• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
can someone tell me approximately how much more of the game I have left...I'm up to the boss
Great Shinobi Owl

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying unsuccessfully to beat the last boss for 3 days now. This is honestly too much.
I start my suffering this afternoon. Killed one life bar and the dude grabbed a spear and.....Oh well. This will take a while. I will watch good streamers playing, this way I can memorize the patterns of the boss without getting hand cramps lol.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
DoH...how the fuck can anybody beat this guy? i can barely get it down to 2 phases but 3 phases? Oh my goodness, all the gourd and spirit emblems is not enough for this fucker and his burning attacks. His right hook always gets me.
Stay on/ underneath him and you won't get hit with the hook. When he runs away from you, run toward him as fast as you can before he turns around to get back under him. Parry foot stomp if you're too close or circle around it if you're far enough

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
At this point hug your left, if you get spotted abuse the sprint into attack and it should be enough to kill them, go all the way up for a back path into that left side room for a stealth kill, will be a hole in the back hall way ceiling you can abuse to clear out the patrol. Keep following the edge of the place you'll come across one of the flutes and a spear guy, kill the flute, turn and go down that path kill the other flute and rest and the statue just outside there

I made it to the next part.

How do I get through the blocked door at the top of the big stairs? There's too many enemies up here and they always attack in swarms and I just want to be done. I'm having no fun getting through this.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
How far would you guys say I am? I just beat
Owl
at 30 hours and it feels like I have to be getting close to the endgame. I'm not looking stuff up until my next playthrough so if there are any optional areas and bosses for different endings I probably won't see them.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
can someone tell me approximately how much more of the game I have left...I'm up to the boss
Great Shinobi Owl
You're fairly late in the game, but still have a fair bit to go. It also depends on which ending you're going for.

Edit:
How far would you guys say I am? I just beat
Owl
at 30 hours and it feels like I have to be getting close to the endgame. I'm not looking stuff up until my next playthrough so if there are any optional areas and bosses for different endings I probably won't see them.
See above, literally the same question haha

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
I asked last night without a response.
Are there 2
Snake Eyes
? I took one out at the fort and read somewhere that there is one in a poison swamp somewhere which I haven't been to yet.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DoH...how the fuck can anybody beat this guy? i can barely get it down to 2 phases but 3 phases? Oh my goodness, all the gourd and spirit emblems is not enough for this fucker and his burning attacks. His right hook always gets me.
You don't need any spirit emblems for this fight, stick close be agressive, if you see the 3 hit swing combo dodge right then left left - sprint , the big stomp you can dodge to the right but it has tracking out the ass same for baby stomps, for the super jump soon as you see him go airborne sprint away then jump, for the charge attack jump to your left, when phase 2 starts for the fireballs just sprint in a circle, for the mega far range slam sprint to your right and when you see the arm at the peak of it's hight about to come down jump to the right then grapple. For phase 3 it's more of the same now he will do all that plus a double tackle which you react to by jumping to the right for the first one then if you see him charging back you jump to the left, the other unblockable is a big firesweep that he will swing twice to pin you in jump to the left since it will respond to the tackle if you are unsure still of the sweep timing. I dont believe the second hit needs to be jumped over? i remember ignoring it as its the aoe he puts around you. more of the same otherwise just keep beating the shit out of him parrying stomps and dodge dashing behind him as much as possible. He's not hard once you notice the tricks he just has a fuck ton of hp lol

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made it to the next part.

How do I get through the blocked door at the top of the big stairs? There's too many enemies up here and they always attack in swarms and I just want to be done. I'm having no fun getting through this.
That was the hardest part for me
beat the okami miniboss, then swim through the underwater cave past the carp

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
I DID IT. I FUCKING FINALLY DID IT. FUCCCCK ME. Final boss DOWN!

Wife and I are expecting twins on the way, so this may be the last FromSoft game I will be able to play in a long time.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's really fun. Stick close unless he does an unblockable, then be ready to gtapple back in to keep hitting. Never block, just dodge.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I start my suffering this afternoon. Killed one life bar and the dude grabbed a spear and.....Oh well. This will take a while. I will watch good streamers playing, this way I can memorize the patterns of the boss without getting hand cramps lol.

Did it yesterday after 4h of trying, what a chore...

