What system are you primarily gonna play Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 852 43.8%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 28 1.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 229 11.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 38 2.0%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 798 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
What's this battle pass I am hearing about? On top of the season pass there is also a battle pass? Is it real?
One the new the CFN website shows there's a monthly fighters pass. No concrete details on price etc just know there's a free and premium tier and that it's mostly for avatar cosmetics. The pic on the site does show the free side having a rental token and premiums side with drive tickets and some arcade icon idk what it does. Monthly rotation I'd assume it can't cost too much and supposedly can earn premium currency ingame Ala fight money.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
I think they actually made Chun Li's thighs more proportional in this final build.

Watching someone do training mode with her, and they seem different compared to the beta.

Either that or it's nearing midnight and my tired eyes are playing tricks on me.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
One the new the CFN website shows there's a monthly fighters pass. No concrete details on price etc just know there's a free and premium tier and that it's mostly for avatar cosmetics. The pic on the site does show the free side having a rental token and premiums side with drive tickets and some arcade icon idk what it does. Monthly rotation I'd assume it can't cost too much and supposedly can earn premium currency ingame Ala fight money.
So season pass is for new characters and fighter's pass for cosmetics? What about stages?
This is so confusing and why aren't they making it clear upfront?

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
giphy.gif
Well...at least she looks better here than in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can you get the Deluxe/Ultimate Edition stuff as an upgrade? Don't really wanna drop a bunch on this right now, but it'd be nice to know I'm not missing out.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
So season pass is for new characters and fighter's pass for cosmetics? What about stages?
Thats the weird thing. Even now they have not officially talked about it. The only reason I can think of other than nefarious ones is that maybe the plans arent set in stone yet.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Working off deluxe and ultimate editions simply being the game plus season/ultimate pass respectively. Last season of 5 had a similar pass split. That would put season pass as dlc characters and drive tickets. While ultimate pass is characters plus alt outfit, stages and more tickets.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Can you get the Deluxe/Ultimate Edition stuff as an upgrade? Don't really wanna drop a bunch on this right now, but it'd be nice to know I'm not missing out.
Indeed, the pass will be sold separately.

Hell, even the deluxe/ultimate edition's contents are listed as "Game & Deluxe/Ultimate Pass"

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Can't play until tomorrow night but that's basically me on my way home after work. Just replace the four with a six.

View: https://youtu.be/dvPKGSk13zo

I think the context for the video is that they were on their way to a location test for Street Fighter IV over 11 years ago. Damn, time flies...

RedHeat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uuuuugh, 14 hours until unlock. But I'm going to go see Spiderverse so it won't be that long of a wait

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
game.capcom.com

STREET FIGHTER 6 Official Web Manual

STREET FIGHTER 6 Official Web Manual
huh
Note: Please note that intentionally disconnecting from online matches repeatedly will result in penalties, such as not being able to use matchmaking, etc.

Matchmaking
Turn on matchmaking for ranked or casual matches and search for an opponent. A battle will begin when an opponent is found.

Matchmaking will remain active even if you start up an arcade, training, or combo trial session, allowing you to continue playing while you wait for another opponent to come your way.
73_1_1.jpg

Blocked Players
Blocked players are added to your CFN blocked list and the following restrictions are applied.

Note: Behavior may be different when also using block functionality at the hardware level.

Ranked/Casual Match:
Will not show up during matchmaking.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to do story mode? Cosmetics wise? I'd rather skip that tripe if I can.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The Clubs!
72_2_1.jpg

Gather real-life friends, coworkers, and like-minded fighters and create your own community, known in this game as a club.

Joining a club will get you the same club uniform worn by everyone else in the club, and will also grant access to timelines and message boards that can be used to communicate with other members.

The person that founds a club will become its leader, and subleaders can be appointed that have the rights to scout, reject or approve applications, and kick members.

If the leader does not log in for over 30 days, they will be deemed inactive and another member will be made the leader of the club. The leader position will usually be passed on to a subleader, but other members may be selected in cases where subleaders are also inactive, or are already another club's leader.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Indeed, the pass will be sold separately.

Hell, even the deluxe/ultimate edition's contents are listed as "Game & Deluxe/Ultimate Pass"
Thanks! I guess the game will also likely have a "DELUXE ULTIMATE SPECIAL EDITION!!!" in two years time that'll collect everything together for cheap.

I'm gonna get the Standard Edition, then. As a noob I don't want to put so much money into a game I might bounce off of. However, I did just play the demo a bit and even the micro-experience of going from getting bodied by a Level 4 Ryu, to doing the bodying, was so satisfying.

The modern controls are amazing too. Idc if they're "woke" and make me a pleb or something; the fact that I can now worry about what I'm actually doing instead of worrying about inputs is a massive bonus.

Only issue now is the Wi-Fi thing. It's disheartening seeing the hate 'Wi-Fi Warriors' get, even if I know it's justified. I just can't do ethernet, and power-line adapters don't work for me (they're intermittent, and they harm the overall speed).

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Looking at some pricing on reddit alot of stuff in-game can be bought with fighter coins or drive tickets with the ratio looking like 50 coins = 1000tickets. Some stuff can't be bought with tickets though like increasing number of clubs you can join costs 25 coins.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
mixed feelings on this
But honestly, how often are you gonna go out of your way to.. listen to old game tracks in a seperate menu? The retro games, I understand though, that's a bummer. All of these things would be super cool to unlock during other game modes or to find as hidden things in the story mode world.

I guess the real "wtf is this shit" offers will only come along a few weeks after launch once all reviews are in and sales are sold, as usual.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
old music and the games are the sort of bonuses that don't matter that much that I can see as battle pass rewards. If that's basically the best you'll get in the battle pass (with maybe one new skin or something at the end) then I'm definitely not gonna stress over it lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
They will still be rotating in the hub i guess so this will just be to have it as a collection
Oh, OK. Fair enough. I just hope there's enough 'permanent' stuff to unlock and work towards, as I doubt I'll be playing the game enough to ever finish a Battle Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.