Talos

Mar 5, 2019
I still don't get why Wolf mentioned how good Emma is with a sword. Did I miss something? Kind of feel like maybe something got cut out of the game but the dialogue wasn't changed.

Yes, I agree. I'm right at the end of the game and nothing of the sort of come up that would make him say that at that point of the game.

Oct 26, 2017
think it might have to do more with how much you grind. on my playthroughs after the first i'm not much interested in wading through trash i've already fought, and that is reeeeally slowing down the skill gain
Might also depend how much you refight I guess. I've been running past most things and bosses don't seem to payout a ton.
I mean the only grinding I did was for Mats, mini bosses give like a whole skill point, so if you just kill them its fine ^_^. I did full playthroughs and not restarting bs tho

That said....I didnt wanna grind for my last skill point, so I just switched to the PC version already. So smooth....can actually cancel my attacks so much better now

darkfall

Apr 11, 2018
How does the skill point cost scaling work? Does it cost more the more skills you buy, plus costing more per consecutive point earned?

Should I be spending points on lower level stuff immediately as opposed to holding onto skill points to unlock a bunch of stuff at once?

I've been holding off spending because I'm thinking the next skill book I find might have more interesting stuff, so I'm up to 7 skill points now and the cost of the next one is really high.

Only increases by the number of skill points you earned. Each skill point increases the required exp about 14 - 16

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
No you can't. Upload a video of you just mashing away against these bosses to prove you can then.

Genichiro you can get away with mashing at his face but you'll eventually get deflected and fucked up if you don't block or deflect back after they do. Ape can be stunlocked forever if you hit him with a certain rhythm. It's weird.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No you can't. Upload a video of you just mashing away against these bosses to prove you can then.
ape is easy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7b6mTfa_V8

Like I have zero reasons to lie about shit, I already did a full playthrough with the bell demon rung asap as my blind playthrough, most of the fights I strugged with until i just said fuck it and went full agro and noticed a lot of bosses put themselves in loops like idiots

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Skill check to see if you've learned to parry.

I know this will anger some people here, but: fuck From Soft and their skill checks.

It was fun, but when I see you guys talking about all these bosses and having trouble with their third phases and whatnot - and I died for the 20th time today from a simple general miniboss (the one after the bull) - I see that there really is no point in me continuing. I mean, no way I am going to beat the more difficult bosses.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the only grinding I did was for Mats, mini bosses give like a whole skill point, so if you just kill them its fine ^_^. I did full playthroughs and not restarting bs tho

That said....I didnt wanna grind for my last skill point, so I just switched to the PC version already. So smooth....can actually cancel my attacks so much better now
boy I'm on NG+ and mini bosses aren't giving anywhere close to a whole skill point

but yeah, that's what we were saying. i think it's pretty common to not bother with midbosses on subsequent playthroughs

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
THANK YOU!!!

To the person that posted here that the mortal blade techniques still work even if you don't have spirit emblems, just not as powerful.

It meant that I could actually kill the Corrupted Monk, my least favourite boss fight, what a chore, but I killed that motherfucker, didn't even cheese him with snap seeds.

It always does damage if you hit him, and it staggers him on the 2nd hit, *chefs kiss*

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on NG++++ and still grinding out 20 skill points. It really hurts once you beat the game once because you just want to run by all the trash mobs, but then come late-game farming spawns is too boring.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Add me to the group of people getting their ass handed to them by
Father Owl
. Anyone got tips for this guy? Can I beat
Corrupted Monk first and then come back to this to get the Purification Ending?

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Are you position your self to hit his back? Usually does the trick.

You don't even have to dodge really, just make sure your sprinting and make a run attack on his ass. You have to go in a little bit early.

Yeah i can't pull even this cheese tactic off. I can maybe do this hit and run cheese tactic once or twice but all other times i am getting hit. Nah it is it for me, throwing in the towel now. I just can't beat the game. It is what it is i guess..? fuck it.

If anyone plays this on Xbox PM me if you wanna do the last boss on my account lol. I just dont want to anymore, like at all.

I liked the game very much until
Great Shinobi Owl
and that fight was a huge wall for me that soured the game a bit. Then it picked up again some with the last section of the game. Until now.. I just dislike the game with the 2 last available fights in the game i just dont have the means to pull these off.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Yeah i can't pull even this cheese tactic off. I can maybe do this hit and run cheese tactic once or twice but all other times i am getting hit. Nah it is it for me, throwing in the towel now. I just can't beat the game. It is what it is i guess..? fuck it.

If anyone plays this on Xbox PM me if you wanna do the last boss on my account lol. I just dont want to anymore, like at all.

But ... what about the champagne?

