Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
People who don't have Zatoichi on ignore disgust me

Hard to argue on that one. Sadly.
The wording is pretty clear. It makes it seem like it's some sort of localized squabble, say, like Chile versus Peru (hypothetically). It's rather obvious weasel-wording.
Unless of course English isn't your main language, in which case I'd recommend you use simpler sentences.

Oh, look, the other standard approach. Accusing your opponent of unreasonableness. Wow, that bingo card keeps getting filled more and more. Ironically, accusing your opponent of being 'illogical', 'unreasonable', 'agitated', etc. is a favourite alt-right move.

Trying to label me as alt right is fucking low.

Secondly calling it a regional conflict between two nations with centuries of bad blood between them is not incorrect. Nor is it stating that one is right and one is wrong, or that both are wrong.

Stop making shit up and telling me it's what I meant when I posted nothing of the sort.

Zatoichi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
When was the last time the US annexed part of a sovereign nation?

Well they did invade to sovereign nations, one under complete lies which resulted in massive deaths.

Dropped more bombs on Cambodia than all WW2. Use of agent orange to destroy forests in Vietnam is still causing birth defects to this day.

Use of depleted uranium in urban areas is causing massive spikes of birth defects and cancers in Iraq.

And the gem of foreign policy, supporting the Murderous Israeli occupation and slow genocide of Palestine and it's people.

Over throwing democratic governments all over the globe. List goes on.

Hell the oonly recorded use of Nuclear weapons was against civilians in Japan by the USA.

Both countries are piles of shit, don't kid yourself that one is worse than the other.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
I will. Russia is way worse on foreign policy than the US. Having said that, it doesn't mean the US is some shining beacon of purity. Just less bad.
This.

And the thing is that the US more often than not corrects its mistakes. Bush got 8 years while the country was duped into that war but the aftermath saw George Bush and his legacy thrown into the trash. He was, even in 2016 a punching bag for both parties.

Russia has maybe the most corrupt elections in the world but even still, Putin the greatest threat to democracy world wide gets broad support in Russia.

Its just not comparable. Russia is ran by a fucking mafia.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
What bad things has the US done behind the scenes in Ukraine? Why haven't you actually brought those things up to discuss instead of this "Russia ain't so bad" whataboutism dog and pony show?

You should create a thread about the US's involvement in Yemen's civil war.

Check here : https://www.google.es/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSBREA1601G20140207

Just an example. This made big news and both Americans and Europeans were embarrassed. Could you imagine a US Assistant Secretary discussing who should be in the Ukraine government ? I think it speaks volume on what the Americans do behind the scenes...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

NBC News @NBCNews

Russian Foreign Ministry says it issues "a warning" to Ukraine that naval conflict in the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea "is fraught with serious consequences" and Russia "will firmly curb any attempts to encroach on its sovereignty and security."

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
what does Martial law exactly mean for the internal affairs of Ukraine and also what it means for escalation of this whole thing?

Sorry if that's a loaded question, I'm not too familiar with the Russia and Ukraine situation and I haven't really followed it since the annexation of Crimea

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
Well they did invade to sovereign nations, one under complete lies which resulted in massive deaths.

Dropped more bombs on Cambodia than all WW2. Use of agent orange to destroy forests in Vietnam is still causing birth defects to this day.

Use of depleted uranium in urban areas is causing massive spikes of birth defects and cancers in Iraq.

And the gem of foreign policy, supporting the Murderous Israeli occupation and slow genocide of Palestine and it's people.

Hell the oonly recorded use of Nuclear weapons was against civilians in Japan by the USA.

Both countries are piles of shit, don't kid yourself that one is worse than the other.
Its quite telling that you basically have to look back to fucking WW1 and Vietnam to make the USA seem even close to shit that Russia is literally doing today.

Russia's mafia regime today is dozens of times worse than the US at its worse. Period.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

All your points are valid but the list is even longer for Russia.

Zatoichi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Its quite telling that you basically have to look back to fucking WW1 and Vietnam to make the USA seem even close to shit that Russia is literally doing today.

Russia's mafia regime today is dozens of times worse than the US at its worse. Period.

I can't think of the losses of civilian life attributed to the Iraq invasion or that in Afghanistan that compares to an action of Russia.

The first and second wars.in Chechnya are about as close as that gets.

What about the targeting of males of 13 and above under the Obama administration, labelling them combatants to hide the fact they murdered innocent people with a terrorist weapon class.

Israel is current day, Afghanistan and Iraq are still ongoing.
What trump's killing over 100,000 people in an instant with nuclear weapons?

