• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this thread OP. I've got recurring donations set up for this fund.

Since a bunch of people are riled up in this thread, I also want to advertise the Adopt a State effort being run by the people behind this fund:

votesaveamerica.com

Vote Save America

Vote Save America is the one-stop shop for everything you need to get informed, get involved, and get out the vote in the most important election of our lifetime.

You can select a swing state to volunteer for and take part on phone/text banking for that state. Given that this year all canvassing is virtual you don't even need to live in a swing state to help get out the vote there. I've adopted PA. This weekend is going to be huge for canvassing given the news so it wold be great of some folks here want to take part.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for this thread OP. I've got recurring donations set up for this fund.

Since a bunch of people are riled up in this thread, I also want to advertise the Adopt a State effort being run by the people behind this fund:

votesaveamerica.com

Vote Save America

Vote Save America is the one-stop shop for everything you need to get informed, get involved, and get out the vote in the most important election of our lifetime.

You can select a swing state to volunteer for and take part on phone/text banking for that state. Given that this year all canvassing is virtual you don't even need to live in a swing state to help get out the vote there. I've adopted PA. This weekend is going to be huge for canvassing given the news so it wold be great of some folks here want to take part.
adding to the OP!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind - you can donate to the US Representative races that are competitive in the states with chances to win the Senate race, too. Can get voters out in a number of ways.

Deleted member 73246

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 28, 2020
Broke AF with $60 in my account but I'll be damned if I'm just gonna sit here and do nothing. $25 less but I consider it an investment. No excuses. Let's go.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Pelosi has been asked about leveraging the government shutdown as a way to delay confirmation hearings enough to keep it from going through?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

This quote is so infuriating

Stephanie Simper, 38, said she would be casting her first ballot ever in a presidential election, also for Biden. "I just always went with the flow with whoever the president was," she said. "But you can't do that anymore."

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This is Republicans' wet dream. Especially if there's still an open seat on election day, R's will be motivated like crazy.
And I guess Democrats will be sat on their behinds. Look at the early voting lines, and how many today are stating they are motivated by RBG's passing. Look at the donation totals. The whole "Kavanaugh motivated GOP in 2018!" thing was already a myth, it just increased polarization.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans are always motivated to vote due to the neverending onslaught of Fox News/right wing media. That's part of the reason they continually win and hold power. Dems being motivated and having the cash to get their message out is great. Women will be motivated like crazy to go out and vote this year.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
And I guess Democrats will be sat on their behinds. Look at the early voting lines, and how many today are stating they are motivated by RBG's passing. Look at the donation totals. The whole "Kavanaugh motivated GOP in 2018!" thing was already a myth, it just increased polarization.
That's not a bad point. But there's a reason Republican ghouls are already on Twitter licking their chops at the thought of reversing RvW all of a sudden. It's no coincidence.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be needed. RBG's death is going to awaken a bunch of Republican voters who were going to sit this one out because of Trump. Expect to see a bump in the polls for Republican senators.
Supreme Court is kinda baked into the hardcore Republican base. They're the consistent turnouts. On the other hand RBG specifically was rather well known even to younger liberal voters who are more likely to actually skip out. Name recognition will amplify this to the left. It also may push donations throughout the senate, as has already happened.

In addition, the Obama to Trump swing voters are largely pro-choice. Women were abandoning him already. Plus this becomes a battle for healthcare even more so and democrats win that every time.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
more people are picking sides thats what's really happening than staying neutral, and if 2018 is any indication people do not like the racism and sexism.

The Heightened Importance of Racism and Sexism in the 2018 US Midterm Elections | British Journal of Political Science | Cambridge Core

The Heightened Importance of Racism and Sexism in the 2018 US Midterm Elections - Volume 52 Issue 1

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a bad point. But there's a reason Republican ghouls are already on Twitter licking their chops at the thought of reversing RvW all of a sudden. It's no coincidence.
All those ghouls were already voting for Trump. Remember that there are more Democrats than Republicans in America. That's why the GOP attacks voting, and engages in suppression and gerrymandering. Because they have to cheat and discourage to keep power, they're the minority.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from the UK so not able to vote or anything like that, are there any recommended causes on this I can donate to? I see most of them are US only donations.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused as to what this extra money will do, though? More ads? I urge people to vote for something like this, the fines of former convicts, because it'll at least mean that even if seats aren't flipped, that there will be a tangible benefit to the lives of those ex-convicts, not having to be shackled by that debt anymore:
wegotthevote.org

Help Florida's Returning Citizens Pay Fines and Fees

Donate today to help people with past convictions in Florida pay their fines and fees so they can move on with their lives.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm confused as to what this extra money will do, though? More ads? I urge people to vote for something like this, the fines of former convicts, because it'll at least mean that even if seats aren't flipped, that there will be a tangible benefit to the lives of those ex-convicts, not having to be shackled by that debt anymore:
wegotthevote.org

Donate today to help people with past convictions in Florida pay their fines and fees so they can move on with their lives.
more ads, more staff, ability to do more phone banks, get out the vote stuff etc etc.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
wegotthevote.org

Ads are good

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
more ads, more staff, ability to do more phone banks, get out the vote stuff etc etc.
But those ads aren't guaranteed to flip the seats, at least this will hopefully help even if they don't win, because it goes directly towards another cause. I know that the convicts aren't guaranteed to vote, even if they have those rights restored, but I think it's a better use of donations.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
But those ads aren't guaranteed to flip the seats, at least this will hopefully help even if they don't win, because it goes directly towards another cause. I know that the convicts aren't guaranteed to vote, even if they have those rights restored, but I think it's a better use of donations.

That's the collective action problem

Reducing your carbon emissions isn't guaranteed to stop global warming

Voting isn't guaranteed to win an election

But if we all do it, the chances of success increase

And you can and should donate to both!

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, name awareness is a big problem for alot of candidates. Helping get out the word brings in more volunteers, ability to do things like text message, and puts the message out for more people so they can make an informed decision when they vote.

I'm a big supporter of State House races too since redistricting is going on next year that will decide districts for the next 10 years. In Texas, Democrats have the chance to flip the Texas House. They only need 9 additional seats and 17 seats were within 2 points in 2018. These races usually get less money so money goes further and they can have up ballot positive effects too since these are usually the politicians people see in their neighborhoods. The Texas fund is

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/2020-texas-impact-slate

I think it's already been added to the op

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yep, name awareness is a big problem for alot of candidates. Helping get out the word brings in more volunteers, ability to do things like text message, and puts the message out for more people so they can make an informed decision when they vote.

I'm a big supporter of State House races too since redistricting is going on next year that will decide districts for the next 10 years. In Texas, Democrats have the chance to flip the Texas House. They only need 9 additional seats and 17 seats were within 2 points in 2018. These races usually get less money so money goes further and they can have up ballot positive effects too since these are usually the politicians people see in their neighborhoods. The Texas fund is

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/2020-texas-impact-slate

I think it's already been added to the op
Keep talking about it! I def added it.