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Killed the
Seven Ashina Spear guy... I used most of my health flask and all my pills but dang it, I did it!

First did a stealth kill then used blue ungo sugar + loaded axe to do it. Might be my favourite prosthetic so far. I tried to deflect but he does so much ridiculous posture damage.... I did one mikiri counter at least. Firecrackers seem good too.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Father Owl
You can beat COrrupted Monk, you just can;t beat the boss after her. As for Owl, the challenge is just throwing away what you learned in the first fight against him. Almost all of his moves are the same, it's the patterns that are different. Phase 2 is much easier since he loves to spam and attack you can easily Mikiri.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
hjCP4OQ.gif

https://twitter.com/Much118x

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I know this will anger some people here, but: fuck From Soft and their skill checks.

It was fun, but when I see you guys talking about all these bosses and having trouble with their third phases and whatnot - and I died for the 20th time today from a simple general miniboss (the one after the bull) - I see that there really is no point in me continuing. I mean, no way I am going to beat the more difficult bosses.

Honestly, I found some mini-bosses tougher than regular full bosses, since some require fighting in super specific arenas requiring specific moves to win. But, in general, you just need to git gud. I feel like a GOD with the game now on NG+.

That's how you get that dialogue, and Sekiro asks her how shs learned then talks as if she's good. It doesn't make sense because he's never seen her use a sword, again unless I'm missing something.

I had this same issue. I was like, "wait, what?"

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's how you get that dialogue, and Sekiro asks her how shs learned then talks as if she's good. It doesn't make sense because he's never seen her use a sword, again unless I'm missing something.

I took it as one of those things where a skilled swordsman can basically eye someone up and tell they're skilled with a blade just by how they present themselves.

Seems like a common trope in this type of thing anyway. Especially with how reluctant she seemed to talk about it.

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
How many playthroughs am I looking at to unlock all skills trophy? I would do it twice with a little grinding but not more than that
I did enough playthroughs to get all the endings and I still had to spend like bit a an hour of grinding to get all the skills. Granted, I ran past most of the enemies since it's really easy lol but it was just easier grinding xp on one enemy than killing everything again in a new playthrough. I think you need like 70k xp near the end just for one skill point. There's an easy grinding spot but it's boring.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Just now fighting Genichiro

This is gonna take a while :(

What really sucks is I wasn't paying attention and I was only 70XP away from a new skill point when I first fought him. I don't know why I wasn't looking at that before I fought him cause I knew it would take a while

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Beat the drunk and Lady Butterfly today. Beat the drunk first try, which was kinda crazy.

Sort of cheesed both of them I guess, but victory is all that maters.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, really struggling with the last boss, because I can't keep my focus during the first 2 phases at this point and as a result I keep making stupid mistakes. They can be so trivial that I really don't wanna play them anymore.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Though out of all Souls bosses Ebrietas was my worst enemy. I just couldn't figure her out no matter what I did. One of the worst walls ever.
Ebrietas is yet another example of my main problem with BB: lots of big bosses, awful camera and awul hitboxes. The boss does LOTS of charge attacks that are kind of cheap and do a ton of damage, when she is close it's hard to see what the hell she is doing, and has a ton of HP. It's not a beautiful fight, it's not interesting, it's basically long and cheap.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Hello, can anyone tell me at which bonfire I should look for the way to continue the story? Last boss I beat is
Genichro
(what a dick!). Just the general area and no spoilers please.
My guess is Main Hall from the temple, but I cannot do anything there, or can I? It is a dead end
Some questions:
Was the hidden door to Kuros room always accessible from the beginning? That shortcut blew my mind. And was the shop guy always at the first bonfire near Emma? I just saw him the first time after coming from Kuros room haha!

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
So I have an issue with a boss i think towards the end
transformed genichiro in the silver field, way of the omoe or smthg
Is there a specific coutner to
his mortzl blade attack?
I tried jump twice which works but the timing is weird so I get hit most of the time. Is there something im missing? I got him to the last bit of his posture and he killed me :(
he probably has a second phase with 2 lives i bet

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused about the prosthetic upgrades and I'm not sure if I'm running up against a glitch or just a poorly explained system. So, here's my issue (this will make more sense if you follow along on the Prosthetic Tool Upgrades tree):

I'm trying to unlock the Phantom Kunai upgrade. I have the Phantom Kunai item and the required upgrade materials. I have the required amount of Sen. I have the upgrades on the way to it (Spinning Shuriken > Spring-load Axe > Aged Feather Mist Raven). Yet it still lists Phantom Kunai as unavailable.

