

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Kim
Didn't even make it to day 1.
Now gotta scramble to find another main sigh.
I know you're mostly joking (or at least I hope so), but this was always bound to happen, which is why a lot of players were saying don't get used to whatever you were doing with your main in the beta builds.
Typically the hyper aggressive characters, grapplers, and blender/mixup characters have weaker defensive options....and if they do have good options, they get nerfed eventually.

This is the day 1 character and this is how she releases, so I don't think there's a reason to panic. Pretend you never played the beta and this is how it always was.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
"Mindset" would imply us Cammy and Kim players think.

Not thinking when it counts: that's how we win.

"I've punished their jump 6 times, no way they'd do a 7th"

I honestly cannot wait to do some walk up DPs lmfao

Playing like a wildboy is fun. You can actually pinpoint the other side breaking their controller.

Switching it up against people who don't get tilted is great too, goes from checkers to chess when they don't get rattled

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I know you're mostly joking (or at least I hope so), but this was always bound to happen, which is why a lot of players were saying don't get used to whatever you were doing with your main in the beta builds.
Typically the hyper aggressive characters, grapplers, and blender/mixup characters have weaker defensive options....and if they do have good options, they get nerfed eventually.

This is the day 1 character and this is how she releases, so I don't think there's a reason to panic. Pretend you never played the beta and this is how it always was.
I am joking. Didn't even play the beta but do think ex DP nerf was tough and was unexpected.
Having grapplers being too good is dangerous and mixup characters can easily become great if they aren't careful so i understand. Hated Ibuki.
I just hope they don't go too far where they become useless .

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Any info on the battle pass? I'm interested in it but only if it's light on the avatar customization, I'm not touching that mode.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
People freaking out about nerfs before they even get the game in hand and Kim's hopkick being called a trash ass move in response.

Street Fighter really is back.
crying-will-truman.gif

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I've never really gotten into any fighting games but with the Modern Controls I think this might be the one that gets me into the genre, excited to join the party and ready to get destroyed

Are there any characters more suited to total beginners like myself? I've been trying Luke in the demo and I really like him, but would like to focus on 2-3 characters in total

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
Y'know, I had a random thought.

So a regular character pass and an ultimate character pass is more than likely be a thing going forward. What if the ultimate character pass also just gave you whatever premium thing the battle pass was doing?

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I've never really gotten into any fighting games but with the Modern Controls I think this might be the one that gets me into the genre, excited to join the party and ready to get destroyed

Are there any characters more suited to total beginners like myself? I've been trying Luke in the demo and I really like him, but would like to focus on 2-3 characters in total
I would suggest you just play characters you like the look of or how they play. It will make learning the game a lot easier and way more fun that way.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
played a little Mika and don't mind her returning sorry

Guile on modern controls is crazy. Also going with Ryu is good

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

So a regular character pass and an ultimate character pass is more than likely be a thing going forward. What if the ultimate character pass also just gave you whatever premium thing the battle pass was doing?
Well... it's better than paying to grind for it, I guess...

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022

The Guile gameplan can be pretty simple and he doesn't have too many special moves to think about.

Oct 25, 2017

Ryu, because he's Ryu.
Guile with modern controls is pretty good to learn with too.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
One of the 4 people that will buy this on Xbox.

I'm trash at fighting games, always have been. Hoping I can finally really learn how to play.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

Even more annoying with them hiding the BP shit, and what's in it.

I can imagine people who bought the deluxe would be mad, if they were thinking of buying the BP, but it ends up costing more than the difference between deluxe and ult.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia

I can imagine people who bought the deluxe would be mad, if they were thinking of buying the BP, but it ends up costing more than the difference between deluxe and ult.
I feel like if they went this route it wouldn't happen until season 2 when they actually start having a premium section of it.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I fully expect them to do a "This one's on us" and add it as an extra value proposition to the season 2 Ultimate Pass. It's basically being presented at annual release pricing, they need some way to goad the people who play launch roster characters nearly exclusively into opting into that because it makes more sense than buying that stuff individually.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

The character most suited to a beginner is whoever seems fun to you. If you liked Luke in the demo, play Luke. If you like somebody else in the main game, play them. The game itself tells you which characters are easier or harder to play on the character select screen, but honestly ignore that too. There are 18 characters for a reason. Ain't no one size fits all. Nobody else can tell you who you'll have the most fun with.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Would've preferred Juri's battle outfit in respect to SFV choices, but whatever (could always still happen later, especially given how much they like giving her more costumes).
played a little Mika and don't mind her returning sorry
Full disclosure, former Ibuki main (demoted to secondary in favor of Akira) and wouldn't mind her returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.