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Check here : https://www.google.es/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSBREA1601G20140207

Just an example. This made big news and both Americans and Europeans were embarrassed. Could you imagine a US Assistant Secretary discussing who should be in the Ukraine government ? I think it speaks volume on what the Americans do behind the scenes...
I actually listened to the call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9J6sxCs5k

A diplomat having private disagreement? Wow, diabolical.

You've got to be kidding me. What were the actions they discussed? Having meetings with the people involved! As diplomats do! They weren't talking about hacking into political opponents or waging social media psyops campaigns, or clandestine military ops. They were talking about doing their jobs as diplomats -- diplomacy.

Last edited:

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
List it then, let's see who has killed more innocent people and reamed more devastation between them both?

Both as bad as each other,.and I think the US wins in sheer amount of killing and wars started.
If you really want to break it down. Look at the body count of Russia's own citizens that Stalin put in to the meat grinder in order to hurry to gain control of all of Eastern Europe for himself. To say nothing of all the ethnic cleansing he did in Eastern Europe in places like Bulgaria, Romania, and Armenia. Without considering anything else that is more than the US has done.

Oct 25, 2017

Zatoichi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
If you really want to break it down. Look at the body count of Russia's own citizens that Stalin put in to the meat grinder in order to hurry to gain control of all of Eastern Europe for himself. To say nothing of all the ethnic cleansing he did in Eastern Europe in places like Bulgaria, Romania, and Armenia. Without considering anything else that is more than the US has done.

Not to be pedantic, but what Stalin did to his own people is not foreign policy.

Everyone knows he was sick lunatic that killed as many of not more than what the war did to the Russians.

I mean if you want to talk about ethnic cleansing, let's talk about the first nation tribes, he'll let's talk about the slave trade and the ongoing racial regime in America.

Friend, they are both two big bullies that have killed millions and start wars.

Trash.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
north-korea-nighttime-lights.jpg

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Not to be pedantic, but what Stalin did to his own people is not foreign policy.

Everyone knows he was sick lunatic that killed as many of not more than what the war did to the Russians.

I mean if you want to talk about ethnic cleansing, let's talk about the first nation tribes, he'll let's talk about the slave trade and the ongoing racial regime in America.

Friend, they are both two big bullies that have killed millions and start wars.

Trash.
Again you are right, they have both done many horrible things. I disagree that they are on equal footing but we can leave it at that.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Another example – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

"Katyn massacre", or Russian: Катынский расстрел, "Katyn execution by shooting") was a series of mass executions of Polish officers and intelligentsia carried out by the Soviet Union, specifically the NKVD ("People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs", aka the Soviet secret police) in April and May 1940. Though the killings took place at several places, the massacre is named after the Katyn Forest, where some of the mass graves were first discovered.

Nov 20, 2017
excuse me? Do you realize that de jure each state of USSR was independent. "Own people", yeah, sure.

Stalin was also Georgian, so each Russian death that he signed off on (all of them) is very much a foreign policy matter, if we're going to deploy pedantry to defend beastly Russian chauvinism.

Threads like this really do sort the book readers from the Facebookers.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe the people so concerned about America's past atrocities could be kind enough to address the OT instead of derailing the conversation with events that have no relation to the situation at hand.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
FUCK WHATABOUTISM!!!! You literally have no clue what the fuck you are talking about when you are comparing Russia and the US when it comes to Ukraine.

Sure US gets involved in Ukraine politics, I wouldn't even be surprised if they do some shady shit like Russia does to the US when it comes to elections BUT RUSSIA LITERALLY INVADED THEIR NEIGHBOR! How is that even close?!!! Imagine if US invaded and annexed Ontario killing thousands of Canadians. This is what we are talking about here! It's not comparable in any way shape of form.

There's nothing "proxy" about Ukraine. Russia thinks that it's theirs and they will keep doing whatever they please regardless what US and EU do or don't do. Literally the only thing that would impact Russia are crippling sanctions. One think that is their weakness now that didn't exist during Soviet Union time is the fact that capitalism is very much a part of Russian economy.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Twitter Video:

NBC News @NBCNews

BREAKING: In first response from US government leadership, UN Amb. Haley says in UN Security Council mtg. that Russia's shooting at, and seizure of, Ukrainian vessels marks "yet another reckless Russian escalation."

Mark Knoller @markknoller

At UN Security Council, @nikkihaley denounces Russian attack on Ukrainian vessels as an "outrageous violation of sovereign Ukrainian territory." Calls it "yet another reckless Russian escalation." Says "this is no way for a law-abiding civilized nation to act."

Jan 10, 2018
Maybe the people so concerned about America's past atrocities could be kind enough to address the OT instead of derailing the conversation with events that have no relation to the situation at hand.

Mods really need to start cracking down on it.

Russia does something bad. - > Yeah, but what about USA.