The only possible thing I can think of is if I also need the other upgrades that branch to it (Loaded Spear Thrust Type > Gouging Top) but that would be unlike the way the trees work anywhere else in the upgrade systems of the game (which I guess is just the Skill Trees) and there's nothing in any of the language that says this. And I'm certainly not gonna get the materials and sen for two upgrades I'm not interested in just to find out.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I beat the game, and have come to grips with the combat just fine.

The one thing I continuously SUCK at is kinda funny - I can't ledge-grab consistently to save my life. I see the prompt on the screen, I hit the button, I sometimes hold the button early. It never works all the time! What am I missing? Anyone else feel this is a little wonky? Am I crazy?

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Father Owl
This boss has crazy posture regeneration until he is at less than half HP. So be patient, hit him on the HP when he shows opportunities (two shurikens+jump strike if you dodge the strike, for example) or BEFORE he starts some attack string (risky but it pays off).

Then you start being more aggressive to destroy his posture.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, can anyone tell me at which bonfire I should look for the way to continue the story? Last boss I beat is
Genichro
(what a dick!). Just the general area and no spoilers please.
My guess is Main Hall from the temple, but I cannot do anything there, or can I? It is a dead end
Some questions:
Was the hidden door to Kuros room always accessible from the beginning? That shortcut blew my mind. And was the shop guy always at the first bonfire near Emma? I just saw him the first time after coming from Kuros room haha!
You've been given 3 objectives and you can tackle them in any order. Each path from the castle leads to one of the objectives.

That door was always there yes, but it was locked from the other side.

That merchant was one of the guys you met at the castle. Once you take out the enemies surrounding him he'll relocate to the temple and open up shop.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
his mortzl blade attack?
I tried jump twice which works but the timing is weird so I get hit most of the time. Is there something im missing? I got him to the last bit of his posture and he killed me :(
Just hug HIS left side/back for both swings. Easy.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona

The one thing I continuously SUCK at is kinda funny - I can't ledge-grab consistently to save my life. I see the prompt on the screen, I hit the button, I sometimes hold the button early. It never works all the time! What am I missing? Anyone else feel this is a little wonky? Am I crazy?
If you mean pressing X to grab on white ledges, you can hold the button all the time since you jump no problem.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ebrietas is yet another example of my main problem with BB: lots of big bosses, awful camera and awul hitboxes. The boss does LOTS of charge attacks that are kind of cheap and do a ton of damage, when she is close it's hard to see what the hell she is doing, and has a ton of HP. It's not a beautiful fight, it's not interesting, it's basically long and cheap.
The worst is when she starts spamming lasers AND swinging around AND doing charging attacks across the whole arena T__T
Makes me appreciate that in Sekiro all the bosses with projectiles are done fairly ok. None (LB, DoH, Schichimen warriors... That's it, I think?) are Ebrietas-level BS and are very manageable. Plus the umbrella helps a lot.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Ledge grab is perfectly fine and super responsive for me, if you aren't sure about the timing, tap it repeatedly. Do not hold it.
Also if you are doing wall jump, please don't spam the jump button, it's gonna do an air kick for you which interrupts the ledge grab.

Jul 20, 2018
I took it as one of those things where a skilled swordsman can basically eye someone up and tell they're skilled with a blade just by how they present themselves.

Seems like a common trope in this type of thing anyway. Especially with how reluctant she seemed to talk about it.

I guess I could maybe accept that. And yeah, she seemed very surprised he was e even asking.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame sidequest talk ahead.

Giving the Fountainhead Water to the priest in the locked temple and watching him turn into a Mist Noble was pretty fucked up. Lots of treasure carp scales for a reward, though. Also, poor Basket Man turned into a zombie and called me a "monster" even though HE was the one attacking me. :|

And then killing the Great Carp with the Truly Precious Bait. Now I have the full Dragon Mask! If I wanted, I guess I could grind myself up to a ridiculous level of attack power and just cheese the final boss with it. Not sure if it's worth the energy, but hey.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
The worst is when she starts spamming lasers AND swinging around AND doing charging attacks across the whole arena T__T
Makes me appreciate that in Sekiro all the bosses with projectiles are done fairly ok. None (LB, DoH, Schichimen warriors... That's it, I think?) are Ebrietas-level BS and are very manageable. Plus the umbrella helps a lot.
NEVER used the umbreall tbh (or the spear, or the axe aside from against some shield guys, or the fans, or the fire cannon), but I agree that the bossfights in general in Sekiro feel more fair but at the same time more intense than in any previous Miyazaki game, and as you said the projectiles are done in a more fair way (and are not that common). My main problem with projectiles in the game is how Gen-chan can mix-up some bow attacks midcombo, but even so it's a good opportunity to hit him in the face.

Jul 20, 2018
his mortzl blade attack?

I just run away from it, out of range, then run straight back to him. Sometimes can get a hit in.