Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm not certain but isn't Celebration not canceled yet because of an insurance thing? They probably can't cancel yet because of whatever insurance policy they have on the convention center.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
They should be saying that and refunding tickets. If the Olympics can be delayed, so can Star Wars Celebration. Because it isn't just the tickets to the event that need refunding, people make travel plans to events like this.

It's irresponsible to keep things hanging like this when it's pretty clear that, even if lockdown starts to ease by August, we still aren't going to be back to normal.

They sent an email update last week:

7AUUgEo.png

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alex's yearly video is up. One thing that caught my eye is that Palpatine was not behind the formation of the clone army. How long has this been known?

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
They sent an email update that said they have plenty of time to still cancel if they need to. I think they are handling it fine. They will most likely cancel it.

I disagree, if you're someone who is travelling a distance to visit Celebration, they're leaving it really rather late.

As I say, if the Olympics can announce its delay, why is Celebration still holding on and risking people's travel plans?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Vader Immortal is coming to PSVR as well which is cool, more people need to try that game. The lightsaber dojo is really fun especially by the third chapter when they start chucking Stormtroopers into the mix as well and give you a load of legacy lightsabers to play around with.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I disagree, if you're someone who is travelling a distance to visit Celebration, they're leaving it really rather late.

As I say, if the Olympics can announce its delay, why is Celebration still holding on and risking people's travel plans?

The Olympics were supposed to be in July and Celebration is late August. 4 months is plenty of time to give people IMO but there is no right answer for how to handle this stuff.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Rian's film isn't happening Lucasfilm need to freaking say it already, staying silent and hoping people somehow forget is not a good look

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I think there are insurance reasons for this. You see it with concerts and festivals too.

Bigger insurance reasons than the 2020 Olympics?

Come on guys, I'm a fan who hates the typical Era approach to Star Wars myself. I'd like to think my positions on Star Wars are known enough by now that I'm not some mindless hater. But is it really hard to say that Lucasfilm are fucking up their Covid response when it comes to celebration?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Holy crap I just saw these. Damn, I want either the Boba Fett or the Tie Pilot one (or both XD).

lego-star-wars-helmets.jpg

Course they have a lego D-O, ugh all of these sets that I want now lol. Will definitely keep them in mind, but I might just only get at least the Boba Fett helmet.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
EXMj2WOVcAE8Ke9

I'm not sure I'd ever realized before rewatching TLJ last night how much that boy is like Anakin in The Phantom Menace.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Come on guys, I'm a fan who hates the typical Era approach to Star Wars myself. I'd like to think my positions on Star Wars are known enough by now that I'm not some mindless hater. But is it really hard to say that Lucasfilm are fucking up their Covid response when it comes to celebration?

I have tickets and I disagree with you. I think as long as they make a decision in the next 6 weeks they are fine.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

It's more complicated than that and I'd imagine the organizer Reedpop also has a say in it. They're probably working with the convention center as well.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I have tickets and I disagree with you. I think as long as they make a decision in the next 6 weeks they are fine.

I don't want to pry, but how far are you travelling to go? If I was travelling trans-atlantic to go, I'd want alerts and refunds.

It's more complicated than that and I'd imagine the organizer Reedpop also has a say in it. They're probably working with the convention center as well.

More complicated than the biggest pandemic in living memory? I'm sorry, but if an organisation infamous for red tape as the IOC can delay, I don't see why it's so hard for Celebration.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to pry, but how far are you travelling to go? If I was travelling trans-atlantic to go, I'd want alerts and refunds.

More complicated than the biggest pandemic in living memory? I'm sorry, but if an organisation infamous for red tape as the IOC can delay, I don't see why it's so hard for Celebration.
They're probably looking for alternatives and want to have firm plans before saying anything.

At this point nothing is probably happening in August and if people feel they need to start cancelling travel plans then they should do so.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

A fair point, I dont have major travel plans as I live within driving distances. However, I had to cancel travel plans that were weeks away not months away when Covid started. I think you are creating unneeded stress by worrying about it this far out. If they decide in a month, that will still give you three months to cancel your travel plans.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
A fair point, I dont have major travel plans as I live within driving distances. However, I had to cancel travel plans that were weeks away not months away when Covid started. I think you are creating unneeded stress by worrying about it this far out. If they decide in a month, that will still give you three months to cancel your travel plans.

I don't feel it's unneeded stress. I used to travel transatlantic all the time, so I know exactly how difficult the refund process for flights is.

I also keep saying, and nobody has been able to rebut this, why it's prudent for the Olympics to delay, for all kinds of other live events to also delay too, yet Celebration refusing to delay is acceptable..

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Say what you want about Rise of Skywalker, but I love how it frames the sequel trilogy as Palpatine's revenge against the rebellion and specifically Han, Luke, and Leia - with his attempt to hold onto life being his undoing.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problems is these seeds aren't sown through TFA and TLJ.

Yeah, you can't just drop a plot twist like that on Fortnite. Either don't have Snoke in the trilogy at all and just have Palpatine show up at the end of The Force Awakens or have Palpatine's message sent out at the end of The Last Jedi right after Ben's control of the First Order appears tenuous at best.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you can't just drop a plot twist like that on Fortnite. Either don't have Snoke in the trilogy at all and just have Palpatine show up at the end of The Force Awakens or have Palpatine's message sent out at the end of The Last Jedi right after Ben's control of the First Order appears tenuous at best.
Either of those would had worked out fine. Instead we got what happened with TROS.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
The latest time to reveal Palps is when Snoke gets cut in half, that's where you immediately cut to Palpatine in shock, a la Gandalf breaking Saruman's control over Theoden in LOTR The Two Towers.