It fully derails threads every single time on purpose.

Twitter Video:

NBC News @NBCNews

BREAKING: In first response from US government leadership, UN Amb. Haley says in UN Security Council mtg. that Russia's shooting at, and seizure of, Ukrainian vessels marks "yet another reckless Russian escalation."

Mark Knoller @markknoller

At UN Security Council, @nikkihaley denounces Russian attack on Ukrainian vessels as an "outrageous violation of sovereign Ukrainian territory." Calls it "yet another reckless Russian escalation." Says "this is no way for a law-abiding civilized nation to act."

Haley, your words are as worthless as it gets.

Zatoichi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Jesus wept. Have you not heard of the Russian invasion of Afghanistan? Up to 2,000,000 civilians were thought to have been killed.

Of course I have.

I will no longer engage any further with regards to USA / Russia past transgressions to avoid further derailment.

Apologies.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
I can't think of the losses of civilian life attributed to the Iraq invasion or that in Afghanistan that compares to an action of Russia.

The first and second wars.in Chechnya are about as close as that gets.

What about the targeting of males of 13 and above under the Obama administration, labelling them combatants to hide the fact they murdered innocent people with a terrorist weapon class.

Israel is current day, Afghanistan and Iraq are still ongoing.
What trump's killing over 100,000 people in an instant with nuclear weapons?
We can mention the war and I can again bring back the fact that the Iraq/Afghan war was met with a complete shift in power in our government and a full disavowal of that set of policy. We make mistakes but we also admit to and correct them. And the people who commit those mistakes are basically thrown to the wolves.

Russia doesn't make mistakes, doesn't acknowledge their crimes are wrong and continue to support and re-elect those that commit crimes.

Its worlds apart.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
How many days until Nikki Haley is fired, even if they're just pointless words.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
Fuck Nikki Haley

Putin and Poroshenko are playing cards. Aren't Ukraine elections coming soon?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What would happen if the EU/America made a stand, like shifted some tanks and stuff into Ukraine. I know there is fear of escalation but it goes both ways, Russia isn't responding to anything else. I imagine Russia would probably use it as propaganda that US and Europe are expanding and threatening towards Russia so plays into their hands. Damned if you do, damned if you don't isn't it?

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
How many days until Nikki Haley is fired, even if they're just pointless words.

She already quit, she never had any sway in anything just bluster that would immediately be contradicted by Trump on twitter or it would be the other way around where Trump would have an embarrassing fit on twitter that then Haley would have to stomp out. Haley is among the most useless people in the administration up there with the former Secretary of State.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Is Crimea ever going back to Ukraine? I mean Russia is a bully and santions are at risk with the US being soft at it, Salvini calling to stop santions and half of Europe falling in love with Putin...
Now that China is buying soybeans from Russia at a record pace, they are probably offsetting some of their loses.
What a weird time we are leaving.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Is Crimea ever going back to Ukraine? I mean Russia is a bully and santions are at risk with the US being soft at it, Salvini calling to stop santions and half of Europe falling in love with Putin...
Now that China is buying soybeans from Russia at a record pace, they are probably offsetting some of their loses.
What a weird time we are leaving.
I would say that most of Ukrainians gave up on Crimea long time ago. I mean no one really felt strongly about it to begin with. The issue there is that Ukraine needs to pretend like it gives a shit because everyone will literally forget how fucking scary Russia is. (Some would argue that everyone forgot anyway)

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Just took a peek at some pro-Russian twitter accounts, and they all seem to be retweeting posts by Russian media and even official Russian embassy accounts. They are basically pushing the narrative that Ukraine "preplanned the aggression" and Poroshenko is "sowing a frenzy to take control of the government" and then comparisons to Nazi Germany follow.

It's kind of hilarious. Now, I get the concern about martial law. But if you follow what's happening, if they were to enact it, it would only happen for 30-60 days. These accounts keep screaming about attacks on democracy, fascism, yada yada. There is one check-marked account that was listing all the potentially bad things the gov't could do under martial law, and then said "but in Russia you can talk freely about Putin all you want." This shit seriously made me laugh.

People really get stuck in their bubbles. I'm not saying they are completely wrong, though I think they give the Ukrainian military too much credit, basically saying they pulled off successfully what basically is making Russia look like the big bad guy to the whole world, with three little navy ships.

Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on this stuff. I'm already getting tired of the talking heads and people jumping to conclusions. I don't think martial law is necessary, but in the worst case scenario here, if it was enacted, it would be over in 60 days, and life would continue like normal afterward.

I'm also skeptical if anything is going to happen after this. There's panic on all sides about potential problems. I'm going to wait until things calm down before I start getting too worried (To be clear, I am currently living in Ukraine).