• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

"The resurgence of Osaka-based Capcom is one of the most uplifting stories of the current generation. Last year's.. hm, yes I'm doing it. Last year's monstrous hit Monster Hunter: World continues its momentum as it amazingly hit 13 million units sold just this past week, widening its margin as the company's best-selling game ever. January's Resident Evil 2 Remake is the 5th best-selling title of the 1st half of 2019 in the States according to NPD, and has eclipsed 4 million units at last count. March's Devil May Cry V showed well at launch and is estimated to be nearing the 3 million unit threshold. Continued sales of these should make for solid results in the quarter ending June, though I'm actually more interested in where executives go with guidance. Especially in light of Monster Hunter World's Iceborne expansion due out September.

I believe last count for Resi was it shipped 4 million, but now that number should be a good deal higher. And it's so good to hear that DMC5 has been so well received commercially as well as critically.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad DMCV is selling as much as it is man. Same with RE2 but I was wondering more about DMCV lol.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
THE CAPCOM FOUR

CLAShLB.png

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They're in a position of strength going into next generation. That's a lot different than the first half of this generation, where they seemingly needed help to finish SFV and released a sort of scaled-back (but really good!) RE7.

I think they're going to come out swinging next generation. I could see RE8 being the first major third party next-gen exclusive (Q1 '21?).

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, didn't both games have multiple people crying bomba due to early UK sales? Bomba indeed...

Anyway, Capcom is making fantastic games again. Praise be to them. RE2 is, in my opinion, one of the best games of this generation. Probably top 3. It is hard for me to believe how good it is.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
How is the game? I was going to get it in the last Steam summer sale But didn't. I plan on it though. Thanks

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
They'll be fully back when they get their shit together when it comes to Fighting Games. Those games listed in the OP got what SFV and MVC:I didn't, resources, consistency in focus across its features, and time.

I shall alert Capcom that they are indeed not back just yet and to get back to work.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Iceborne and the rumored Vergil DLC will make everything taste so sweet.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's resurgence since RE7 has been my favorite story of the gen. really beautiful to see and I cant wait to see what next gen holds for them.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 Remake deserves better sales the game is great

Interesting that it's selling about what Dead Space 2 sold and EA still wasn't satisfied with it's results

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Man and to think that Capcom was one of the most hated companies at the beginning of the gen.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Interesting that it's selling about what Dead Space sold and EA still wasn't satisfied with it's results
To be fair in this ONE case...Deadspace 2 is one of the most expensive games ever made period, maybe they were expecting a bigger return on their investment.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017

Interesting that it's selling about what Dead Space 2 sold and EA still wasn't satisfied with it's results
Deadspace 2 cost around $60 millions to make without marketing cost in 2010s, and is even was more expensive than Mass Effect 2 which cost $40 million at the same period. To be fair, Deadspace 2 campaign had more variety of monsters and more different environment. 2 campaign of RE2 are rather short and basically the same to extent the playtime.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Vergil DLC... Please. I'm begging you, Capcom. Please.

Okay, my desperate need aside, I'm glad Capcom's doing very well! Especially happy about DMC doing well.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom has been on a downward spiral for like ten years. Just disappointment tbh.
But yeah, they finacially recovered if that's what you mean.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Capcom has been on a downward spiral for like ten years. Just disappointment tbh.
But yeah, they finacially recovered if that's what you mean.
They're clearly bouncing back in a big way in terms of quality. Their Switch support is questionable & their fighting games could be better, sure. But everything else is turning around for the better.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They seemed pretty lost last-gen having no idea where to take any of their franchises.

Funny how they're pretty much nailing this generation, by just take their series back to their roots.