For these phases just stay close to him to bait some Mikiri counters and just deflect/parry all you can and get free hits. No real trick on last phases except Mikiri counter as much as possible to make them as short as possible.
Sword Saint phase one though... Hit him until he deflects twice and gets a a "big" parry (more flashy and louder than normal ones), dodge to your right and repeat. Just run back if he does a stance and hit him again until big parry.
Making this first phase quick and painless without using gourds has make this fight much more manageable and less frustrating.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Been hours on this boss now lol. I am trying all sorts of things, from tips in this thread to youtuve vids. This is my best attempt, but as you can see,
I just die again in the third phase. I don't know how that last jump connected to be honest.
https://youtu.be/Ig338VfockU
you are running away too much you are making the fight longer and harder than it needs to be, stay mid range

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Trying to play DMC5 after this is rough. It feels archaic and slow as hell. It's making me appreciate Sekiro even more. There isn't even a way to quick switch your prosthetics in DMC5. What the hell.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Finished NG+3 and wrapped up everything other than getting all the skill points and uh, wow, this is going to take forever even using the best grind spot. Seems like I'd have to go through the same five enemy loop hundreds of times in order to get those remaining 20 points or so, meanwhile I'm the richest man on the planet, have 999 emblems, dozens of each consumable, all prosthetics, all unique vendor items etc.

Can't help but think the skill progression needs tuning. Kind of ridiculous that you can probably get to NG+7 without organically finishing out the trees. Insult to injury is the fact that so many of the skills aren't all that good to begin with. If I wasn't so close to 100%ing the game I wouldn't even think twice about bothering to get another combat art I'll never use, but here I am. Guess I need to load up some podcasts and get to work or just give it a rest until I feel like doing further playthroughs.

Oct 25, 2017
The last boss 2nd phase...
that overhead leap slam wih spear has ridiculous tracking or what? It's like you cannot dodge that thing whatsoever.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Just beat an optional end game boss and just wanted to share my kill on it:

Not entirely sure what to think of the boss as of yet, but it may be because I didn't really know how to fight it using this game's combat mechanics.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You're fairly late in the game, but still have a fair bit to go. It also depends on which ending you're going for.

for my first playthrough I'm not looking at any walkthroughs or spoilers...so whatever ending I get will not be something I tried to specifically get...only time I'm looking up anything is if I'm having difficulty with a boss or mini-boss (and I did have to do this multiple times)

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
The last boss 2nd phase...
that overhead leap slam wih spear has ridiculous tracking or what? It's like you cannot dodge that thing whatsoever.

I've had some cold sweats with that too but each time I didn't dodge perfectly right I kinda expected to be hit. Try to be as close to him as possible when it happens, and dodge a little bit later than you would, if done correctly you'll get some free hits on his back. If you're certain you're not gona make it though; parry it.

Ailanthium

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Finished NG+3 and wrapped up everything other than getting all the skill points and uh, wow, this is going to take forever even using the best grind spot. Seems like I'd have to go through the same five enemy loop hundreds of times in order to get those remaining 20 points or so, meanwhile I'm the richest man on the planet, have 999 emblems, dozens of each consumable, all prosthetics, all unique vendor items etc.

Can't help but think the skill progression needs tuning. Kind of ridiculous that you can probably get to NG+7 without organically finishing out the trees. Insult to injury is the fact that so many of the skills aren't all that good to begin with. If I wasn't so close to 100%ing the game I wouldn't even think twice about bothering to get another combat art I'll never use, but here I am. Guess I need to load up some podcasts and get to work or just give it a rest until I feel like doing further playthroughs.

That's disappointing to hear, though I am curious to hear what your grinding spot is. I'm too lazy to run tests on which strategies are best, though I did have some success in the Antechamber the second time through Ashina Castle, and...

Fountainhead Palace and Mibu Village both seem promising.

It seems like there isn't a concensus on the best endgame grinding spot yet, so far as I can tell. But at a certain point it doesn't make any sense to go for anything but the most optimal grinding spots because it's already taking me waaaay too long and I haven't even unlocked one of the skill trees.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
for the mega far range slam sprint to your right and when you see the arm at the peak of it's hight about to come down jump to the right then grapple
Interesting. I always ran/jumped to the left and that thing always got me anyway. I guess going right is safer in this case... oh well, I did get him, but good to know for next time.
He's really fun. Stick close unless he does an unblockable, then be ready to gtapple back in to keep hitting. Never block, just dodge.
I disagree with this. IMO blocking the stomps is safer, depending on how you are positioned.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Divine Confetti is probably the one aspect to this game I'm not a fan of. I just wanna beat headless but I gotta either buy or grind that item. Sucks because I was really close too.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like some confirmation before I bust my ass attempting this.
If I kill the Demon of Hatred again, will he drop Lapis Lazuli again?

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
for my first playthrough I'm not looking at any walkthroughs or spoilers...so whatever ending I get will not be something I tried to specifically get...only time I'm looking up anything is if I'm having difficulty with a boss or mini-boss (and I did have to do this multiple times)
I understand. But well, I ended up finding a path to an alternate ending on my own by chance, which took me to some additional content (including a difficult boss I spent literally 2h on... lol), so that's why I'm saying it could pad up your length quite a bit if that happens. :) But apparently it's quite hard to find (I guess I got lucky really), so you might miss it. Or if you do, you could also skip it since it's technically optional.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
Should I
Lure JINZAEMON KUMANO
? I think I'm near end of his story, I just found him past that swamp place.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I suck at this game but I'm still trudging forward. I've taken out 12 minibosses and still only one real boss. Stuck on quite a few but just opened up one new area. soon I think it'll be all boss dead ends.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
No wayyy, you should be hugging his crotch and dancing around so you're constantly attacking. Blocking slows you down and especially in ng+ would cause poise buildup.
I do, yes, but there are times where you are in mid-combo and
he raises his feet to stomp and even if I dodged, the tracking on that thing would still get me (the hitbox is sketchy at times) so it's fine to block/deflect it in a pinch. Made a huge difference for me tbh, early on I tried to just dodge everything Bloodborne style and I'd end up taking too many hits due to unfortunate positioning.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Great! I haven't tried yet. I have been exploring a lot, but have been coming to dead ends in other areas like the locked door at the fort and a certain "fancy dressed" monk by an alter in Senpou.
Yeah, the boss that progresses the main path is generally a wall for a lot of people at first. It is a big step up in difficulty in comparison to the previous two bosses. I struggled at it myself, so give it a go and if you struggle, go explore elsewhere and maybe you can get more prayer beads and a memory or two.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I was having a ton of issues with parrying.

Found out I had severe input lag.

I enjoy the game so much more now that's fixed :P

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
This final boss, Jesus. There is no room for any error it's just non stop reflex reactions that I can't get a handle of yet. And every damn form is so different. Almost two hours in and I'm not even close to beating it.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to respec skills or skill points in this game? I spent a lot on prosthetic skills that I really don't ever use :(

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Did this game just cockblock me in story progression with a super hard "optional" boss because I had no idea where to go and now because of the order I did things, now have to kill two super hard bosses in a small area at the same time?!

Wtf game

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone who has completed it let me know how far along I am ?

Got the stone, the flower, the mortal blade, and now Ashina castle has been taken over and Owl wants a fight up top. I haven't done anything regarding the abandoned dungeon thing (seen an option to send a couple of people there), and I also haven't killed a single headless yet. Managed to grab both dried and fresh things from the snake areas, got swim underwater ability now (take it there's some good shit to be found in prior areas with water?). Am I close to the end now, and if so, should I be clearing some things up before I proceed ?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I understand. But well, I ended up finding a path to an alternate ending on my own by chance, which took me to some additional content (including a difficult boss I spent literally 2h on... lol), so that's why I'm saying it could pad up your length quite a bit if that happens. :) But apparently it's quite hard to find (I guess I got lucky really), so you might miss it. Or if you do, you could also skip it since it's technically optional.

You beat the game yet?

Can someone who has completed it let me know how far along I am ?

Got the stone, the flower, the mortal blade, and now Ashina castle has been taken over and Owl wants a fight up top. I haven't done anything regarding the abandoned dungeon thing (seen an option to send a couple of people there), and I also haven't killed a single headless yet. Managed to grab both dried and fresh things from the snake areas, got swim underwater ability now (take it there's some good shit to be found in prior areas with water?). Am I close to the end now, and if so, should I be clearing some things up before I proceed ?

Pretty far, but how far depends on the ending you're going for. But, you're near the end.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Yeah, the boss that progresses the main path is generally a wall for a lot of people at first. It is a big step up in difficulty in comparison to the previous two bosses. I struggled at it myself, so give it a go and if you struggle, go explore elsewhere and maybe you can get more prayer beads and a memory or two.
Sounds good. Tonight I'll Give it a go and I'm going to get rid of that demon burden to lighten the load.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

yeah, this trophy was atrocious and hammered down that the game is too stingy with skill point experience